Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

10 story warehouse

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 15, 2011
31
i want to know why this warehouse is not considered a dungeon, why you cant have anyone port to you to help out, and...

why after reaching the top of the tower, the bad guys get 2 or 3 turns before you get 1 turn, why it skips your turn after each of their spells, and why if you heal yourself, all of their life is restored instantly...!?!?!?!?!?

i just wasted over 1500 crowns trying to do this tower, and needless to say i am extremely irate about this!!!

now i have no more crowns to help with henchmen, my friends are not allowed to port to me, so this game is becoming a nuisance and i am beginning to believe i wasted my time and money on a game that is this stressful and pointless.

and why is it that you get to level 60, that is it...no more leveling up or worlds or quests that mean anything. and why bother decorating your house when you can only put so many things in it...another waste of money to buy homes when you cant buy things to put in it

if you are going to charge people to play this then you should not have a cap on leveling up or on quests or spells


Armiger
Mar 18, 2009
2381
stormspyer wrote:
i want to know why this warehouse is not considered a dungeon, why you cant have anyone port to you to help out, and...

now i have no more crowns to help with henchmen, my friends are not allowed to port to me, so this game is becoming a nuisance and i am beginning to believe i wasted my time and money on a game that is this stressful and pointless.



It is a dungeon, but porting has been disabled to increase difficulty and force wizards to work together from the start through the end. Yes, wizards not a bunch of henchmen. The dungeon was designed for four real human wizards. Very few can solo it. Finally, this dungeon is an optional dungeon and the difficulty was specifically designed to give wizards a huge challenge, since the main quest dungeons are so easy. If you get this frustrated over the warehouse, I would hate to see your reaction to the Waterworks. Stick to the easier main quests dungeons if these are so stressful.

stormspyer wrote:
why after reaching the top of the tower, the bad guys get 2 or 3 turns before you get 1 turn, why it skips your turn after each of their spells, and why if you heal yourself, all of their life is restored instantly...!?!?!?!?!?

i just wasted over 1500 crowns trying to do this tower, and needless to say i am extremely irate about this!!!


Yes, this is a cheating dungeon. Wizard101 has very few of them, but they are designed to work like that. The trick is to figure out how to beat their cheating. All the bosses have a strategy to success. Henchmen never work in cheating boss dungeons, because you can't control them and will always mess up the fight and cause the boss to cheat.

stormspyer wrote:
and why is it that you get to level 60, that is it...no more leveling up or worlds or quests that mean anything. and why bother decorating your house when you can only put so many things in it...another waste of money to buy homes when you cant buy things to put in it

if you are going to charge people to play this then you should not have a cap on leveling up or on quests or spells


This part of your post can only be frustration talking. Infinite levels, quests and spells is impossible. Not a single game can do that, because a computer programmer has to make each and every one of those. Levels, quests, and spells become available as they make them. Also, you can put at least 250 things in your home (inside and out). There has to be a cap on furniture to prevent players from filling up the game servers (with your game saved data, like a PS3 or Xbox). There are also numerous things to buy at the bazaar and street merchants that can be placed in your home.

Survivor
Mar 15, 2011
31
so what you all are telling me is that unless i know someone that is a storm school player, i cannot have anybody help me in the tower, because it will not let anyone that doesnt have that quest in it. they cant port or go in unless they are from the storm school, because the storm teacher gave the quest out,

and you are telling me that after i reach level 60, i can cancel my subscription, because my money will not get me any further in the game and i dont need to spend money on a game that has no more goals, right???

if i had known this, i may not have started the subscription

the game is becoming less enjoyable now that i know that after i hit level 60, that is the end of the game.

and what is the point of celestia if you cant get there til level 58....doesnt leave a lot of room to move up

Armiger
Mar 18, 2009
2381
stormspyer wrote:
so what you all are telling me is that unless i know someone that is a storm school player, i cannot have anybody help me in the tower, because it will not let anyone that doesnt have that quest in it. they cant port or go in unless they are from the storm school, because the storm teacher gave the quest out


I'm not sure where you got that information, but it is incorrect. You don't have to have a storm player to do the warehouse. Storm players cannot port to you either. No wizards at all can port to you. You SHOULD team up with real, human controlled players with you through the front door.

stormspyer wrote:
and you are telling me that after i reach level 60, i can cancel my subscription, because my money will not get me any further in the game and i dont need to spend money on a game that has no more goals, right???

if i had known this, i may not have started the subscription

the game is becoming less enjoyable now that i know that after i hit level 60, that is the end of the game.


If your only goal is to get to level 60, then yes. However, Wizard101 has tons of other things besides just leveling. Pets, Gardening, crafting, PvP, Housing, etc.

stormspyer wrote:
and what is the point of celestia if you cant get there til level 58....doesnt leave a lot of room to move up


You can go to Celestia at level 48.

Defender
Aug 06, 2010
174
stormspyer wrote:
so what you all are telling me is that unless i know someone that is a storm school player, i cannot have anybody help me in the tower, because it will not let anyone that doesnt have that quest in it. they cant port or go in unless they are from the storm school, because the storm teacher gave the quest out,

and you are telling me that after i reach level 60, i can cancel my subscription, because my money will not get me any further in the game and i dont need to spend money on a game that has no more goals, right???

if i had known this, i may not have started the subscription

the game is becoming less enjoyable now that i know that after i hit level 60, that is the end of the game.

and what is the point of celestia if you cant get there til level 58....doesnt leave a lot of room to move up


Just because Balestrom gave the quest, it doesn't mean it is exclusive to storm only. It's a great dungeon and yes it does require great team effort. Besides the quest for my wizards, I have helped here a lot of times. I've died a few times too - lol. But as I learned more about the bosses and how they worked, it was just a matter of strategy... just like any dungeon. If you go with some experienced legendaries, it would be helpful and you'll see it's really a fun challenge. I think I waited to get my level 58 spell before I went on my second wizard. This is not a required tower/quest to get to Celestia.

You can have access to Celestia once you have beaten Malistaire (Final Countdown quest in Dragonspyre) and at least be level 48.

As for reaching legendary level 60, it just means you have met the required experience to get to that level, and your experience bar will disappear. You will no longer be accumulating experience. It does NOT mean you automatically run out of quests or areas to play.

I usually hit legendary by the time my wizard(s) hit the Science Center in Celestia. (And this is me doing all the main and side quests - and not doing Grizzle yet.) But I continued to finish Celestia, Grizzle, Wintertusk, Crab Alley and Waterworks. I still have a few gaps in my list of badges, so I need to find some things I may have missed.

My point is, hitting 60 is not the end all. When a new world comes, hopefully the cap level will be raised. Now mind you - some people feel it is a waste of experience to do anything after hitting legendary because it is not tallied up. And they want to save the experience so it will count towards getting to any new level beyond 60.

So what are your goals - exactly? Just reach level 60? Complete all the worlds? Get all the badges possible? Complete the game in different wizards?

And I wasn't sure what you meant by spending 1500 to do tower - are you pay by area? If you have paid for an area, it's yours without subscribing... for all your wizards on that same account.

Well, everyone has their favorite and not-so-favorite dungeons. This game is meant to be fun - not a source of frustration.

Nora RavenSong lvl 60 balance
Ellie NightWeaver lvl 60 death
Nora SeaStone lvl 60 storm
Ellie WinterBane lvl 41 ice

Survivor
Mar 15, 2011
31
i mean i have spent around 1500 crowns on henchmen in that tower because none of my friends are allowed to port to me, and they are all level 45 or higher, and 2 of them are level 60. none of them are storm school but me, so why are they not allowed to go in with me or port to me when i am in there?

Defender
Aug 06, 2010
174
stormspyer wrote:
i mean i have spent around 1500 crowns on henchmen in that tower because none of my friends are allowed to port to me, and they are all level 45 or higher, and 2 of them are level 60. none of them are storm school but me, so why are they not allowed to go in with me or port to me when i am in there?


Ouch! If I used about 5 henches with no success, I'll usually call it quits and see if there is a "trick" to a boss or dungeon. (I did that on first boss at Waterworks before I knew anything about it... but I had to try - lol.) Anyway - this is not meant to be a solo tower.

You can't port into this dungeon. If you want someone to help you with this, you need to enter together as a group using the sigil. This is one of the grand towers (the other is Briskbreeze on Colossus Blvd.) Wizard friends can only walk in with you if they have the quest or have done this tower before. So lower levels cannot join or port in.

So whenever I'm gonna help someone, we all make arrangements by porting at the front of the tower or just name a realm and meet up.

Also - very important... if you die, you can potion and health up. But you cannot port back to rejoin your group. You have to walk back through the sigil solo and go up the flights/rooms till you get to your party.

I can try to help you - but it's hard to make appointments through here. I'm on west coast time. Wanna try to name a date and time and realm for Sat or Sun?


Survivor
Mar 15, 2011
31
i never say no to help, but this tower is confusing me....some people tell me anyone can go in the tower, but if you are not storm school, you cant get the quest from the teacher, so it is useless to have friends try to join, because none of them can...

im in central time zone and i am usually on about 9 to 10 pm central time each night, and as for realm i guess try to goto phoenix realm,

but how are we going to know each other are there?

any help would be wonderful as i am now level 60, and i am sort of bored now with no goals/quests to work towards, but i would like to do this tower, cuz its supposedly for a new spell

so thank you

Defender
Aug 06, 2010
174
Again this is a Grandmaster Tower quest, it's called Swimming With The Stars. I have done this quest on my legend balance, death and storm. I have helped in this dungeon with others... they are ice and fire. You do not have to be storm to do this. I am not aware of this being a school spell quest.

Sorry - that's what I mean by it's hard to make arrangements here. I last read Friday before leaving work and didn't see your message till now.

Central time... you are 2 hours... so if you are on at 9:00pm, that's 7:00pm for me.

Let's meet Thursday, July 14, at 9:00pm your time in front of the tower Phoenix realm. Work for you? What is your wizard's name?

(If any else out there wants to join - meet us there. ) :-)


Nora RavenSong lvl 60 balance
Ellie NightWeaver lvl 60 death
Nora SeaStone lvl 60 storm
Ellie WinterBane lvl 46 ice


Survivor
Mar 15, 2011
31
sounds like a plan and my wizard name is Jason Stormhunter

thank you very much if this works :-)

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
729
Sounds like this dungeon is a cheater. From what I read on the Celestia message boards, those are realitively rare. Besides, WinterTusk came, plus you can go back and do crafting, gardening, pet training, PvP, and more!

Survivor
Jun 01, 2011
17
Need help with 10 story warehouse, my partner and I are levels 50 and we can not do it, we do not know many high level friends , if anyone can meet up who has done this warehouse and know the secrets would be great , we made it to 3rd floor and died !! It is really hard, wow and the new world celest, is really hard too , I could really use some help and some tips too, thank you !! :-D

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
2721
AmiRoi wrote:
Need help with 10 story warehouse, my partner and I are levels 50 and we can not do it, we do not know many high level friends , if anyone can meet up who has done this warehouse and know the secrets would be great , we made it to 3rd floor and died !! It is really hard, wow and the new world celest, is really hard too , I could really use some help and some tips too, thank you !! :-D


I think I answered another one of your posts on this, but just in case...

Here is a guide for the warehouse that might help you:

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80617&highlight=warehouse+guide