Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Crafting in Marleybone Oh my :(

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 06, 2009
120
OK SO i finially made it to marleybone for crafting. I talk to the girl and she seems right and to the point, make me 5 stinger of the scorpion (8 1/2 hour cooldown) and 5 constelation jewl (9 hour cooldown). I am not going to comment on the parts required but OH MY this is just silly for the duration of the cooldowns and the amount of them I need to make (I have 2 crafting timers at this point). IF i had all of the parts, and IF i could do them back to back non stop it would take around 44 hours. So does anyone else think that this is just silly? I mean what you can craft is really not that good, cards I can only make my school, oh wow I can make funiture. /sigh really a bummed wizard.

Survivor
May 30, 2009
1
steveheffner wrote:
OK SO i finially made it to marleybone for crafting. I talk to the girl and she seems right and to the point, make me 5 stinger of the scorpion (8 1/2 hour cooldown) and 5 constelation jewl (9 hour cooldown). I am not going to comment on the parts required but OH MY this is just silly for the duration of the cooldowns and the amount of them I need to make (I have 2 crafting timers at this point). IF i had all of the parts, and IF i could do them back to back non stop it would take around 44 hours. So does anyone else think that this is just silly? I mean what you can craft is really not that good, cards I can only make my school, oh wow I can make funiture. /sigh really a bummed wizard.



Your right, plus there is not really anything worth crafting. I can't even find out where to find the scrap iron!

Explorer
May 22, 2008
76
Well normally, you would encounter the Marleybone crafting quest as you quest throughout the world. But since you seem to have already comepleted Marleybone, it may seem kind of out of wack to you.

Survivor
Jun 05, 2009
3
Of course the 44 hours needed to just craft the items does not even take into account the endless hours spent acquiring the material. With a respawn rate of about 20 minutes for material items plus the time running around collecting them..you have spent days if not weeks making just one zone's worth of crafted items in order to proceed to the next level.

I love the idea of being able to craft items. having a skill other than firing off some spell at a monster makes the game more just casting and moving on. However, the reagents are too difficult to get currently and I am going back to leveling my toons and seeing the world. Maybe after others have spent time gathering all they need and sell their extras to the Bazaar we can just purchase all the materials and move on with our crafting.

Survivor
May 27, 2009
7
Im in the same boat. Seriously is the gear that awsome that i should be spending this much time on making this stuff? Buying the reagents is expensive as well.

Survivor
May 24, 2009
5
I agree with you. The items that are "Craftable" are really not worth it, but as I said in another thread, you don't have to craft. I am seriously hoping for a few very unique items that only a crafter can get. That would make it worth while. Possibly. And another change they should consider is letting us craft other school treasure cards. Its difficult enough, but that would bump up the fun factor a bit.
Thanks.

Christina
Christina Moonsong

Hero
May 27, 2009
757
Crafting is definitely NOT for anyone in a hurry. If you play in morning and afternoon, however, as I do, you can just get your creations out of the way and then go out and search for ingredients or do other quests or whatever. It is a rare wizard who has NOTHING else to do but craft. Many ingredients are obtained through battle, so try for some of those. Crafting is intended as an addition to the gameplay, not a must. I think it's pretty cool, myself, except I would like to be able to craft whichever school's treasure cards I wanted. Maybe Master Artisans will be granted that ability, who knows?

Defender
May 06, 2009
120
Quantize wrote:
Well normally, you would encounter the Marleybone crafting quest as you quest throughout the world. But since you seem to have already comepleted Marleybone, it may seem kind of out of wack to you.


While I was doing krokatopia crafting I was in marleybone gathering and gathering as much as I could. I only managed to get around 20 scrap iron in my time there (not enough need 80 for the quests). So again I would say it is really borked. I personally think KI should do all of the quests fairly similar just reduce the quantities to 3 of each instead of 5 of each item to craft (like wc, and krokatopia atleast they heard the testers response on those 2 worlds), and OH MY reduce that cooldown period to something reasonable at least for quest items.

Although I guess I can't complain about the durations it isn't like I have the parts anyways to make a difference. /sigh

Survivor
Mar 22, 2009
8
SweetCJ wrote:
I agree with you. The items that are "Craftable" are really not worth it, but as I said in another thread, you don't have to craft. I am seriously hoping for a few very unique items that only a crafter can get. That would make it worth while. Possibly. And another change they should consider is letting us craft other school treasure cards. Its difficult enough, but that would bump up the fun factor a bit.


I agree entirely, both about the items and especially the spells. What's the point of making treasure cards of your own spells since you already have them available in your deck?

From a marketing standpoint, exposure to other school spells might encourage players to develop additional characters, thereby extending their game time and interest.

Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
14
What you must remember is crafting in this game is rather new. Other games I have played that have had crafting did not have good items to craft either, until later on down the line.

If you like crafting keep plugging away. Things will change with it. Already they have changed the spawn rate on some reagents other changes will come don't worry.

I for one love crafting in games. Also remeber that when the crafting starts out most of the stuff is not that good but a lot of times you need it to make other craftable items. The gear I have seen that you can make is not as good as crown gear, but it is better then most drops.

Survivor
Oct 19, 2008
21
Survivor
Feb 04, 2009
2
steveheffner wrote:
OK SO i finially made it to marleybone for crafting. I talk to the girl and she seems right and to the point, make me 5 stinger of the scorpion (8 1/2 hour cooldown) and 5 constelation jewl (9 hour cooldown). I am not going to comment on the parts required but OH MY this is just silly for the duration of the cooldowns and the amount of them I need to make (I have 2 crafting timers at this point). IF i had all of the parts, and IF i could do them back to back non stop it would take around 44 hours. So does anyone else think that this is just silly? I mean what you can craft is really not that good, cards I can only make my school, oh wow I can make funiture. /sigh really a bummed wizard.



You was talking about the Crafting. Well if you have the stuff to like craft two items at a time and can stay for the cool down time for that two. Then when you craft the other two (providing you have four to do) then you can go to where you need to turn them in. That was you wont have to wait for the cool down time on the second set of items.........Hunter