I get trying to make it harder to avoid creatures, but I have had it up to here with being puled into battles. Yeah, oops, I got pulled into a battle. One minute later, the enemy is dead. Or, at least, that's what is supposed to happen.
I keep getting pulled into battles against my will despite my hardest efforts to AVOID such encounters. Then about three other creatures join the fight, and I die unless I have three friends with me to help.
I understand that you must make it harder, but must it be like this? I mean, in Krokotopia you could easily avoid monsters. Even in Dragonspyre, the hardest place, it has sidewalks! When you are on a quest, especially on your way to defeat a boss, you DON'T want a bunch of monsters draining your health and TIME along your way!
How many others feel like this? And how many others want something done about it?
You won't have more than two enemies in the main (non instance) areas of Krokotopia, unless other wizards join.
In most places, you can't always jet down the edges and never get pulled in. Enemies will sometimes cut corners, and of course there are crossroads that enemies can walk across your path. You have to use some strategy:
1) Don't look for the enemies' bodies, as some are very hard to see. Look for the name tags over their heads. If you don't see name tags, turn on "Overhead Names" in Options.
2) Sometimes you'll have to stop and wait a few seconds until the area in front of you clears out, before proceeding.
3) Don't head down the middle, even though you don't see anything there. Enemies will materialize out of thin air as needed to replace others, and that might catch you. Always stay on the edges.
i follow all of those, yet i still get pulled. i take a step, wait to make sure nothing is there, then take like five more steps. then i pause, look around, then take five more steps, following all of those guidelines. yet i still get pulled in?
My advice would be to wait until everything is gone until going on the plants connecting the rooftops. Most of the "getting sucked in" happens there, because the planks are thinner and more narrow than the rooftops themselves.
This was already covered, but the only time any more than two creatures will come into a battle when you are in the battle by yourself, is if you are in Kensington Park. (If even, i dont really remember :? )
I just cling to the side the entire time. I've never been pulled in. I don't know... And, it may be just me, but I recommend not stopping every few steps. Sure, it seems logical, but it could also be bad when monsters pop up right near you, and you're too busy checking to see if you're safe or not. Personally, I just bolt for it.
1) Just try using a mount to help avoid them and look for their names above their heads.
2) Fill at LEAST 2 potions (If you have them) Then have FULL mana and Health with those potions and when you get to the boss Mark the place before you go in. Use the "Mark this area" thingy. Then go inside, if you die just use a potion, go to the marked area, mark it AGAIN and repeat the steps after filling potions.
3) Bring friends! They're a great help, you can teleport to them. It helps so if you die in a battle you can stop, use a potion, and port back! Simple as that. ^^
4) If you have difficulties with health, find a nice life wizard who's willing to help. They should be able to heal you right up.