Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Stuck with Henchmen?

AuthorMessage
Hero
May 27, 2009
Several times now, after having hired henchmen to assist with a battle, I have been defeated and have to sit there and watch the henchman battle the monsters until either he/she is defeated as well, or he/she wins. My questions are these:

1) do I get credit for the battle if the henchman wins it for me? I think not, but can it be confirmed?

2) is it possible to cause henchmen to heal their hirers if they become defeated? I know the life henchmen can and do put spirit armor on their hirers, but I have yet to see a henchman even pull out a sprite to heal anyone other than themselves.

3) can a pause be added to allow me to flee such a battle?

Just a few concerns. I do like the henchmen, and Kingsisle has gotten WAY more of my money in crowns since adding them.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Willowdreamer wrote:
Several times now, after having hired henchmen to assist with a battle, I have been defeated and have to sit there and watch the henchman battle the monsters until either he/she is defeated as well, or he/she wins. My questions are these:

1) do I get credit for the battle if the henchman wins it for me? I think not, but can it be confirmed?

2) is it possible to cause henchmen to heal their hirers if they become defeated? I know the life henchmen can and do put spirit armor on their hirers, but I have yet to see a henchman even pull out a sprite to heal anyone other than themselves.

3) can a pause be added to allow me to flee such a battle?

Just a few concerns. I do like the henchmen, and Kingsisle has gotten WAY more of my money in crowns since adding them.

The life do heal. I have had them do sprites and unicorns....in addition to the shields. One saved my defeated character once and saved things.

By the way, the most effective use of the henchman in my opinion is to let them do the first few attacks while you set up blades and defenses. Once you are ready, the enemy have usually shifted attention...or maybe even start with a 'calm' type spell to force attention shift.