Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

counterweight rooms missing

AuthorMessage
Defender
Feb 09, 2009
i just got my myth guy up to the counterweight east and all the floors are gone. there are no fighting to get to Gus, WOW! i liked fighting in those towers, now there is no challenge. is that what is going to happen to the rest of the spiral? i use to help in there to pick up items and gold, but now its all gone. please bring them back. or at least give the option for easy or normal fighting.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
greco55 wrote:
i just got my myth guy up to the counterweight east and all the floors are gone. there are no fighting to get to Gus, WOW! i liked fighting in those towers, now there is no challenge. is that what is going to happen to the rest of the spiral? i use to help in there to pick up items and gold, but now its all gone. please bring them back. or at least give the option for easy or normal fighting.

These floors were removed recently as many players didn't want to have a challenge, but to quickly 'beat the game'.

Defender
Feb 09, 2009
MikeStrath wrote:
greco55 wrote:

These floors were removed recently as many players didn't want to have a challenge, but to quickly 'beat the game'.

that is quite sad, i enjoy this game because of the challenge. now i understand KI is making DS easier, probably for the same reason i bet. then i guess they need two versions, easy and normal, maybe even a third version, hard, for those grandmasters that have nothing to do, lol

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
The problem was that you went from one long dungeon in Katzenstein's Lab, to another long dungeon in Counterwest East, to another long dungeon in Counterweight West, to an even longer dungeon in Big Ben in order to finish Marleybone.

I'm sorry, but that is too much. Not everyone has the free time to tackle back to back dungeons like that. It's annoying to spend so much time doing those in succession with little advancement or rewards for the days efforts.

Defender
Feb 09, 2009
ok lets make it easier, lower the stats of all critters by half, increase drops, shorten all instances and allow ports to all towers in ds. when you have to talk to father drake, just make it that, go into the tower and talk to father drake. select a spell and you don't aim, it will automatically hit the critters, if you select a blade or shield it will go on you. health when selected will be put on the person in the group that needs it.
when the quest is done, the person appears at the turn in point and after turning in, they go to the next quest, as a group. the only walking/riding they will do is go through a door.
how boring.

Survivor
Jul 07, 2009
greco55 wrote:
ok lets make it easier, lower the stats of all critters by half, increase drops, shorten all instances and allow ports to all towers in ds. when you have to talk to father drake, just make it that, go into the tower and talk to father drake. select a spell and you don't aim, it will automatically hit the critters, if you select a blade or shield it will go on you. health when selected will be put on the person in the group that needs it.
when the quest is done, the person appears at the turn in point and after turning in, they go to the next quest, as a group. the only walking/riding they will do is go through a door.
how boring.

Ah...see...now you're thinking. That way everybody'll get their money's worth. Even better, how bout we have Malistaire just wait for everybody in the commons. We could all float around making up cuss words while we wait our turn to beat him with an Imp.

Defender
Feb 09, 2009
anyway, i wish they would bring it back, the towers the way they were. is the 50 tower in jeopardy of becoming easy? is celestia going to be easier than gh?
if it gets easier to finish, where is the excitement of achievement and/or of accomplishment.
i've been fighting snowcrusher with my friend, trying to get her 50 stuff for her players, she gets 50 stuff, but for other schools. let's make that easier, the first time someone fights him, they get their 50 stuff. and malistaire, when people fight him, give them their school robe, so they don't have to do it again. game finished, easy, why play anymore it is too easy.
wizard 101 is a challenging game, much like chess, you need to decide what spells to attack with and what spells to use to defend. a wrong choice and you are in the commons getting mana and health. i love the challenge. bring it back, PLEASE! or give me the option to choose to a challenge play or an easy play(this choice being the default)

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Deborahloi wrote:
greco55 wrote:
how boring.

Ah...see...now you're thinking. That way everybody'll get their money's worth. Even better, how bout we have Malistaire just wait for everybody in the commons. We could all float around making up cuss words while we wait our turn to beat him with an Imp.

That is sooooooo funny! ROFLMAO....

Survivor
May 18, 2010
If you really want to fix it just make it so you have to do all the quest alone and have to Crown up big time to accomplish that.

Delver
Jun 09, 2010
weaver250 wrote:
If you really want to fix it just make it so you have to do all the quest alone and have to Crown up big time to accomplish that.

Suggestion, keep the easy stuff and make them the Mandontory quests, those that want to fight hard stuff should have it but don't make it mandontory to progress in the game. The hard stuff should have more drops and better experience points. Do it like that and I think it will even out. This way they don't have to segregate and have to make seperate versions of the game. Just have one version but include stuff that is hard but not mandantory.

Survivor
Jan 30, 2010
yeah, that happened with me and my friend we wanted to farm malistaire

Delver
Jun 09, 2010
Sparkleglitter101 wrote:
yeah, that happened with me and my friend we wanted to farm malistaire

Personally the towers are still a bit difficult. The creatures you fight at the end of the dungeon take up a lot of time because the minions regenerate unlike the other dungeons this makes it a bit more difficult. So I think they did right by shortening the dungeons. You didn't do this many in krocotopica. So I feel that justifably that they did right by shortening them. If you want a challenge you should tackle the side dungeons that take three hours to complete. Perhaps this is why they have a three hour one.