Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Many wizards

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
Is there any way that several wizards on the same account can log on at the same time. I share a file with my brother and I want to be able to help him along with my wizard. The only problem is that they are on the same file. Please respond even if it's to tell me that we need different accounts.

Administrator
Each account (login and password) can only be logged in by one person at a time.

If you and your brother would like to play at the same time, you must each have your own account.

You can save on the subscription of you have accounts linked under a Family of Accounts - it drops the price from $9.95 a month each to $6.95 a month each.

If you have Wizards that are already established, you can make a request of Mr Lincoln to move Wizards from one account to another, but only within the Family of Accounts.

Just send a polite request to Mr Lincoln detailing the FROM account and the TO account, as well as the names and levels of the characters you would like to move.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Mar 09, 2009
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
Each account (login and password) can only be logged in by one person at a time.

If you and your brother would like to play at the same time, you must each have your own account.

You can save on the subscription of you have accounts linked under a Family of Accounts - it drops the price from $9.95 a month each to $6.95 a month each.

If you have Wizards that are already established, you can make a request of Mr Lincoln to move Wizards from one account to another, but only within the Family of Accounts.

Just send a polite request to Mr Lincoln detailing the FROM account and the TO account, as well as the names and levels of the characters you would like to move.

Professor,

Would Mr. Lincoln also allow the transfer of crowns from one account to another within the Family of Accounts?

Administrator
MarchHare wrote:
Professor,

Would Mr. Lincoln also allow the transfer of crowns from one account to another within the Family of Accounts?

You can already do this yourself, young Wizard. Log in to the Family Master account and go to My Accounts - there you will see a list of all accounts, and beside the Crowns balance is a Transfer Button.

This allows you to transfer Crowns between accounts within a Family of Accounts only.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Mar 09, 2009
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
MarchHare wrote:
Professor,

You can already do this yourself, young Wizard. Log in to the Family Master account and go to My Accounts - there you will see a list of all accounts, and beside the Crowns balance is a Transfer Button.

This allows you to transfer Crowns between accounts within a Family of Accounts only.

Ah, thank you, thank you, not only for your time but for your patience!

Fallon Moonrunner, Grandmaster Ice

Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:

We already paid for a full year so if I move to a new account would I have to pay for the new one, or could I still have the membership on both files for a while?

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:

Both myself and my real life friend made opened a second account and made them sub-accounts. While I hadn't put a request in yet (because I am the only player in the house), she did. Her master account has her wizards and her grandson's wizards (who lives with her). She wanted to be able to move his wizards to the new account and sent an email to Mr. Lincoln with the request.

The reply was that they could not do it.

So what gives? I would like to transfer my grandmasters to the sub-account (retirement).

Delver
May 04, 2009
Preacher7719 wrote:
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:

Both myself and my real life friend made opened a second account and made them sub-accounts. While I hadn't put a request in yet (because I am the only player in the house), she did. Her master account has her wizards and her grandson's wizards (who lives with her). She wanted to be able to move his wizards to the new account and sent an email to Mr. Lincoln with the request.

The reply was that they could not do it.

So what gives? I would like to transfer my grandmasters to the sub-account (retirement).

I had the same problem. I sent an e-mail to Support and explained that I was going to open a Family Account to connect to the one I now have with six wizards on it. I asked if three of the wizards could be transferred to the new sub-account when I set it up. I got a reply from Mr. Lincoln saying "we are unable to fill your request at this time". If I set up a sub-account, can I transfer some wizards to it?

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
Administrator
We have suspended the ability to transfer Wizards between accounts.

Should we re-enable this ability in the future, we will let you know.

community@wizard101.com
Explorer
Mar 11, 2009
I am sorry but i do not understand why...

I am an adult and I pay for my account, my nephews account and I have also started a second account for me. They are all under the Family Plan. Since I am the primary account holder, and I pay my money for the accounts I should be able to have wizards moved between MY accounts. It seems so straight forward to me. Moving wizards between accounts that are owned and payed for by me. I started a wizard on my nephews account and have since made her a grandmaster but because she is on his account he is using all my crowns and I allowed the account open chat so I could talk to my friends but I do not want my nephew having open chat (he is 10). If my wizard could be moved to my other account then I could change his to menu chat which is what he should have anyway. I am just mystified by this refusal.

Maybe is we had to pay to have our wizards moved. I would gladly do that.

Delver
May 04, 2009
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
We have suspended the ability to transfer Wizards between accounts.

Should we re-enable this ability in the future, we will let you know.

Any news or update on this yet? As Professor Greyrose says, "...with Persistence, Victory is assured." (lol)

Explorer
Mar 11, 2009
I am still hoping it will change. I was on the wizard I want moved today and my nephew logged in at his home and logged me off...I was in a pvp match at the time :(

Survivor
Jun 12, 2009
KHorne, I asked about this as well and the response was exactly the same as yours. Today in a reply I asked if it was a technical issue or policy? Hopefully someone in the company will take note that many of us want to play with our kids, not wait for them to finish. Thank you for asking the question and being persistent.
Regards, Jack Hammer ~ Grand Necro

Survivor
Jul 28, 2009
I am wanting to run quests with my son and am setting up a family account. Will I be able to move my lvl 50 so that i can help him out? I mean it seems like many want this ability, but I can not find any info about it except this post and no reply for a few months. Please help.

Administrator
booh2004 wrote:
I am wanting to run quests with my son and am setting up a family account. Will I be able to move my lvl 50 so that i can help him out? I mean it seems like many want this ability, but I can not find any info about it except this post and no reply for a few months. Please help.

Courtesy character transfer requests have been terminated due to a number of compromised account security issues.

However, if both accounts (the from & to) are linked in a Family of Accounts, pass our security checks and are subscribed for a 1 year term, we will transfer the characters for you. If meet these conditions, please send a request to Mr Lincoln at support@wizard101.com let him know the Source Account, the Destination Account, and the name of the character(s) to be transferred and he will look into the transfer for you.

All of Mr Lincoln's decisions are final when it comes to character transfer requests.

community@wizard101.com
Adherent
Mar 12, 2010

Thank you Professor Greyrose and Mr. Lincoln. I did set up a new sub-account and asked to have the character transfers done.

Mr. Lincoln came back and gave me the same reply that is posted here from Professor Greyrose. I sent an e-mail with my request and the courtesy transfer was done successfully.

My wizards are now happy in their new home, and we can play the game with the other wizards on the master acccount.

Appreciate the time and assistance from everyone involved!

Explorer
Mar 11, 2009
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
booh2004 wrote:

Courtesy character transfer requests have been terminated due to a number of compromised account security issues.

However, if both accounts (the from & to) are linked in a Family of Accounts, pass our security checks and are subscribed for a 1 year term, we will transfer the characters for you. If meet these conditions, please send a request to Mr Lincoln at support@wizard101.com let him know the Source Account, the Destination Account, and the name of the character(s) to be transferred and he will look into the transfer for you.

All of Mr Lincoln's decisions are final when it comes to character transfer requests.

Ok, so let me understand this...

I have a family plan with several accounts on it an I pay for it with my credit card with the auto renewal doing its thing every 6 months and renewing them. I have been in this game for just about one year now. I need my storm grandmaster moved to another account and unless i change my sub to 12 months I am not allowed? Just making sure I got this straight.