Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Somebody changed something in Katzenburg

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 17, 2012
I have just quit the Dr. Katzenburg dungeon for the fourth time, this time with a high level wizard as a partner.

Why?

Because between the lag and the reach of the clockworks, we could not get anything done, because we spent all of our time fighting these wandering monsters.

Case in point: I was standing in a corner turn, waiting for a clockwork to pass me by. Why was I waiting? Because the game lags at the most inappropriate times, and I cannot predict where I will end up up when it ends. So, it is best to wait for them to pass.

Now, remember, I was waiting in the CORNER, somewhere I should not have been touched.

But no, the monster grabs me and take me into a fight.

I'm trying to remember a stupid combination, and fight these stupid cogs at the same time, because I don't dare try and run around them.

I have NEVER run into something that absurd before. I should not have to fight every single wandering monster in the dungeon in order to defeat this.

ESPECIALLY with the horrible lag.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
This is a generic answer so that those who search for the same problem in the future can find it. It may or may not fit the situation of the original poster.

Sometimes the "lag" is due to your computer not processing the information quickly enough. This is usually due to your graphics card but can happen in systems with high-end graphics cards; for some reason some systems have trouble processing certain things sent to them by the game.

Go into your graphics options and change these:

Full screen: Off. This is the worst of the offenders. Certain chipsets just don't handle full-screen well, especially with a widescreen monitor. Try a windowed version. 1280 x 970 works well with widescreen monitors.

Graphics Detail: Low

Texture Detail: Low

Bloom Active: Off

Smoothing: Off.

Shadows: Off

Particles: All the way to the left

Hardware Cursor: On. This should always be on unless your computer won't run the game with that setting.

After you change all those, see if things have improved. If they have, then it was a graphics issue. You can experiment with turning various things that you want back on and see how it affects the game. Sometimes one setting that the computer/graphics-card doesn't understand how to handle will be the culprit; other times it's an accumulation of everything weighing down the resources of the system and/or graphics card.

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
MaxDeGroot wrote:
I have just quit the Dr. Katzenburg dungeon for the fourth time, this time with a high level wizard as a partner.

Why?

Because between the lag and the reach of the clockworks, we could not get anything done, because we spent all of our time fighting these wandering monsters.

Case in point: I was standing in a corner turn, waiting for a clockwork to pass me by. Why was I waiting? Because the game lags at the most inappropriate times, and I cannot predict where I will end up up when it ends. So, it is best to wait for them to pass.

Now, remember, I was waiting in the CORNER, somewhere I should not have been touched.

But no, the monster grabs me and take me into a fight.

I'm trying to remember a stupid combination, and fight these stupid cogs at the same time, because I don't dare try and run around them.

I have NEVER run into something that absurd before. I should not have to fight every single wandering monster in the dungeon in order to defeat this.

ESPECIALLY with the horrible lag.
it's katzenstien.

Explorer
Jan 17, 2012
Indeed, it is, Katzenstein.

I have reduced all the graphics down to minimums. It makes almost no difference.

What does seem to make a difference, however, is playing in the wee hours of the morning, when the load on the Wizard101 servers is at a minimum.

None the less, with everything at it's lowest, on a Perfect server at 4AM, with no other players in sight, I get lag just walking around Reagent Square.

That seems rather odd to me.

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
MaxDeGroot wrote:
Indeed, it is, Katzenstein.

I have reduced all the graphics down to minimums. It makes almost no difference.

What does seem to make a difference, however, is playing in the wee hours of the morning, when the load on the Wizard101 servers is at a minimum.

None the less, with everything at it's lowest, on a Perfect server at 4AM, with no other players in sight, I get lag just walking around Reagent Square.

That seems rather odd to me.

Go into your Spellbook, and click the gear (settings). Go to the two balls, and change your realm to an area labeled Normal or Low. Your computer may not be able to handle an area that's full. If that still doesn't work than I guess it's your Graphic Card. If it isn't that then I guess you have a slow computer, like mine. I have a slight lag everyonce in a while because my computer is naturally slow (plus a lot of memory is taken up on mine). To solve this, make sure nothing is open while you are playing, or go to a different computer to play (I try to always play on my mom's computer since I never get the slightest bit of lag even with her email open). If it is none of that, then you internet connection may be bad. It just means the internet signal is weak, so it will be harder for an internet game to play.