Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

C'mon - just PLAY already!

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 31, 2009
I only stumbled upon this forum recently in the hopes of learning a thing or two about pvp - tips, maybe, or strategy, or something useful. Instead, this forum is overrun with unending stream of posts about cheating, how "unfair" this is, how "unfair" that is, and a whole lot of whining about why people can't win.

Ugh.

At the risk of being ironic, I'd like to throw my 2 cents in...

Matching in PVP: There have been numerous posts about how unfair the matching is - why does a Private fight a Captain and the such. Some seem to think matches should be paired by rank, some by Level. However, does this really solve the problem? Is it fair if one Private is a level 1 and the other private a level 50 playing for the first time? Is it fair for A level 50 Warlord with all the gear to play a level 50 Private? Neither work, which is why the current system really makes the most sense. It's may appear unfair sometimes, but it's far more FAIR then any other option.

Balance unfair: I'd love to know how many Warlords of each school there are. Seems lots of folks think Balance has all the advantages, yet I win at least half of my pvp vs. this school. Life, however - almost never. Some of that is because of fire's difficulty in One Hitting, but how come there's never any complaining about Life? Each school has it's advantage, each school it's disadvantage - that's what makes it fun. The difference between winning and loosing is called STRATEGY, and it seems that if those who obsess about how unfair Balance is would put a fraction of their time into playing and learning instead of whining, they'd have nothing to complain about.

Treasure Cards: To use or not to use - that is the question. And while it's fair to debate this, I wish folks would accept the fact that there is nothing UNFAIR about using them. Everyone has the same opportunity to earn / trade / buy them - don't begrudge those that take advantage of that opportunity. It's called being resourceful, and, as in life, resourcefulness while playing by the rules should be rewarded, not scorned. Don't want to use them - don't. I made it to Knight (and back to Corporal, back to Sergeant, back to Private, etc...) before I discovered we could use them, so it's possible to win (sometimes) AND have fun. But unless KI get's rid of them in PVP, it's NOT cheating to use them. Make your own decision of what you want to do, but don't confuse you losing with them cheating. I, personally, think it would add to the game if there was some sort of check on their use, (I think it would be AWESOME if each Treasure Card use would reduce the number of tickets and points you got. Use one Three Pip Treasure Card? Instead of 10 tickets if you win, you get 9; instead of 20 points, you get 17. Use lots of Treasure Cards and you get barely ANY, so while you have the option to use them but there is a disincentive. Brilliant!), but I don't fret when I lose because I've taken three successive Wild Bolts from a Life wizard. That'll teach me!

This is just one person's opinion, but at the end of the day I wish folks would just relax and play the game. Sure, after a few loses it's easy to say that some battles are "unfair", but I guarantee that in almost every instance if you take a step backwards you'll see that there probably was something that could've been done to change the outcome. Maybe a different strategy, or use a deck of cards specific to battling a particular school, or maybe it's simply the luck of the cards - every battle is win-able. But that's where the challenge, and fun, to this game is.

So, instead of spending time ranting (yes, the irony is not lost on me here) about how unfair this is, or how bad that is, channel your energy to where it can actually make a difference - in the Arena. C'mon people - just play already.

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
they should ban treasure cards in pvp because people cant use their strategies i keep losing as my life for one reason ENEMIES USES TREASURE CARDS why cant they just leave it and one thing how ca we stp balance attacks if we are not ice in any way its a good idea to ban treasure cards in rank matches that everyone will have a fair chance. my life is currently knight he lost captain rank. and really thwe shouldnt ban treasure cards in the game just in pvp rank practice is just ok its just a waste so plz ban them in rank

Survivor
Mar 01, 2009
Caspeen wrote:
I only stumbled upon this forum recently in the hopes of learning a thing or two about pvp - tips, maybe, or strategy, or something useful. Instead, this forum is overrun with unending stream of posts about cheating, how "unfair" this is, how "unfair" that is, and a whole lot of whining about why people can't win.

Ugh.

Matching in PVP: There have been numerous posts about how unfair the matching is - why does a Private fight a Captain and the such. Some seem to think matches should be paired by rank, some by Level. However, does this really solve the problem? Is it fair if one Private is a level 1 and the other private a level 50 playing for the first time? Is it fair for A level 50 Warlord with all the gear to play a level 50 Private? Neither work, which is why the current system really makes the most sense. It's may appear unfair sometimes, but it's far more FAIR then any other option.

Balance unfair: I'd love to know how many Warlords of each school there are. Seems lots of folks think Balance has all the advantages, yet I win at least half of my pvp vs. this school. Life, however - almost never. Some of that is because of fire's difficulty in One Hitting, but how come there's never any complaining about Life? Each school has it's advantage, each school it's disadvantage - that's what makes it fun. The difference between winning and loosing is called STRATEGY, and it seems that if those who obsess about how unfair Balance is would put a fraction of their time into playing and learning instead of whining, they'd have nothing to complain about.

Treasure Cards: To use or not to use - that is the question. And while it's fair to debate this, I wish folks would accept the fact that there is nothing UNFAIR about using them. Everyone has the same opportunity to earn / trade / buy them - don't begrudge those that take advantage of that opportunity. It's called being resourceful, and, as in life, resourcefulness while playing by the rules should be rewarded, not scorned. Don't want to use them - don't. I made it to Knight (and back to Corporal, back to Sergeant, back to Private, etc...) before I discovered we could use them, so it's possible to win (sometimes) AND have fun. But unless KI get's rid of them in PVP, it's NOT cheating to use them. Make your own decision of what you want to do, but don't confuse you losing with them cheating. I, personally, think it would add to the game if there was some sort of check on their use, (I think it would be AWESOME if each Treasure Card use would reduce the number of tickets and points you got. Use one Three Pip Treasure Card? Instead of 10 tickets if you win, you get 9; instead of 20 points, you get 17. Use lots of Treasure Cards and you get barely ANY, so while you have the option to use them but there is a disincentive. Brilliant!), but I don't fret when I lose because I've taken three successive Wild Bolts from a Life wizard. That'll teach me!

This is just one person's opinion, but at the end of the day I wish folks would just relax and play the game. Sure, after a few loses it's easy to say that some battles are "unfair", but I guarantee that in almost every instance if you take a step backwards you'll see that there probably was something that could've been done to change the outcome. Maybe a different strategy, or use a deck of cards specific to battling a particular school, or maybe it's simply the luck of the cards - every battle is win-able. But that's where the challenge, and fun, to this game is.

So, instead of spending time ranting (yes, the irony is not lost on me here) about how unfair this is, or how bad that is, channel your energy to where it can actually make a difference - in the Arena. C'mon people - just play already.

That is an awesome idea you have about Treasure Cards effecting ticket outcomes!

Are you listening KI?

And to all the people screaming about cheating: If it's cheating to find a way to win, why is it in the game to begin with?

If you lose, just say "good game" like every teacher in the world says to do after any type of sporting event, and go to work to get better.

My fire wizard wins some and loses( alot mor than wins), my death wins, my balance takes a beating, and my storm rocks. Notice that results may vary.

Please for the love of Ambrose stop whining.

Explorer
Jul 11, 2009
Chool121 wrote:
they should ban treasure cards in pvp because people cant use their strategies i keep losing as my life for one reason ENEMIES USES TREASURE CARDS why cant they just leave it and one thing how ca we stp balance attacks if we are not ice in any way its a good idea to ban treasure cards in rank matches that everyone will have a fair chance. my life is currently knight he lost captain rank. and really thwe shouldnt ban treasure cards in the game just in pvp rank practice is just ok its just a waste so plz ban them in rank

I agree- yet I also disagree.
I agree because what is the uniqueness in schools if everyones just throwing random cards out? What is the point? If that's the case, just get rid of all schools. (Which I hope doesn't happen.)
I disagree because these Wizards PAY for the Treasure cards and/or trade for them. True, if the Treasure card was GIVEN to them, it would probably be cheating. Anyways, I don't really like people using Treasure Cards in PvP.

-WaddleDeeMan

Explorer
Dec 16, 2008
Caspeen wrote:

Ugh.

Thak you SO MUCH! I am TIRED of people complaining
I've written like a bijillian forum posts
on this and I CAN"T TAKE IT ANYMORE!
A poster (I will not mention names) yelled at me saying that I shouldn't tell
people to stop and I should stop yelling at people :(. YOU just made my
day by saying that . THANK YOU SO MUCH I AGREE WITH YOU
100%!
Gamma if you are reading this give Caspeen like 10000 crowns or somethig for stating it how it is.
P.S THIS GAME IS AWESOME I LOVE IT TO DEATH!
Death students I don't mean that literally!!!!!

Wolf Dragonflame
Level 38 Pyromancer
Tree of Life MS

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
The reason I read this board alot is because I like to watch other users talk about those spells, and the person who they were pvping were doing.

Caroline Sunbright
Grandamster theurgist