Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

My Kid accidentally deleted her main characte

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
My Kid accidentally deleted her main character last night while she was deleting a different character. Is there any hope of getting "Molly" back?

She is totally devastated. I cannot believe the type of psychological trauma is the result of accidentally deleting a character you've invested so much time and money into. Not only that, but it's almost impossible to start all over and get the same results, friends, and etc. But I can certainly understand her pain. I would feel awful if this would have happened to me. (But for the pain is worse because I am watching my little girl suffer over a game :-( )
)
I searched the boards and after finding and reading some posts I became very concerned because this is a fix-able problem and it's effect on the kid is horribly devastating when it happens to them.

Idea for future protection to prevent this kind of thing from happening.
It would be nice if there was at least an option to engage the following:

*Only an account with administrative privileges, could delete characters. Excluding trial accounts.*

I think something like this could really help. I've been reading around and it looks as if this is a problem, but it's a problem that is totally preventable. I read stories of a kid's friend intentionally deleting his main character because he got mad at him.

I'd like to keep this bumped up for a while. It definitely is a subject everyone should familiar them selves with and warn their children about this kind of thing.

Administrator
If you "accidentally" delete a Wizard, (which is very difficult to do, since we make you confirm your request), email Mr Lincoln immediately at support@wizard101.com with a polite request to restore the character.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
Just to let people know, Mr. Lincoln,(support staff), were able to restore the character.

I agree there are several checks and balances to go through when you are deleting a character. However, and what happened may possibly have been a bug, it would seem as though perhaps more could be done to help prevent this from happening to others.

I was sitting next to her when it happened. I had recently bought a new laptop, so I gave my daughter my old one, so this was supposed to be a very exciting time. It almost ended with disastrous consequences!

I was watching her delete the 2nd character I think, she typed in ABRACADABRA once, then it prompted to type it in a second time to confirm. This was the point at which the Character shown on the screen, the one she had selected to delete, suddenly changed into Molly, her Main. I know she did not select Molly on purpose, and she wasn't using a mouse, just the smart pad on the laptop. She is inexperienced when it comes to using laptops, perhaps she may have touched the smart pad in the middle of the process while trying to type.

I am going to test this theory out on some deletable characters on my own account, to make sure this isn't some type of bug.

Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
Just tested it on myself.

Didn't we used to have to type ABRACADABRA in twice for confirmation? Or there was a prompt confirming you to type it in a second time?

I think I understand what happened now.

When you delete a character, there is a process that automatically selects one of your remaining characters. If you are not careful, when you delete a character, make sure you aren't lagged at all.

I think what happened was she deleted the character, but lagged for a few seconds and it still showed the deleted character. Thinking it didn't go through, she hit the delete button again and as she was typing the prompt, that's when it changed to her main character.

*So take note* :

If you are going to delete a character, it would be mindful to be patient.
Make certain you only type ABRACADABRA ONE TIME, and ONE TIME ONLY, per character.

My advice:

If you think your deletion didn't take place and you can still see the same character you deleted, wait a few seconds. If it is still there, log out completely, and then log back in. The character you deleted should be gone. If not, go through the same process again, being extra careful to NOT select any other character than the one you wish to be deleted.

Explorer
May 04, 2009
That's sad. That happened to me once. He was level 49. I made a new character and he is now level 45. It took quite a while but it was easy enough. I'm sorry for your daughter. There is a high chance she'll get her character back if you email Lincoln. He might be able to fix it. From: Tanner WillowRunner, Level 45, Fire.

Explorer
Mar 03, 2009
on the same note, i was deleting a wizard and put his marleybone gear in the bank by accident! i dont know how to get it back plz reply soon

Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
*UPDATE*

Thnaks to KingsIsle's great customer support, they were able to restore My kids Character. The only loss, was that her gold and her friends list were wiped clean.

I haven't checked the point of the restore yet, so there may possibly be a "rollback" in time for the character...it depensd on when they did the server backup (from the restore point.)

Many thanks to KingsIsle and "Mr. Lincoln" for acting so quickly.

Survivor
Sep 20, 2008
I'm still waiting for my message to be restored back when i accidentally deleted my charterer jeremystormcloudi go to support and it gives me this reference number buy then what after that

Survivor
Mar 17, 2009
i deleted my character to but i emailed mr, licoln and i got a message back and i replyed back but its bin two day and i cant wait no longer help me please

Survivor
Jul 13, 2009
i am robert my grand son got hack last nightand he got logged off and when he log on he was sad becuz his 4 mane people got deleted it was a myth master 45 and grand storm level 50 and a fire level 50 if you can plz help him get it back he been so depressed he wont eat a lot now and he just ant the same now. :-(

Historian
May 15, 2009
rockyy987 wrote:
i am robert my grand son got hack last nightand he got logged off and when he log on he was sad becuz his 4 mane people got deleted it was a myth master 45 and grand storm level 50 and a fire level 50 if you can plz help him get it back he been so depressed he wont eat a lot now and he just ant the same now. :-(

i actually find this hard to believe and you only named 3

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
On some online games I've played they made it so that a player had a list of characters they deleted and could undelete them after deleting. As far as the staff saying it is hard to believe anyone could do this given how difficult they have made it to confirm the delete it simply is not hard to believe that characters are accidently deleted given that you can have the same exact character names and with stitching you can even have all your characters looking exactly the same. Trying to figure out if you are actually deleting the right character can be a bit tricky and even more so if they are of the same school. Some players do name all their characters the same name in order to make their friends to recognize and associate as being them, for this reason some players also stitch everything the same.

Defender
Jul 21, 2010
MRKrackcode wrote:
My Kid accidentally deleted her main character last night while she was deleting a different character. Is there any hope of getting "Molly" back?

She is totally devastated. I cannot believe the type of psychological trauma is the result of accidentally deleting a character you've invested so much time and money into. Not only that, but it's almost impossible to start all over and get the same results, friends, and etc. But I can certainly understand her pain. I would feel awful if this would have happened to me. (But for the pain is worse because I am watching my little girl suffer over a game :( )
)
I searched the boards and after finding and reading some posts I became very concerned because this is a fix-able problem and it's effect on the kid is horribly devastating when it happens to them.

Idea for future protection to prevent this kind of thing from happening.
It would be nice if there was at least an option to engage the following:

*Only an account with administrative privileges, could delete characters. Excluding trial accounts.*

I think something like this could really help. I've been reading around and it looks as if this is a problem, but it's a problem that is totally preventable. I read stories of a kid's friend intentionally deleting his main character because he got mad at him.

I'd like to keep this bumped up for a while. It definitely is a subject everyone should familiar them selves with and warn their children about this kind of thing.
not to be mean but she ACCIDENTALY typed the word "abracadabra"??

Defender
Jun 30, 2009
ok i would like to know how old is the kid and if he or she is age 7 and up i think the kid should be smart enough to now typein the following letters A-B-R-A-C-A-D-A-B-R-A and if under the age of 7 i dont really think a kid knows how to spell and even so who lets a little kid on a game like wizard101 like really i am only 14 but really you accidentally typed abracadabra the just does not add up cause the way to delete a person is yopu click delete the you type in letters then some thing comes up so it gives you more than enopugh warning but any ways i sounds like it has been cleared up been when i read this hole thing i burst out laughing thinking how old is this child and how much of a warning does the child need but i am sry if i sound mean the is just my nature so sry if i souns mean

Jack Dragonbreath 8) 8) 8) :) :-) :) :D

Survivor
Jan 10, 2011
I accidentaly deleted my account too! My brother went on and stupidly deleted it! I just emailed Mr. Lincon. Hope he writes back soon!
:x

Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
KI is awesome!! Thanks to them your daughter is able to still use Molly :) Glad they restored it for her, Congrats!!!!

Defender
Jun 13, 2009
Instead of flaming the person, do a magical thing called read the persons posts. It's been resolved already. And she posted how it happened, and a warning. Sigh, read people, it isnt difficult.