Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Tips for the Minotaur of the Krokosphinx

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 12, 2008
I recently beat the minotaur boss in the entrance hall. Here are tips to defeat his 2,000 health points and his two helpers:

Pack a LOT of treasure cards.
Duel him in the ambrose realm. People are sure to come and help.
See if you have a spell that hits multiple enemies.
Pack kraken treasure cards. They really help.
Don't give up. It took me two tries. :-D

Explorer
Aug 25, 2008
... the best advice of all: get help. Two or more people, and whooooosh, the fight goes by MUCH faster.

Survivor
Jul 25, 2008
How come I saw one in the Entrance Hall of the Great Sphinx?
(He was hard)

Survivor
Jul 25, 2008
Survivor
Jul 25, 2008

From that message from before, I was meant say:
How come i keep on seeing tiny minotaurs circled around the circle thing in the entrance hall?

P.S When i go close to them, they disappear.
P.S.S And when i said that the minotaur boss was hard, I meant that I helped someone (not sure who it was) do that battle. 8)

Survivor
Sep 20, 2008
i remember when i did that battle, i did it once before i got the quest to fight it, then i did it for the quest. it was a piece of cake! but i had three or four people helping me.

Explorer
Jul 12, 2008
nakez wrote:

From that message from before, I was meant say:
How come i keep on seeing tiny minotaurs circled around the circle thing in the entrance hall?

P.S When i go close to them, they disappear.
P.S.S And when i said that the minotaur boss was hard, I meant that I helped someone (not sure who it was) do that battle. 8)

Not to sure about that, either, I haven't done the quest yet.

Explorer
Sep 11, 2008
apprenticepeter wrote:
I recently beat the minotaur boss in the entrance hall. Here are tips to defeat his 2,000 health points and his two helpers:

Don't give up. It took me two tries. :D

It took you 2 tries? Oh, and by the way it would be better if Kraken was a normal card because you can use it more.

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
Dorrisa wrote:
apprenticepeter wrote:

Don't give up. It took me two tries. :D

It took you 2 tries? Oh, and by the way it would be better if Kraken was a normal card because you can use it more.

Then Kraken is a normal Card; It's high-level Storm Magic.
Check with "Mr Toad" in Wizard City.....

_

Survivor
Sep 27, 2008
That dude is really evil!!! He is not that hard once you go to the Tomb of Storms. There are monsters with 3400 health! I say all you need is health. You will also need help and health cards. You'll get it eventually. I tried ten times to beat him but i did it!

Explorer
Jul 12, 2008
BBD21 wrote:
That dude is really evil!!! He is not that hard once you go to the Tomb of Storms. There are monsters with 3400 health! I say all you need is health. You will also need help and health cards. You'll get it eventually. I tried ten times to beat him but i did it!

Uh-oh. That's where I am.

Survivor
May 24, 2008
The "little guys" circling around the fire pit on Krokosphinx are supposed to be statues that "come alive" and fight with you when you get that quest.

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
BBD21 wrote:

:(
By the time most of us reach Tomb of Storms, ANYTHING is not nearly as hard. But I understand what you mean; You've earned you lumps by then, and the Minotaur isn't nearly as hard. As a Myth Wizard, I stress the VERY creative use of Minions and their support cards, as well as any Spell like that Life Spell that Absorbs damage (I honestly forgot its name, though I keep 3 in my Deck at all times). Max out your defense and damage output; and loading up on Spells that dish out (or covert into) Storm damage is common sense. Forgetting that much is asking for the Minotaur to whip its hooves on your hide. Believe me : Sunken City is NOTHING compared to this rank piece of Longhorn if its in a creative frame of mind...
:(

Survivor
Sep 17, 2008
I have a two quick questions. How do you get the quest to defeat him and when you do, do you get a badge? I am already in Marleybone so with some friends I am sure to pass through it - no matter how slowly. My brother and my friend have the badge 'Master Diplomat' and they both have done that task... I haven't done it and I don't have the badge. Help please

Explorer
Jul 12, 2008
Fleur wrote:
I have a two quick questions. How do you get the quest to defeat him and when you do, do you get a badge? I am already in Marleybone so with some friends I am sure to pass through it - no matter how slowly. My brother and my friend have the badge 'Master Diplomat' and they both have done that task... I haven't done it and I don't have the badge. Help please

Master diplomat is obtained for clearing Collussues Boulvard, I believe.

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
Fleur wrote:

8)
You get the quest to fight the Minotaur around the same time as the Quest to enter the Emperor's Retreat (I think that its name; to the left when you enter the Krokosphinx). And yes; you get a nice Title, just like those who finished the Sunken City get the "Sunken City Survivor" Badge. And BTW, if you finish that one AND all of the Wizard City Quests (I mean ALL of them!), you also get the "Savior of Wizard City" Badge.

By finishing all of the Krokotopia Quests, you get the "Hero of Krokotopia" Badge.

Look for me on Drake or Diego, or on Ambrose if Team Questing
: Danial DragonSinger (Myth 29)
: Scarlet SkullHammer (Death 19)
: Artur Lifeweaver (Life 17)
: Sabrina Iceblade (Ice 15)
: Calamity Firerider (Fire 12)
: David Stormbreaker (Storm 10)
8)