Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Kessington park is for level 60s!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 19, 2010
does anyone who beat kessington park have this problem: when you get into a duel everything has about 2000
lives and 3 things can join

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
Theres been many posts about kensington and many complaints At least its just a side quest for fun right? Yes i do agree its for level 60's too I stepped foot in there and never wanted to return.............

Survivor
Oct 04, 2009
i never wanted to return to kessington park again i am a lvl 36 life wizard

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
I just did it yesterday on a whim. Lvl 50 storm, lvl 90 fire. It was about as un-fun as you can get compared to Big Ben. A comparison:

Big Ben:
--Boss and minion variety - some are huge like Spike, others are reasonable
--Less running around, more fighting and puzzle solving
--Awesome graphics for the final boss fight - you're inside a massive lit clock tower.
--Potential for some jaw-dropping rewards
--Possible to solo as storm if you tighten your play and optimize your deck

Kensington:
--Marleybone no-sidewalks environment, plus a lot of running around.
--Less puzzle solving and more street fights and nonsense
--Dull, rooftop environment and "same old same old" Marleybone graphics
--Most of the drops are on a par with what you would get for regular street fights in regular Marleybone. Not worth doing if you are above level 50.
--A massive chore and fool's errand to solo this as storm without ridiculous level gap (i.e. going back at level 50-60) and no point to doing it at all above that, except to clear a quest from your queue. Mass prism TC should drop from every dead minion. I'm not kidding.

It's a side quest so I skipped it and came back, but it is one of the few side areas I genuinely wished I had my 1 1/2 hours back. And the level 90 was pretty happy to see the end of it too, since she got absolutely no gain from it.

My recommendations:

--Make the drops reflect the average level of the people actually completing this area.
--A few different schools of magic would be nice
--It's shorter which is a mercy but it's also more linear and doesn't have any replay value at all anymore. Maybe a hidden boss or secret puzzle here and there to give people plenty of reason to come back.

Defender
Nov 01, 2012
That is why me and my friend did it at archmage and promethean. We finished it in forty minutes:D
Was totally useless though.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
I think if the drops reflected a primarily lvl 50-65 applicant pool, it would seem more worth it.

Even drops on a par with celestia miniboss would be a big motivator for people to try.

More importantly, anyone with MB access can theoretically go there, so it needs to be an area that sells well - big risk, big reward, interesting and useful items you can grow into.

Survivor
Jul 26, 2012
its not easy and you have to walk in the middle of the street because all the enemies walk on the sides in a line its absolutely horrid I hatted it and I had to get a level 88 wizard to help me (he died a couple of times had to use a potion and port back) lol

dragonsteel50 level 37

Defender
Dec 27, 2011
I guess it's for level 50's but 60's can work.

Survivor
Apr 23, 2013
well you guys can complain all you want me and 2 others that were with me loved it, i myself did 1 whole battle solo and got like 12 misc. items not to mention 400 coins plus 850 exp just from 1 fight, and all 3 of us were lvl 36 and the whole side-quest took us about 45 mins. to finish, and did not die once. (caleb walker-lvl 36 life wizard)

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
I died once, me and my life friend did it together.
Molly58
Savannah8
Destiny5

Survivor
Jul 01, 2012
I don't think Kessington Park is really for Lv 60 wizards. My Storm wizard beat it either before or when just beginning Mooshu (idk, has been a while). She was about Lv... 35-38 at the time? And she did it solo.
If you're having problems getting through, here are some tips (and very popular ones):
1. You might need better gear
2. Tweak your spell deck. (I.E, throw in prisims/minions/ treasure cards)
3. do side quests, they can help you gain a level or two (Grizzleheim and Wysteria are full of em)
4. if you are not the solo type, friends can help lots if you don't feel like doing any of the above.
5. Since this is a dungeon, make sure you have all potions full.
Hope it helps
(especially from Suri Ravenheart, 52)

Defender
Feb 16, 2010
Kingston park is not for lvl 60's i did it with a friend i was a lvl 49 and he was like around lvl 35 i dont remember but it was easy. i dont know why but it was really easy. we breezed through it so i think its for almost any lvl as long as you have friends ALMOST

-jack skullbreeze master of fire

Survivor
May 12, 2009
jack skullbreeze on Jul 2, 2013 wrote:
Kingston park is not for lvl 60's i did it with a friend i was a lvl 49 and he was like around lvl 35 i dont remember but it was easy. i dont know why but it was really easy. we breezed through it so i think its for almost any lvl as long as you have friends ALMOST

-jack skullbreeze master of fire
well the reason people are saying that is because they mean if you were doing it solo. most likely want to be lvl 60 or higher I've personally completed it just about an hour ago I waited to be lvl 83 to complete it

Survivor
Sep 07, 2010
i solo'd kensington on my myth at lvl 50 with some life henchman, took some time but still was able to finish. I agree its boring and trivial BUT Stoker does have a chance of dropping the super rare clockwork spider, bet those are hardly ever seen (i have been playing since launch and have never seen one), i do plan on farming to stoker one day lol when i have a bunch of time and maybe ill get the my just rewards haha

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
I went in there once, I then was pulled in a battle with several minions with 2000 health. Never went in there again....
-Jasmine FireBlade, level 86 pyromancer.

Survivor
Nov 23, 2011
Kessington park is a little hard, but i wouldn't say it is lvl 60!.. i mean seriously
my friend chelsea is and she did it at lvl 30-35, solo.

PS: KI rules. I it, but it would be better if you could gift with gold from the crown shop. But w101 is awesome enough.

Mastermind
Jun 02, 2013
I've heard of how brutal Keningston park (or whatever) and other side quests in MB are, so I'm careful to stick to the storyline. Because it's quite hard to keep away from baddies, even with patience. So far I haven't done a single MB side quest.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Now that I have mass storm prism, I may just come back and hire out as a mercenary to help people farm Stoker.

Squire
May 10, 2013
PandaBubs101 on Jul 21, 2013 wrote:
Kessington park is a little hard, but i wouldn't say it is lvl 60!.. i mean seriously
my friend chelsea is and she did it at lvl 30-35, solo.

PS: KI rules. I it, but it would be better if you could gift with gold from the crown shop. But w101 is awesome enough.
That is kind of weird. My Level 78 friend did it with me and we died.

Blaze BlueBlade

Mastermind
Feb 06, 2010
It was scary but I manage. I had 3 friends (They were life, balance, and storm and they did all the work but my myth) and they were brutal. The storm got in a 2,000 damage tempest and I was able to wreck all shields and do some minotaurs with some stuns in there. We were all 38's and storm could triton and I could bladed minotaur hard (1,000 damage total from one of them). But our life showed us how to hit hard and fast (He had 1,300 damage seraph for crying out loud!). I think kensington isn't for 60's and I'll see a 48 who comes out with a new badge and at 400 health.but the 2,00 health mobs were annoying but storm blasted them away. At the end I had enough money for the royal estate and got a new house (Yea!). Plus I got a clockwork spider. Everything was good. But seriously level 60's?!