Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Can't talk to Oakheart

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 28, 2009
I have completed all of the side quests, but I am guessing not in the correct order. I need to speak with Oakheart, but can't get into the building. Very frustrating. Any ideas how to get around? I have been all over MooShu and don't seem to have any open or unfinished quests. I need to talk to Oakheart for a new spell. Any help is appreciated.

Administrator
If Theurgists are having trouble completing your level 48 Life spell quest, you must complete a sidequest in MooShu in order to have access to Oakheart in the Jade Palace.

You must complete these quests, in this order, to get to Oakheart in the Jade Palace. A lot of these quests are the same side quests that you need to complete for the “Wizard Tours” quest or Obsidian Chests quest to get access to the one chest in MooShu.

Cave of Solitude
1. I’m Cursed (from Mossback)
2. Rock On (from Mossback)

Kishibe Village
1. Wear Your Gloves (from Mossback)

Shirataki Temple
1. I’m Cured! (from Mossback)

Ancient Burial Grounds
1. Distressed Earth (from Mossback)
2. Forest Foray (from Mossback)

Village of Sorrow
1. Tainted Forest (from Wavebringer)
2. Forest Spirit (from Wavebringer)

Tree of Life
1. The Great Forest (from Oakheart)
2. Everlasting Forest (from Oakheart)

“Everlasting Forest” quest will give you access to Oakheart in the Jade Palace!

If you are not sure if you have completed any of these quests, or are still having trouble, contact Support with your username and character name and they will help you get moving forward.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Survivor
Sep 07, 2009
Thank you for those outlined quests. I have visited each and every one of those areas and looked at the npc in question (Mossback, Wavebringer, Oakheart). None of them have quests for me. Nearly every Life student that I know has run into this problem, so it appears that there is something with the design of the game play for Life students that makes this a consistent problem.

I have contacted KI and hope they can get my character past this problem.

Survivor
May 07, 2009
I just wanted to post a reply to this. I am also having trouble getting to Oakheart. It seems a lot of life wizard have run into this problem. I also have read the outline of quest needed to be done but I still have not been able to get any of those quest. I went to every single place listed and still no quest for the level 48 spell. A little frustrating so I hope they are able to fix this problem.

Survivor
May 23, 2009
I am also having trouble getting to Oakheart. It seems a lot of life wizard have run into this problem. I also have read the outline of quest needed to be done but I still have not been able to get any of those quest. I went to every single place listed and still no quest for the level 48 spell. A little frustrating so I hope they are able to fix this problem. :(

Survivor
Feb 07, 2010
ok i am also having the same problem. I guess that i didnt do them in the order that was listed. so my question is how was I to know that there was a order you have to do quest in? i guess i will never get that spell, but will that stop me from being a grandmaster?

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
I really don't know how much simpler this can be made for you people.

Just do what Gamma said.

Go to Cave of Solitude and find Mossback. Talk to him and complete his quest. If has no symbol over his head, then you've done the quest.

Move on to Kishibe Village and find Mossback there. Talk to him and complete his quest. If has no symbol over his head, then you've done the quest.

Move on to Shirataki Temple and find Mossback there. Talk to him and complete his quest. If has no symbol over his head, then you've done the quest.

and so on until you complete the quest from Oakheart in the Tree of Life.

Once all of these are done, you can enter the building in the Jade Palace area.

Survivor
Feb 20, 2010
Yes, you need to do the Mossback, then Wavebringer, and finally the OakHeart quests in Mooshu. What makes this complicated is that you may not know which ones you have not yet completed.

Don't worry about having done the quests in the wrong order, just visit all these guys in the order listed above, and try to interact with them (press x).

I just did this: the unfinished quests didn't show in my quest list, and not even above the head of Mossback, so make sure you actually try to talk to all these guys to find the quest that you may have missed. You will get the quest, and have this all done in no time (I mean a couple of hours).

Survivor
Jun 20, 2009
My friends,

I don't mind going back thru to get to Oakheart. My question is why so cryptic? Why do we have to look up here on the forum to discover how we were supposed to have done this? Moolinda Wu says, "The first part of the quest is the most simple. Collect three tokens." Well without In-Game guidance that's just not true and there'd be no way of knowing which direction to head, what quests you are missing or where you should even begin to look.

I just hit 48 and have done all quests up through mid-way in Dragonspire, but I can't get to Oakheart either. I've not skipped a single thing. If there was a quest I took it.

I walked back to every Mossback I could find, and nothing. I went back to Tree of Life and redid the entire dungeon and went into all the houses to defeat the side bosses, but Oakheart had no quest to give me ( I believe I'm missing his two quests because he didn't have anything for me the first time through, so I beat Death Oni and left after Oakheart still had nothing to say). I'd just done Wavebringer's quests, so I can't imagine that's what I'm missing, but I'm headed there now to redo that entire dungeon once again to see if that does it.

My recommendation: Why can't Moolinda Wu give this quest in two parts: One to get Bartleby's and Niles's token and another to get Oakhearts? That way she can say, "Oakheart is the last token you'll need, but you must demonstrate your true affinity for life and completely heal the land of Mooshu. Go speak to Mossback in Shoshun Village and he will guide your journey."

Then if you've completed his part he just says, "Meet me in Kishibe Village. We have work to do." or something. Or maybe even, "You've done all you can here. Go to the Village of Sorrow and seek out Wavebringer. He is in need of your assistance."

... and so on until we actually unlock Oakheart.

I don't feel we should have to come to the forum or talk to Support just to find which quests we have/have not completed in order to progress.

Thanks for your time,
Morgrim SoulForge
Morgrim HexForge

Survivor
Jun 15, 2009
shayapt wrote:
My friends,

I don't mind going back thru to get to Oakheart. My question is why so cryptic? Why do we have to look up here on the forum to discover how we were supposed to have done this? Moolinda Wu says, "The first part of the quest is the most simple. Collect three tokens." Well without In-Game guidance that's just not true and there'd be no way of knowing which direction to head, what quests you are missing or where you should even begin to look.

I just hit 48 and have done all quests up through mid-way in Dragonspire, but I can't get to Oakheart either. I've not skipped a single thing. If there was a quest I took it.

I walked back to every Mossback I could find, and nothing. I went back to Tree of Life and redid the entire dungeon and went into all the houses to defeat the side bosses, but Oakheart had no quest to give me ( I believe I'm missing his two quests because he didn't have anything for me the first time through, so I beat Death Oni and left after Oakheart still had nothing to say). I'd just done Wavebringer's quests, so I can't imagine that's what I'm missing, but I'm headed there now to redo that entire dungeon once again to see if that does it.

My recommendation: Why can't Moolinda Wu give this quest in two parts: One to get Bartleby's and Niles's token and another to get Oakhearts? That way she can say, "Oakheart is the last token you'll need, but you must demonstrate your true affinity for life and completely heal the land of Mooshu. Go speak to Mossback in Shoshun Village and he will guide your journey."

Then if you've completed his part he just says, "Meet me in Kishibe Village. We have work to do." or something. Or maybe even, "You've done all you can here. Go to the Village of Sorrow and seek out Wavebringer. He is in need of your assistance."

... and so on until we actually unlock Oakheart.

I don't feel we should have to come to the forum or talk to Support just to find which quests we have/have not completed in order to progress.

Thanks for your time,
Morgrim SoulForge
Morgrim HexForge

I have to agree with you on this. It is very frustrating and I have been going back and redoing wavebringer and the tree of life over again as well because they are the only ones that I cant figure out if I did them. But I know that I did all of Mossbacks.

Survivor
Aug 12, 2009
You probaly need to do Mossback quests, after you do his chain of quests you have to go to Shatariki (spelled wrong) temple and you talk to Mossback, Oakheart, and Wavebringer. And then move on with quest.
Mossback quests are acctuly importand belive it or not.
Thomas Asheyes Grandmaster Fire
Thomas Ashfist Grandmaster balance
Thomas Ashlife Grandmaster Life