Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Frustrated in Marley Bone

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 19, 2010
I have enjoyed Wizards 101 up to the point of Marley Bone it seems as if the enemies ALL of them have such an unfair advantage...they get high power points from out of nowhere and a unending supply of + 35 shields and all shields as a matter of fact....they very frequently are able to use spells only I can use with only 3 power pips and they only have 1. I have been really good at defeating enemies up until this point and now I feel there is no point in fighting them....what's the point of playing if you can get defeated so easily it's frustrating. I am a solo fighter and I have made it to level 29 in less then a week I don't know anyone and most of the players seems to be kids it would be nice to team up with some adults. I am sorry if I sound like I am complaining I am not trying to come across this way I am just frustrated and venting. If there are other adults out there that want to team up then you can find me in game, even though I am frustrated atm I will probably be in Marley Bone whooping booty...I don't give up easy.
-Chelsea TitanWhisper

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
Chas29 wrote:
I have enjoyed Wizards 101 up to the point of Marley Bone it seems as if the enemies ALL of them have such an unfair advantage...they get high power points from out of nowhere and a unending supply of + 35 shields and all shields as a matter of fact....they very frequently are able to use spells only I can use with only 3 power pips and they only have 1. I have been really good at defeating enemies up until this point and now I feel there is no point in fighting them....what's the point of playing if you can get defeated so easily it's frustrating. I am a solo fighter and I have made it to level 29 in less then a week I don't know anyone and most of the players seems to be kids it would be nice to team up with some adults. I am sorry if I sound like I am complaining I am not trying to come across this way I am just frustrated and venting. I have bought a month suscription to see if I will buy a year and if something isn't done to better Marley Bone then I am not going to buy more. If there are other adults out there that want to team up then you can find me in game, even though I am frustrated atm I will probably be in Marley Bone whooping booty...I don't give up easy.
-Chelsea TitanWhisper

It gets easier past Marleybone. For all players, marleybone seems most worthless to do, but in the end, it ends up to have been good practice. It really is just kicking butt until you get out of there.

Marleybone is hard to solo IF you don't have that much life or just plain armor. But I have found that the best way out of Marleybone is sticking to the storyline. It gets tough easily when you are doing sidequests because there are just so many of them. But once you get out of there, sidequests will be easier to do in Marleybone.

But the best thing about Marleybone is that you CAN get help. I know it is long and seems very, VERY worthless to do, but new features (such as mounts) really seem to be helping.

So far I have had two characters busting through Marleybone. My first had a hard time because she did sidequests without much knowledge. But for my second, she got out in about a week of playing!

Dragonspyre is much, much worse. Hours of crazy long dungeons are there just to get little XP. But Mooshu is very easy! I actually got through it on my second character in about 4 days! :-D

You just have to keep grinding and dont give up ;)

Kestrel Ghostwalker~lvl 50 Grandmaster Sorcerer
Keena Firefountain~ lvl 45 Master Pyromancer

Explorer
Jan 19, 2010
Thank you for replying I have learned a lot since I posted this thread. Rushing through it before I am not ready is not good I have slowed down and accepted a lot of quests that tell you to go beat 8 for a watch or some other stuff it's building up my life points and therefor making it even to actually beat them I just got done doing the dungeon before Newgate on my own so I am making alot of progress...

Survivor
Jun 21, 2009
I am still in Mayleybone and Its frusturating because i am trying to find quests in Marleybone but i cant my friends say that its because my friend took me to defeat Malistair and all quests stopped so i dont know where to find quests i am supposed to be in Mooshu by now. Can you tell me if its true that its cause i defeat Malistair too early that all my quests stopped please reply i cant do anything on wizard101 because of this and i have to find side quests in different worlds.

Please reply back,
Your Wizard101 Player,

Haley Dawnbreaker

P.S Sorry if I am sounding like I am complaining but this is just frusturating.

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
cristinaacle1329 wrote:
I am still in Mayleybone and Its frusturating because i am trying to find quests in Marleybone but i cant my friends say that its because my friend took me to defeat Malistair and all quests stopped so i dont know where to find quests i am supposed to be in Mooshu by now. Can you tell me if its true that its cause i defeat Malistair too early that all my quests stopped please reply i cant do anything on wizard101 because of this and i have to find side quests in different worlds.

Please reply back,
Your Wizard101 Player,

Haley Dawnbreaker

Your friend does not know what they are talking about. In marleybone, to get certain quests, you have to be a certain lvl. Although, you probably shouldnt of defeated Malistaire too soon (just takes away the fun and surprise when its your turn), it has nothing to do with it.

Explorer
Jan 19, 2010

Please reply back,
Your Wizard101 Player,

Haley Dawnbreaker

I had some trouble finding quests when I first got to Marley Bone as well. I looked for a while and I found someone in the station with one and that lead to others It was the detective named Sherlock Bones. I don't think that if you defeat Malistare ( I have no idea how to spell his name) that quests stop that makes no sense but I don't know that for a fact. I understand your frustration and no one seems to be to helpful yesterday I made it to Katzenteins's Lab or whatever and made it to the end then it reset it's self so now I have to do it all over again . Did you finish defeating Krocopatra in Krocotopia? That's what gets you to Marley Bone. If you can't find quests and you have done that I would email support and ask them. Good luck!
-Chelsea TitanWhisper Level 31 Balance.

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
Another good thing about marleybone is that i noticed that the marleybone bosses are the only bosses that drop clothing that has a nice symbol and give 4 stats.