Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How Marleybone is to London.

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 20, 2008
Hey guys!

Welcome to my topic its going to be about what you think is awesome about how Marleybone relates to London. You can also say what you think of the two! The similarities and the differences.

POST! :D

Explorer
May 10, 2009
Defender
Apr 25, 2009
Moriarty and Meowiarty

Big Ben

Frankenstein and Katzenstein

Dr. Watson and Watson

Jared's and Jared's Jewlers (this joke made me laugh so hard. "Oh, you went to Jared's!)

Ford Model T and Model MB

221 Baker Street and 221 Barker Street

Westminster Abby and Wolfminster Abby

Buckingham Palace and Barkingham Palace

Scotland Yard and Scotland Yard

That's all I've been able to find so far. It's quite fun trying to find all of the references in Marlybone.

Survivor
Mar 20, 2009
Blazian wrote:
Moriarty and Meowiarty

Big Ben

Dr. Watson and Watson

Jared's and Jared's Jewlers (this joke made me laugh so hard. "Oh, you went to Jared's!)

That's all I've been able to find so far. It's quite fun trying to find all of the references in Marlybone.

"o you went to jareds" lol i was only able to recognize about half of those thingd. good job!

Explorer
Dec 20, 2008
Blazian wrote:
Moriarty and Meowiarty

Big Ben

Dr. Watson and Watson

Yea there are a million similarities!

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2009
laverimaggio wrote:
Blazian wrote:
Moriarty and Meowiarty

Big Ben

Dr. Watson and Watson

"o you went to jareds" lol i was only able to recognize about half of those thingd. good job!

Lol that pun made me laugh so hard, i actually didn't notice untill she said "You went to jared's!"

Defender
Apr 28, 2009
okay.....
hyde park (is a real place)
big ben
model T and model MB
sherlock holmes stuff
the gearheads are apparently from the steampunk era. which is around the early 1900's. (BTW my uncle dressed up as steampunk iron man for halloween last year.)
sherlock has a violin in his house.
the bigger o'learys resemble victorian era bullies.
accents.
the london eye.................. I WISH!!!! (PS the london eye is the biggest ferris wheel in the world. i was lucky enough to ride.... when i was 5. *secretly buys plane tickets to london*)
buckingham and barkingham.

Survivor
Oct 10, 2008
Big Ben

The Cars

The way everybody talks

That little tea shop in reagents court

Survivor
Feb 22, 2009
Blazian wrote:
Moriarty and Meowiarty

Big Ben

Dr. Watson and Watson

i noticed 4/10 of the ones you noticed

Defender
Mar 08, 2009
peachtheferret wrote:
okay.....
hyde park (is a real place)
big ben
model T and model MB
sherlock holmes stuff
the gearheads are apparently from the steampunk era. which is around the early 1900's. (BTW my uncle dressed up as steampunk iron man for halloween last year.)
sherlock has a violin in his house.
the bigger o'learys resemble victorian era bullies.
accents.
the london eye.................. I WISH!!!! (PS the london eye is the biggest ferris wheel in the world. i was lucky enough to ride.... when i was 5. *secretly buys plane tickets to london*)
buckingham and barkingham.

This may be a little of topic but just so you know the London eye is currently the third tallest ferris wheel( and soon to be the forth tallest). The current tallest is the Great Dubai Wheel Followed by the Singapore Flyer. Now back on subject. My favorite difference was probably Sherlock Bones or BARKingham palace. Marleybone is my favorite world because of all the relationships with London( although i have never been there or lived there I still know some of the famous things from there)

Survivor
Aug 08, 2009
Marleybone itself is a play on Marleyborne which is a street in London.

Survivor
Aug 30, 2009
rakarnsunju wrote:
Marleybone itself is a play on Marleyborne which is a street in London.

Being a born and raised Londoner - I have to disagree. Marleybone is a play on letters for Marylebone, which is a town within the city of London. I have just started playing Marleybone and love it so far! i will start posting when I see more, but I was born in Kensington, and one of the areas I see has the name Kensington Park (there really is one, I used to play in it as a child) and many many more similarities.

Fun fun fun :-) :-) :-) :-)