Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Anyone has a good way to stay out of battles?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 07, 2013
I have just started Marleybone in fact i am in Chelsea Court and one annoying thing is that there is no sidewalks which means constantly getting into battles, i get marking your location is one thing but whenever you are on your way to fight a boss in an area of the street you have never been to your health gets drained before you even get there. Now that I realized that my sentence is very long here comes the final question.... Is there a trick to stay out of battles in Marleybone? Thanks.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Deathwiz73 on Dec 4, 2013 wrote:
I have just started Marleybone in fact i am in Chelsea Court and one annoying thing is that there is no sidewalks which means constantly getting into battles, i get marking your location is one thing but whenever you are on your way to fight a boss in an area of the street you have never been to your health gets drained before you even get there. Now that I realized that my sentence is very long here comes the final question.... Is there a trick to stay out of battles in Marleybone? Thanks.

There are no sidewalks because you are on the rooftops. So you have the grates with the planks on the sides of them.

A few things I learned to avoid being pulled into battles:

- don't use a mount. It takes a little longer to walk around, but until I got to know the "patterns" for how the mobs walk, I stay off of my mount.

- never walk on a plank/grate if there is one of the mobs nearby. I wait at the top or bottom of the plank for the mob to pass me, and then I walk onto the plank.

- slow down and watch for the "pattern" of how the mobs are walking. I notice a few of them go by, and then there is a break in their pattern, and that is when it is pretty safe to walk.

- never try to walk "in front" of the mobs. Stay behind them. They can't see you back there. But don't get "too close" and at the same time, keep an eye out for one of them sneaking up behind you. I think it was the "burglars" who seem to walk a lot faster than the other guys.

- make use of the "teleport stones". Whenever I first enter a new area, the first thing that I do is to find and activate each teleport stone in that area. It saves a lot of time in the long run, and it avoids meeting a lot of mobs on the rooftops.

This link to one of the fansites gives all of the information about locations of teleport stones. You can click on the highlighted items/areas for more details:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Basic:Teleport_Stones

Marleybone is a long area. Just relax, and enjoy.

Survivor
Jun 29, 2012

stay be the wall

Explorer
Oct 26, 2012
Tip one: Stay to the sides of the rooftops Tip 2: do NOT EVER use mounts it takes longer but its worth it Tip 3: Do not go on the grates it there is mobs there Tip 4: Activate teleport stones first thing Good Luck Scarlet Rose level 50

Defender
Mar 30, 2010
The cat mounts are fantastic for turning and staying out of the way of these things. I HATE marleybone questing simply due to the fact that is so easy to get pulled into a fight you don't want to do. I've found with this world if you stay flush to the side and completely against the wall or edge as far as you can be they won't jump you. It's also helpful to let them pass in front of you and walk slowly behind them

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Just watch out for corners. They're murder.

Survivor
Nov 08, 2013
Hey guys.i will be telling you tips to avoid battles in MB. First of all when you move around move on the wood. If they are too close to you when you are walking on the wood you will get into battle.Then watch their pace.For example,the o'learly burgulars are the hardest since sometimes they walk and sometimes they run and also the clockwork golem.These are all my tips.Feel free to post your own ideas.

Cody Skullcrusher LVL 40

- In and out

Survivor
Nov 08, 2013
Cody SkullCrusher on Feb 8, 2014 wrote:
Hey guys.i will be telling you tips to avoid battles in MB. First of all when you move around move on the wood. If they are too close to you when you are walking on the wood you will get into battle.Then watch their pace.For example,the o'learly burgulars are the hardest since sometimes they walk and sometimes they run and also the clockwork golem.These are all my tips.Feel free to post your own ideas.

Cody Skullcrusher LVL 40

- In and out
Oh BTW here is the link:

www.wizard101.com/forum/ravenwood-commons/what-is-your-favorite-boss-to-farm-for-pet-snacks-8ad6a414440156d60144133da3ef14bd?reset=1

Cody Skullcrusher LVL 44

-In and out

Survivor
Jan 26, 2014
When you are in a battle, push esc then quit and then go back to your character then quickly find a safe place.
you will be in the place as you were.

Warning: Do not do in dungeons

Delver
Apr 21, 2012

Even if there are no sidewalks, stick to the edges.