Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

ice quest in marlybone is unfair!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 03, 2008
ok so i am obviously an ice wizard. I was doing the quest where you defeat Nimah the wicked and i am lvl 38 and i cant even kill this banshe! :? So i was wondeing if any ice wiards were also habing this problem. If you have any tips or you have this problem too plz post me a message.

P.S if your wondering no you cant have people help you.

Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
hmm I am not an ice wizard but the life wizards have to beat the same boss nine times. I think we all have hard quests.

Defender
Jun 19, 2009
Avadon wrote:
hmm I am not an ice wizard but the life wizards have to beat the same boss nine times. I think we all have hard quests.

You mean that Nine Lives guy? I remember that. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. Just tedious, to have to do it nine times.

That's the equivalent of losing eight times before getting him on the ninth try, right?

Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
if you think ice in marelybone is unfair then you have to be kidding me! I need help to defeat 2 bosses at the same time for fire! I would really like help so if anyone would like to help meet me in regant's square thursday at 5:00 ET! My name is kevin starfriend and meet in front of thewand shop!
HELP! please

Explorer
Jul 05, 2008
invest in some multi hit gold cards. And use lots of shields. Since you have played her once you know what weapons she uses.

If you have not used all you training points get the tri blade of ice,fire and storm from Niles. At krokosphinx.

With a +30 fire blade and multi hit fire you would be off to a great start.

Change your wand if you have to storm, that would help to. I would invest in a one pip extra wand to. Get someone to take you to mooshu.

Hopethat helps. Paige Pixie Dust Ice LoreMaster

Explorer
Jul 05, 2008
Oh and forogt to add.

I believe she is only one right. Can not remember if she is only one I would invest some storm cards. With a storm wand you could knock any storm shield she uses. So if she is only one you do not need the multi hit card.

Keep shielding your sel and f keep a pixie in the gold cards just in case.

Good luck

(Mods please add this to the post I just sent thanks)

Mastermind
Oct 17, 2008
Level 38? That is the IceBlade quest. That doesn't make sense. That quest is in MooShu, not Marleybone. Have you really been stuck on this quest for that long?

I am a Master Thaumaturge, but I unfortunately cannot remember what that boss even was. I'm sure everyone could give you better tips if you told us your secondary. All I can say is use lots of Ice Wyverns, all boosted with Ice Traps. Knock out the minions first if there are any. If you can use a Blizzard when there are two or more enemies, do it, especially if you have two power pips. These things help me get through quests in Dragonspyre, so I hope they'll help you too.

Survivor
Feb 28, 2009
i think that is unfair but i think that defeating Freddy ninelives is hard and i was a level 28 when i did that and i only had access to hyde park but i set set marks out side so when i got killed i just teleported there and thats the death quest that gives you the mimion card animate

P.S. you have to defeat freedy nine lives nine times and he is death which makes it even harder

Survivor
May 20, 2009
I agree, I'm also having a problem in defeating Nimah and it doesn't help matters that you cannot take any friends with you or teleport any in either.

Survivor
May 09, 2009
revkev wrote:
if you think ice in marelybone is unfair then you have to be kidding me! I need help to defeat 2 bosses at the same time for fire! I would really like help so if anyone would like to help meet me in regant's square thursday at 5:00 ET! My name is kevin starfriend and meet in front of thewand shop!
HELP! please

I'll help you. I have that quest too! But just to make shure, it is the one where you have to get Falmaya's book right? I'm Flint ThunderBlood lv 28.

Survivor
May 17, 2009
wittywiz wrote:
ok so i am obviously an ice wizard. I was doing the quest where you defeat Nimah the wicked and i am lvl 38 and i cant even kill this banshe! :? So i was wondeing if any ice wiards were also habing this problem. If you have any tips or you have this problem too plz post me a message.

P.S if your wondering no you cant have people help you.

OMG, are you serious? I killed her at lvl 28! Yeah, I soloed it. Here's a friendly tip. There will be several times in the battle where you'll have to heal so do a pattern sort of like heal, attack, heal, attack, and so on. Worked for me. :-D

Survivor
May 17, 2009
Oh btw you can have people help you. I just soloed it because i was feeling brave at the moment lol. I know there was sigils i remember it.

Survivor
Jan 24, 2009
Whenmy ice had to do it, I held on until I had really low health, then i healed, before healing I set up a bunch of storm traps and used the elemenatl blades, and whenever she casted a storm shield I used a steal ward, after I used a Kraken and killed her with one hit , also if you can get the hex shoes( I bought them when you could ) that would really help with the traps. If you're not part storm then buy a few from the library in Krokotopia and maybe a few heals wouldn't hurt either.
Hope I helped!
Jordan Angelgem: level 50 life
Jordan Icesword: level 30 ice

Survivor
Jun 09, 2009
I had that problem too. It's because I didn't sort out my deck that well. So when you're battling her use ice armor. I had to save a lot of pips so I can make it stronger. Attack the minion first then the boss or you could use spells that hit all enemies. I was lvl 32 when I finally defeated nimah.
Good Luck :-D

Survivor
Oct 03, 2008
thanks guys! you really helped. i have been stuck on this for ever! i am in mooshu but still have to do this. i am not the best player but i am pretty good. o and who ever said you can have people help you i want to know how. does the person have to be an ice wizrard too or something? ill try out all of your tips thank again.

P.S i really dont know my second school. how do you find out because i think it might be balance.

Survivor
May 03, 2009
I am balance and i would really like help with my boss I have to beat two bosses at same time I need someone else who needs to get it too to come to regent's square and meet me there. contact me any way you can but I probably won't be on this forum again. I put it to notify when a reply is posted so i'll try and keep a lookout.

Survivor
Dec 24, 2008
I know it's been a while since some one posted here so let me be the one to fill the gap. i think all school's have to fight a boss who must be killed nine times thats how it was for my death now lvl 34. but freddy was kinda easy at the time i was lvl 28 or 27 and i just kept using skeletal pirate which is a death card because with storm as my secondary i didn't have krkaen yet (lack of training points) but i think ice has it really hard because death has a lot of boost cards i mean a lot, and i'v only seen two types of ice boost cards so... all i can realy say is good luck and i'm sure by now you've beaten him :-)

Cameron Deathblade Magus necromancer

Survivor
Dec 11, 2008
I really had i hard time with the MB balance quest (the one to get judgement)
and i had to fight some one with 1,900 and some one with 1,300 health with my only good attacks being spectral blast and locust swarm :-(

Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
revkev wrote:
HELP! please
it was pretty tough defeating clanker the first time and pot belly but i got with one try ending wiht 5 lifeand 0 mana

Survivor
Mar 09, 2009
non8er wrote:
I really had i hard time with the MB balance quest (the one to get judgement)
and i had to fight some one with 1,900 and some one with 1,300 health with my only good attacks being spectral blast and locust swarm :-(
i know that is really hard I still can't beat it and I'm level 32... :-(

Delver
May 29, 2009
Whatever school you spent your training points on is your second school. If you went to various schools to get spells then you don't really have a set secondary school. Some people opt to spend their training points on a second and even a third school. I did that with my balance character. I solo the game a lot I chose Storm to help me with strong attack spells. Since I also help out other wizards, I chose Life as well so I can help heal others when I am in battle.

Alura Hexcaster Master Sorceress

Survivor
Oct 01, 2009
Can someone tell me where can locate Nimah the Wicked? The waypoint takes me as far as the train station and that is it..
Not sure how to purchase train ticket yet either. My thought is not far along in one the quest lines to get it..

Survivor
Jun 22, 2009
i did it at lvl 28 no prob the thing is use blizzard once and if you cant use strong attacks use wand never pass i only needed one pixie

Survivor
May 26, 2009
the ice quest in marleybone is unfair i am stuck on it as well

Defender
Mar 05, 2009
Nimah's definitely a tough one, she took me five or six tries before I finally beat her. Don't give up, just keep trying. Learn what spells she uses and tweak your deck to fight her. I remember needing a spell I didn't use very often - Steal Ward, I think it was, to steal her shields to protect myself. Go through your cards, if one card combo doesn't work switch your deck around and try something different.