Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Trouble targeting the Soulkeeper

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 13, 2013
9
Apologies if this has been asked before.

I am going into the Chamber of the Charmed and fighting the Soulkeeper but for some reason I cannot work out the curser just shows empty when I target him, rather than a green tick as usual. It can't be a technical glitch (I hope) because I can target his minion and myself.

Is there something I need to do first? I've fought the guy with a previous wizard and this never happened.

If there's anyone out there that can throw light on the subject I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks.


Hero
Aug 23, 2009
723
This may be technical glitch, but depending on your screen size and placement of conversation pane it can get odd. Try hovering your mouse all over the enemy in question, I've found that on larger enemies aiming the cursor near the very top of their target area around or just above head will allow green check to sync properly and allow targeting.and attack. If it still doesn't work contact KI support for remedy. Good luck.

Survivor
Oct 13, 2013
9
Thank you for that. In any case I won simply by using meteor strike repeatedly and that works just beautifully.

Survivor
Nov 05, 2013
1
I'm having this problem too! I moved my cursor all over the Soulkeeper and summoned an elemental which, unfortunately, only used cards that did not deal damage to it, and then fled the battle hoping it was a one time bug. I went into the Soulkeeper battle again and I faced the same problem!
This is the first bug of this kind that I've experienced and I hope it is only with the current patch and will be fixed soon, because I enjoy playing the game at a fast pace and this is a serious obstacle to my entertainment.

Survivor
Aug 15, 2011
1
I had the same issue, you can use a spell that strikes all the enemies (like a meteor card) before defeating the minion, OR I tried playing on another device and it didn't have that glitch so if you have another computer use Wizard101 on it. You can also summon a minion and that hits the soulkeeper and keep healing yourself if the soulkeeper hits you, but you have to heal your minion too. Hope that helped.

Survivor
Jan 16, 2010
12
I'm having the same issue.

It started with Soulkeeper in Krok, and then I tried Desert Golems and still couldn't target any attack spells. Unfortunately the work around doesn't work for me because I'm Life, and currently have no attack spells that hit all enemies. I shouldn't have to use another computer to play Wizard101 with. And I'm not at a level that can summon a minion (thankfully during the Soulkeeper battle, I had enough crowns to buy a minion for 20 crowns, but I am not going to do that just to level my character).

Survivor
Dec 29, 2008
10
I'm having this problem as well. As said above I bought a level 20 minion to help me (I'm Ice, so I don't have minions or an AoE attack), but I hope they fix this soon!

Survivor
Nov 23, 2013
1
If you reduce your resolution size to 800x600 for that one fight there's a small area above the Soulkeeper's head that you can target him. I had to test it out today because I have no pets or area spells.

Survivor
Nov 24, 2013
1
turns out he is glitched try moving your cursor above him and to the left and it will highlight as him being there if it happens in the future just drag your cursor around the screen til it registers the creature as there.

Survivor
Jun 30, 2012
18
Every single time I fight that guy I end up fleeing! :( I am a level 18 ice wizard . I do hope they get this fixed and I hope Lydia reads this so she can help too . I will try to fight him again and see if I can defeat him!

I treid the advice i got but it is not working I will report to the game system and tell them to fix it or I will tell everyone about their fraud .

Survivor
Oct 18, 2013
1
its been over a year now how come this glitch is still going on!!?? Lydia have u any answers for us!! We are pretty frustrated playing this scene over and over and over and over and over again tried some of the solutions but none r working helpppp!!!!!

Survivor
Jul 27, 2013
1
Let's get this fixed PLEASE. I dont have meteor strike

Survivor
Sep 23, 2013
7
Thanks to David Nightrider's response down below I was able to get through this. He's right. If you just change your resolution down to 800x600, you will be able to target the Soulkeeper. Just hover the arrow above his head and it does turn green (for the win). Thanks David! This needs to be fixed in the next patch. Not exactly the way we like to play the game.

Survivor
Jun 18, 2011
2
I am on my lvl 15 storm wizard and I was battling The Soul Keeper but when I chose a spell and tried to use it on him, It didn't let me choose him!

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
1
I had this same issue too. I had to flee twice before I learned how to fix it. Its really simple, all I did was change my resolution size to 800x600 and there was an area above the soulkeeper's head that had a green check. Then if you're like me and don't like that size and prefer full screen instead, you can change it back after the battle.

Survivor
Oct 13, 2013
9
And of course, it's worth simply targeting his name on the scroll above his head. That should work too.

Survivor
Dec 24, 2013
1
Targeting the Soulkeeper's nameplate at the top of the screen works beautifully - Thanks!!!

Survivor
Jun 01, 2013
1
Samuel Sunheart on Nov 16, 2013 wrote:
Apologies if this has been asked before.

I am going into the Chamber of the Charmed and fighting the Soulkeeper but for some reason I cannot work out the curser just shows empty when I target him, rather than a green tick as usual. It can't be a technical glitch (I hope) because I can target his minion and myself.

Is there something I need to do first? I've fought the guy with a previous wizard and this never happened.

If there's anyone out there that can throw light on the subject I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks.

I had the same problem too. Defeating the Soul Keeper will give you a lot of EXP but when I try to cast a spell on him it does not let me. I am real annoyed and I hope this a glitch that will be patched up soon

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
4942
eriniceheart on Dec 2, 2013 wrote:
Every single time I fight that guy I end up fleeing! :( I am a level 18 ice wizard . I do hope they get this fixed and I hope Lydia reads this so she can help too . I will try to fight him again and see if I can defeat him!

I treid the advice i got but it is not working I will report to the game system and tell them to fix it or I will tell everyone about their fraud .
it's hardly fraud. Listen to what we are telling you. Click the NAME above the boss; it works...I've done it several times now with new wizards.
I have reported it, discussed with support several times. Eventually they'll get around to fixing it. Threats don't work well.

Survivor
Aug 29, 2013
1
David Nightrider on Dec 1, 2013 wrote:
If you reduce your resolution size to 800x600 for that one fight there's a small area above the Soulkeeper's head that you can target him. I had to test it out today because I have no pets or area spells.
Thank you so much! I had this same problem and was using other recommended solutions, but it still didn't work. Thank you for the helpful tip!

Survivor
Jan 16, 2013
5
aKarebear on Nov 22, 2013 wrote:
I'm having this problem too! I moved my cursor all over the Soulkeeper and summoned an elemental which, unfortunately, only used cards that did not deal damage to it, and then fled the battle hoping it was a one time bug. I went into the Soulkeeper battle again and I faced the same problem!
This is the first bug of this kind that I've experienced and I hope it is only with the current patch and will be fixed soon, because I enjoy playing the game at a fast pace and this is a serious obstacle to my entertainment.
well you have to like your minion because its providing a meat shield for you so you can save up for an attack.