Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Walking thru walls?

AuthorMessage
Delver
May 04, 2009
Has anyone ever seen this? I'll be playing and another wizard appears. It seems they came out of nowhere because I didn't see them walking around. Then after a battle, when they leave, they "walk thru the walls". I tried to follow them a couple of times, but I hit the wall and got stopped. I couldn't walk thru it. Sometimes I see this as I'm walking around too. I'll be following sidewalks or pathways, and another wizard cuts thru walls and stuff. I think it's a shortcut and I try to follow, but no luck! Who are these wizards and how can they walk thru walls like that?

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
Hollen1233 wrote:
Has anyone ever seen this? I'll be playing and another wizard appears. It seems they came out of nowhere because I didn't see them walking around. Then after a battle, when they leave, they "walk thru the walls". I tried to follow them a couple of times, but I hit the wall and got stopped. I couldn't walk thru it. Sometimes I see this as I'm walking around too. I'll be following sidewalks or pathways, and another wizard cuts thru walls and stuff. I think it's a shortcut and I try to follow, but no luck! Who are these wizards and how can they walk thru walls like that?

This is a minor glitch i'm sure many of you have seen. the player walking through walls, isnt REALLY walking though them. They are correctly following the path. There are no players that can magically walk through stuff, although you can see it on your screen. So it is just a glitch and i am sure you have walked though walls, too, according to other player's screens.

Mastermind
Oct 17, 2008
As IamLezul explained, this is just a minor glitch. Usually it happens if your signal happens to be a bit behind theirs. So, on their screen, they walk a normal path around the wall. However, because the information transmits to your computer a bit slowly, the game hurries to catch up with their real movements so it sends them through a wall. That way, when they stop, they'll be standing in the place they really are at the right time.

...Did that make any sense at all?

I'm not entirely sure what you meant by wizard's randomly appearing in a battle. Perhaps you meant that they are logging back in, and were drawn into a battle at that moment. That happens, sometimes.

Delver
May 04, 2009
Windlilly wrote:
As IamLezul explained, this is just a minor glitch. Usually it happens if your signal happens to be a bit behind theirs.

...Did that make any sense at all?

I'm not entirely sure what you meant by wizard's randomly appearing in a battle.

Thanks. It does make sense. My computer is kind of slow at times...

About wizards appearing...as an example...I was in the cave system looking for Herkir (spelling?). Another wizard just seemed to appear. He didn't come thru a doorway or anything. Maybe he did just log back in like you said. But he was a much higher level wizard and he stayed with me and helped me until I finished the quests in the cave system. Couldn't have done it without him. He was really nice too. When we were finished, he said "You go girl.!" and then he just backed away and went thru the wall and disappeared. Really spooky, especially when you're in that dark cave system. But I never did get to tell him thanks for helping me. So if he's reading this, here's a big THANK YOU to him... ;-)

Survivor
Oct 10, 2009