Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Would you think T.V.?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 07, 2008
:D Hi, first thankz for reading this. Now would you think that Wizard101 would create a T.V. series based on the game? If you think they would please leave coments on who you think the wizards are or thier type of school or maye how the story would start. I think it would be fun to think of the possiblities. So T.V. series idea or idea.

Erica Light
Master Myth Wizard [lv. 48]

Survivor
Aug 20, 2009
It would be so cool if there was a t.v show about wizard 101.Also I think it would be cooler if there was a movie about wizard 101.

jacob earthsword Adept sorcerer lvl. 27

Defender
Jun 17, 2009
Movie greatly possible..

tv series kinda so so it depends will take alot of actors from wizard of waverly place to transfer into Wizard101

Survivor
Feb 07, 2009
Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
AAAHHH!!! GREAT IDEA!!! i love the game and it would be so cool if it was a movie or t.v. show! And if they need actors from the game my wizard volintears! lol
But really it would be vere cool!

Amanda OwlRider Level 31 Life/Balance wizard

Delver
Jun 16, 2009
Movie!!!!!!!!
I'm not sure about TV shows, you know how busy KI is, they don't have all day to worry about the TV shows.

Survivor
Jun 29, 2009
A MOVIE WOULD BE AN AWESOME IDEA!!! But I don't think the story will fit in to much.

Explorer
Feb 07, 2009
Survivor
Jun 16, 2009
What if we had tv's in the game! There could be channels on cards, creatures, and equipment. There could be three types! Anold fashion tv that costs 2000 gold, a big screen tv: 5000 gold, and a flat screen:10000 gold! tell me what you think.

Survivor
Mar 22, 2009
triassicalex wrote:
What if we had tv's in the game! There could be channels on cards, creatures, and equipment. There could be three types! Anold fashion tv that costs 2000 gold, a big screen tv: 5000 gold, and a flat screen:10000 gold! tell me what you think.

lol not really a fan of having TV's in my dorm or castle, maybe magic mirrors that let us replay the cinematic cut scenes of cards or maybe short skits ... mirror mirror on the wall whats the greatest spell of all :P

Survivor
Dec 07, 2008
ChaosXtaC wrote:
triassicalex wrote:

lol not really a fan of having TV's in my dorm or castle, maybe magic mirrors that let us replay the cinematic cut scenes of cards or maybe short skits ... mirror mirror on the wall whats the greatest spell of all :P

I agree having a T.V at your wiz101 home seams a little wierd because the game doesn't have a lot to do with electronics. Do you get what I am saying? If you think about it, when you think about a wizard in your mind, you wouldn't see things that we have in our lives today. You would think of magic, fantasy, and storytales come to life. ( And maybe even a flash in your mind on the Medevial Times I: ) Its basically [what i think] what KI wanted it to be. Fantasy. Fun. Magic.

Survivor
Dec 07, 2008
DarkStorm824 wrote:
Movie!!!!!!!!
I'm not sure about TV shows, you know how busy KI is, they don't have all day to worry about the TV shows.

Yeah, now that i think about it a movie would be a better choice and then if KI would or could they could try to make a T.V. series. But your right they do probably have a lot of things to worry about and do with just the game itself. (BTW thx for posting)

Defender
May 11, 2009
this is so weird but i always think there should be a w101 movie, it does have my wizard though only because i though of kind of a movie and i think the magic mirror and tv idea should be combined yes i think the tv should be changed to magic mirrors, but i like the idea of like a couple channels, only that it should come with like one and you would have to buy others, and i think the price should be raised a bit(i no its like SoxKid what are you thinking!) but something that good should have to really be worked for they should be no auction no trade anyone who likes this idea post your main wizard name and HOLLA! :D

Explorer
Dec 13, 2008
It's not gonna happen guys. There is never ever,ever, ever, EVER T.V. shows or movies based off of MMOs, especially kid MMOs.

Survivor
Mar 01, 2009
The Idea
I think Wizard101 has an in depth dramatic story and enough fan base that if it wanted to make a TV series that would be highly possible. A movie just isnt enough time to include everything that goes on in the game, and fans would be dissapointed. TV episodes could be seperated in sections of worlds not just the worlds themselves. For example; Wizard 101 in the beginning, Wizard101 The three streets, Wizard101 colossus boulevard, Wizard101 Nightshade & Nightside, Wizard 101 Journey to Krokotopia, Wizard 101 Pyramid of the sun.
Wizard101 is an enourmous success and they would probably have the money to do it now or in the future. They could play this TV series on their biggest promotional TV channel, Cartoon Network. I think it should be with real people and graphical monsters & and magic. Cartoon Network might also be able to provide some of the money for it's production and use the same graphics type they used for the "Ben 10 the movie" project but re-invent it for Wizard101. Wizard101 could also create a seperate department for the making of the series while they presumed game work as usual.

The story
Similar to the current storyline, figure out malistaires plot and stop him (no surprise there) but with a simple twist. The plot of the series would revolve around an adept team of wizards (one from each school) as opposed to a single "chosen one" wizard. This would also create multiple options for unique sub-plots from episode to episode. Each schools characters would have personalities similar to there schools description.
Character sub-plots could include fighting each other, learning values of teamwork, or love. The myth, death, balance, and storm school characters can be male, and the life, ice, and fire characters can be female (based on school teachers). With blended ethnicities and backgrounds. Also, their names can be after computer students in the game, like Malorn Ashthorn to be the most adept death student. They could also have split scenes where they break off into groups to complete various tasks strategicly as a group. Part of the time the camera follows one group and part the other.
Seriousness doesnt have to dominate the show however. Wizard101's witty humor and dialogue can be included with new added possibilites. More of the history of the schools can be revealed in the early episodes, it's magical peoples (like albert einstein, and cleopatra i think was one of the examples) connection with the schools can be explained, and at the end of the series a new world could be announced. The team would "set forth" to this new world and the series would end, then the new world would be introduced in the game. Like Celestia and an entirely new enemy, more powerful than malistaire, simply known as the Warlock (yes i know it's a shameless plug for my world idea on a TV series bulletin )

Conclusion
If neither Kingsisle nor Cartoon Network would be willing to pursue a project of this magnitude and all of its work thats fine, but coming from someone who has thought entirely too much of this subject i think it's a good, creative idea with many possibilites. The end (finally)

PS- I have more ideas for this TV series and it's episodes, but i cant type them all, i would be willing to help if Kingsisle is interested is looking into this

Survivor
Aug 20, 2009
Hey its me again.(The one who had the movie idea not the one who had the t.v idea)I just saw the post that Ether165 did and he is right.Now Im thinking of doing the movie,but now put the movie in the beganing and/or the ending of the seassion.

Survivor
Aug 02, 2009
phonixking09 wrote:
Hey its me again.(The one who had the movie idea not the one who had the t.v idea)I just saw the post that Ether165 did and he is right.Now Im thinking of doing the movie,but now put the movie in the beganing and/or the ending of the seassion.

Excellent idea. A good example of this is the original yugioh seres. They did like two seasons of the show and then made a movie of it.

Explorer
Feb 22, 2009
I think thats an awesome idea I also think like the other people that we should have a tv, movie, or even books. The books could vividly describe the way your wizard feels when going up against bosses. There could also be a wizard101 hand book for help when you need it

Survivor
Dec 23, 2008
You guys don't have the big picture. Wizard 101 is a video game, that lets the players do their own thing, not a set story, like console games. Their have been lots of console games made into movies, but how many MMOs? Sure, there are rumors about a World of Warcraft movie, but think how long it was out to even have those.

Survivor
Feb 14, 2009
ok, here is my idea for a T.V. show:
It is about a group of young wizards who REALY dislike eachother. but soon they must work together when Merle Ambrose sends them on a journey to find and defeat the Storm King: the greatest Diviner gone bad with plans to destroy the spiral, eliminate all other schools of magic, kill Merle Ambrose, and become the evil ruler of everything !!!!!!!!!!
tell me what you think!

Mastermind
May 02, 2009
a movie is a sweet idea but have players for the w101 would be batter.

(it will probable be a cartoon)

Explorer
Jun 19, 2009
Let me make this simple. You know the AbraCadabra Comics? If it was based on that it would be cool

Defender
Apr 10, 2009
LOL! I SOOOO thought of this first. if they did (very slim chance) they would have to have 7 main charators to avoid school favoritism. i would LOVE 7 main charactors . also we should expect at least 5 seasons or parts, one for each realm, so it would be a very long term commitment. Personally, if it would be all seriouse, i wouldn't like it, i say if it were real it should be at least partly funnny.

Mastermind
May 02, 2009
zoromon42 wrote:
LOL! I SOOOO thought of this first. if they did (very slim chance) they would have to have 7 main charators to avoid school favoritism. i would LOVE 7 main charactors . also we should expect at least 5 seasons or parts, one for each realm, so it would be a very long term commitment. Personally, if it would be all seriouse, i wouldn't like it, i say if it were real it should be at least partly funnny.
that would be comic relif.

and i like it.
most long running dramas have it.

Defender
May 28, 2009
It would be cool if they did that. I would think they would hold like little contests and you would send your episode idea, and that episode would be about you, and you win exclusive prizes on the game. They might make up a wizard and like do the game except make it more exciting to watch.