Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Swimming with the Stars quest

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 27, 2010
Ok Me, My wife and a few friends have been trying to finish the Spiral Geologist Tower and needless to say it is a pain in the derrier. The first set of bosses cheat something fierce and we finally beat the first bosses after several,(and I do mean SEVERAL) tries. The way we did it was to get rid of the life first then went after Ice and then Storm and finally took on the Boss. When we reached the top of the tower we had Estrakir Gloomthorn and Knuckles and two other bosses there and we struggled to beat them and never did. My questions are What order do they have to be beat at the very top of that tower? Also if you made it all the way thru the tower and made it to the top floor does that tower reset after a certain amount of time and you have to do it all over again? My Quest log shows Defeat Estrakir Gloomthorn. I know that after a certain amount of time the dungeons and stuff reset if you do not go back after a certain amount of time and I definitely do not wanna have to go thru all that mess again. My group started getting really frustrated because of the amount of cheating those bosses do and finally we all gave up for today. Anyone who has finished that quest please throw us a bone here and explain to us what we are doing wrong. Also if anyone wants to help out we would appreciate it.

Hunter Firethorn
Level 50 Grandmaster Pyromancer

This is my wifes character

Scarlet Nightheart
Level 50 Grandmaster Sorcerer

Survivor
Dec 29, 2009
Try searching for: Estrakir Gloomthorn guide in this message board. HelephantCaster gave some good advice on resolving your issue. If you would like, I can assist you. Just let me know what day, realm, timezone, and time we can meet.

Tristan Skyriver

Grand Storm

Survivor
Aug 27, 2010
I appreciate it, but by the time this Message posted on here I had already went to wizard101central and looked around for info and asked for advice and someone had went with us on the run to help us out. It is definitely a tough run and I must say you have to have a specific strategy. It is not impossible, but because the bosses cheat it makes it more challenging. I pray that KI doesn't change this tower and leaves it as is. The game needs more challenges like this in it.

Explorer
Apr 28, 2010
Hi I am a Grandmaster theurgist called Gabriel Starcatcher (if you see me anywhere you know its me) and I have finished this tower but lemme say it was not easy at all. The first boss is pretty easy but you have to take the minions out in order or they will cheat. If it's Estrakir you need help with, I want to say i only was able to kill him one time and now i got the quest on my fire wiz so it's a pain to get through. First start taking out the rats cause they will shield the other two depending on who you are hitting. Then take the cat out cause he heals when you heal but after he is dead you are not out of the clouds yet cause whenever you heal, Estrakir will do Scarecrow without any pips he will also cast it every two turns or when you heal. You can't heal at all in that battle, only steals like Wraith, Scarecrow etc... if you heal while the cat is alive he will rebirth the team and it will bring back any monsters that have died if they died that turn. Then Estrakir, he is a real pain but there is a trick that you can do to make it easier on you, if you die DON'T HEAL flee use a potion and enter the tower again without anybody joining you. You can't mark in towers but this trick applies only to Briskbreeze and Warehouse not the DS gauntlets. The gauntlet wont restart but you have to climb all the way up to the floor you died on. If there is still somebody fighting up there the floor will stay the same but if they left the floor restarts, all enemies in that floor respawn and you have to kill them again. There is no trick to beating him but keep casting spells to hit him, dont let Scarecrow keep you down, shield death or if there is a death with you tell him to put up some death dispels (dispels are very useful here the most useful ones are: Entangle (Life) which prevents rebirth on cat, Strangle (Death) on Estrakir as I said before and Quench on Estrakir which should be casted whenever you cast a blade cause he will do Fire Nova (Mutation to Power Nova) which is overpowered and does fire damage and adds weakness. A good team to have in warehouse is Life, Storm, Death and Ice, Storm might be replaced with Fire but bolts might work nicely with some accuracy boosts also Ice boosts to Fire, Death and Life can dispel and heal plus provide some extra damage just in case.

Hope this helps.

Survivor
Aug 27, 2010
The way we did it when we got to Estrikir was we all emptied our decks out and just left mass attack spells in our deck that caused damage depending on how many pips you have, I.E. Tempest. We alsot left the School Blades like Balance Blade, Fire Blade etcetera. We let one person do the attacking and the rest of us use the blades. Like balance blade and elemental Blades. Well when we got the individual set up quite good with the Blades, the individual should be using her storm blades on herself as well. When she got finished she had alot of pips in front of her. She also used a storm spell that boosts the atack damage on all enemies. When she was sufficiently setup she then cast Tempest which if done right and provided he doesn't interrupt, It should knock out almost everybody.

Survivor
Aug 13, 2010
I see Wizard 101 finally came clean and admitted they cheat their players. This quest just proves what a friend of mine that works with the Computer side of Homeland Security found out. I asked him, as a favor to have this checked into and he found alot of discrepencies with KI and the game. It's pathetic when you pay for a game, and also give them money for their "shop" items, and they make it so that you have to team up with people. My wife and I play, and we like to play the game alone. We purchased minions going into this tower, got to the first boss, and couldn't even take out their minions because they refused to let us attack. We would select a spell, and 3 turn later we still had not attacked. If this is KI's way of thanking their players, they can keep it.

Survivor
Dec 04, 2009
Ya I just got that quest and was with 3 other grands (Blance,Fire,Death) who had beaten the tower and they were AFRAID to do it. These were the guys who rushed into malistare battles by themselves, not waiting for the other people to show up. but that is a little scarry. P.S. How many levels are there in the t ower?

Mitchell Hawkeyes, Myth Grand

Survivor
Aug 13, 2010
Same here. My wife had a life gm, and I had a death gm and we just rushed in to the Malastaire quest w/o a thought. When we got to the tower, it just "blew". I think it was the 3rd lvl that we got the boss, and it just kept taking our banes off of the crits, and taking our shields off of us w/o attacking. I tried to throw wraith to get health, and the spell just disappeared. I'm not sure how many lvls there are, but, I'm hoping KI doesn't expect us to complete it just to get to Celestia. Since both of our chars have completed the entire "story" and have dead ended at lvl 50 we should have an instant access to Celestia, as should ALL GM's or chars over lvl 48.

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
rebelrenegade1 wrote:
The way we did it when we got to Estrikir was we all emptied our decks out and just left mass attack spells in our deck that caused damage depending on how many pips you have, I.E. Tempest. We alsot left the School Blades like Balance Blade, Fire Blade etcetera. We let one person do the attacking and the rest of us use the blades. Like balance blade and elemental Blades. Well when we got the individual set up quite good with the Blades, the individual should be using her storm blades on herself as well. When she got finished she had alot of pips in front of her. She also used a storm spell that boosts the atack damage on all enemies. When she was sufficiently setup she then cast Tempest which if done right and provided he doesn't interrupt, It should knock out almost everybody.

Rebelrenegade1,

My name is Timothy Pearlflower and I have been trying without success to defeat this boss. Yesterday, a guy kept moving in circles disregarding my requests for help while I was struggling. Can you meet me in Marleybone and assist me?

Legendary Ice Wizard, Timothy Pearlflower