Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Silver Chest.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 26, 2008
2
what do you get if you win in the silver chest? Because I unlocked the staff and I didn't get anything. I did it with my level 27 storm wizard.

Survivor
Dec 25, 2008
27
Are these the silver chests where you have to play a game (Shock-a-Lock) to win the prize? Or are these the silver chests that you find in Big Ben? As for the ones in which you play the game, I've never been quite sure if I ever received the treasure or not. On the wood chests, the number of gold or the treasure card floats up in front of your eyes. After I played Shock-A-Lock, I don't remember seeing anything. I'm guessing that I received a treasure card but since I have so many, I'm never quite sure lol. Personally, I just like playing the mini game for the fun of it.

Survivor
Feb 17, 2009
7
If you find a silver chest in Marleybone, don't freak out. These are common in Dragonspyre, but rare in Marleybone. You'll probably win a few gold and a treasure card.

Survivor
Feb 05, 2009
2
I found the silver chest 4 times, played the pipe game, and lost all 4 times. I thought I won the last time, but it says that I lost.

The game is not fun and very difficult to win given the confusing rules and limited time interval. After reading this thread about what other people have won, I've decided just to ingore the silver chests when I see them from now on.

Defender
Feb 18, 2009
186
I would have to agree, they are too hard to win and when you do it's not a good enough prize for the aggravation of it. I have only one twice and both times it was not worth it. I usually just pass these up as well.

Hunter SilverHeart

Survivor
May 08, 2009
2
Lol i won 2 silver chests in 2 minutes and 3 the next day in marylebone They don't come rarly they just dont come frequently they come ocasionally.

Defender
Feb 07, 2009
155
Survivor
Feb 05, 2009
2
My daughter and her friend that was spending the night played the game and encountered at least 2 silver chests. I watched as she clicked nearly every tile but couldn't find one that would connect. Needless to say, they lost the silver chest prizes.

I like playing the sorcerer stones (match 3 in a row and you move ahead) and recommended that. My daughter complained because she read that she was supposed to get a super prize if she found a rare silver chest.

So, I’m submitting feedback here (because there doesn’t seem to be another way to get feedback to Kings Isle – other than cancelling a subscription). Both my daughter and I can’t win the silver chest game; we’d like the prize to be given away or the game to be changed to something more winnable. Maybe our Internet connection is too slow or something, but when it frustrates the person who the game subscription is for (i.e. my daughter), then I am compelled to complain.

We love the game, but King’s Isle gets a young lady’s thumbs down for this mini-game.

Survivor
May 18, 2009
4
I've found half a dozen Silver Chests and the reward seems on par with the simplicity of the game to win the prize. I am disappointed that something that transfers me out of one zone to play a game doesn't offer a bit more difficulty or prize. I will say I won between 40 and 81 gold (81 is the most) as well as one Treasure Card. As far as winning the game, clear away as much of the tiles as you can in about 3 - 4 seconds. You should be able to clear more than half, if not 75% of the tiles and rotating pipes before the egg hatches.

Explorer
Dec 21, 2008
75
LadyofPain wrote:
My daughter and her friend that was spending the night played the game and encountered at least 2 silver chests. I watched as she clicked nearly every tile but couldn't find one that would connect. Needless to say, they lost the silver chest prizes.

I like playing the sorcerer stones (match 3 in a row and you move ahead) and recommended that. My daughter complained because she read that she was supposed to get a super prize if she found a rare silver chest.

So, I’m submitting feedback here (because there doesn’t seem to be another way to get feedback to Kings Isle – other than cancelling a subscription). Both my daughter and I can’t win the silver chest game; we’d like the prize to be given away or the game to be changed to something more winnable. Maybe our Internet connection is too slow or something, but when it frustrates the person who the game subscription is for (i.e. my daughter), then I am compelled to complain.

We love the game, but King’s Isle gets a young lady’s thumbs down for this mini-game.


Then skip them! I, my self, usually win! There's 2 solutions!
1. Skip them.
2. Practice!

Blake LionFlame
LVL 50 Grandmaster Pyromancer

Defender
Aug 01, 2008
101
I've only found a silver chest twice. The first time, I wasn't really sure what was going on and the game was done before I realized it. The second time, I read the rules and carefully but when I went to play the game, it still didn't make much sense and I ended up losing again. If I ever find one again, at least I'll stand a better chance of unlocking it now that I completely understand what is asked of it.

I'm also glad to hear the prize wasn't much. I'd be bummed to find out that I had lost out on something good.

Explorer
Feb 07, 2009
70
I used to be so frustrated by the silver chests, but now I win them nearly every time. I think I've only lost once since figuring out a strategy that works for me. (As an aside, I haven't seen them since Marleybone. Are they in DS and MS?)

Here is how I do it:

For me, the key is to look at where both the inlet and outlet are. Then I quickly click all the squares between them to uncover them. If they are offset by a row or two, click on all of the squares between so that they are all uncovered. (I suppose that this would take too much time if one was on the top row and the other on the bottom, since you would be clicking all the squares, but I have never seen that happen. Usually they are offset by only one or two rows.) Then simply move them around to get them to connect. Understand that if they are uncovered, then clicking on two squares will cause them to change places. If you can't find a piece you need in what you have already uncovered, then click more squares to uncover them until you do find the piece you need. I rarely have to do that, though. Also, try to use the crooked ones nearest the inlet, since they slow down the spark, and if you are placing the last couple squares when the spark starts, that delay might be all you need to finish. Likewise, avoid the skinny ones, since those speed up the spark.

Hope that helps!

Survivor
Dec 16, 2008
29
PeteWhite wrote:
I've only found a silver chest twice. The first time, I wasn't really sure what was going on and the game was done before I realized it. The second time, I read the rules and carefully but when I went to play the game, it still didn't make much sense and I ended up losing again. If I ever find one again, at least I'll stand a better chance of unlocking it now that I completely understand what is asked of it.

I'm also glad to hear the prize wasn't much. I'd be bummed to find out that I had lost out on something good.


Hah that would be horrible but I'd laugh like crazy for how many times I lost. Too many is my count

Survivor
Sep 14, 2008
44
I must say that I win the same amount most times if I win or not, originally I would win treasure cards and gold, but now I am in Dragonspire and the gold is less now in the silver chests than the wooden ones and no cards anymore, what is the point?

Nicholas Soulbreaker lvl 46 death/storm

Defender
Feb 07, 2009
155
PeteWhite wrote:
I've only found a silver chest twice. The first time, I wasn't really sure what was going on and the game was done before I realized it. The second time, I read the rules and carefully but when I went to play the game, it still didn't make much sense and I ended up losing again. If I ever find one again, at least I'll stand a better chance of unlocking it now that I completely understand what is asked of it.

I'm also glad to hear the prize wasn't much. I'd be bummed to find out that I had lost out on something good.


When I won Silver Chests, I got lots of gold and a mutate treasure card.

FYI you can still move while the elcetricity is flowing through the pipes.

Explorer
Apr 17, 2009
78
I would have to agree with the others, I have it down to a science, but the reward is less than appealing. I have found a few that gives you a treasure card, but mostly just give me around 90 gold. Given that I have finished ds, to me they seem rare but the prise is not :(

Defender
Aug 01, 2008
101
I just solved one and I have absolutely no idea what I got. Nothing was displayed.

Defender
Apr 02, 2009
105
First of all, I've got a treasure card and 88 gold from a silver chest. second, heres a tip on the game. Uncover the firt 3 columns and make a straight line. Then uncover the others and make you way to the lock.

Survivor
Mar 28, 2009
39
I agree - I've solved about fifteen silver chest puzzles, and lost about ten, and I've only gotten treasure cards twice, a pixie and a mutate Blaze Beetle. I totally expected something cool each time and was disappointed each time.

However, the last couple of times I lost the game (in Dragonspyre) I noticed that I was awarded gold anyway. What's up with that? Same reward if you win or lose? The Silver Chests need much better rewards, at least rare or higher level treasure cards.

Survivor
Dec 19, 2008
1
Jorehll wrote:
If you find a silver chest in Marleybone, don't freak out. These are common in Dragonspyre, but rare in Marleybone. You'll probably win a few gold and a treasure card.



That is not true I found 7 Silver Cheasts in marlybone in one day



ps. Death Rules

Survivor
Aug 09, 2008
16
As with most of the minigames, this is simply a matter of a little practice. The first time I found one of these chests, even after I had read the instructions, I remember being completely confused when the game started, and not having any idea what I was doing.

By my fourth chest, the game was suddenly absurdly simple, and I won easily. ;)

Just keep it up.

Defender
Jul 01, 2008
143
Sometimes I get really, really close to connecting the two pipes, and then the game ends, it says I have lost, and then it gives me the rewards! Is there something wrong? (I mean I'm getting free rewards o.O) Usually it's around 40-80 Gold, and then a Treasure Card (mostly Mutate cards, once a regular Treasure Card though), even if I don't complete the Shock-a-Lock game.