Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is Frostbite Worth Using?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 31, 2011
Just yesterday I got my new move that I have been waiting to get and I finally got it. Its called Frsotbite. Frostbite does 70 + 480 and it cost 7 pips so I am woundering if it is worth using?

Level 26 Ice Wizard

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Gamester999 wrote:
Just yesterday I got my new move that I have been waiting to get and I finally got it. Its called Frsotbite. Frostbite does 70 + 480 and it cost 7 pips so I am woundering if it is worth using?

Level 26 Ice Wizard

Yes; against fire enemies that shield. It should only be 5 pips.

Defender
Dec 31, 2011
Survivor
Jan 19, 2012
Armiger
May 10, 2010
Gamester999 wrote:

Level 26 Ice Wizard

It only costs 5 pips to use. When you start facing some fire enemies that cast Ice shields often, you will be very happy to have this spell. But, by all means, keep casting wyvern at an enemy with an Ice shield up, see how long it takes to defeat that enemy.

Defender
Dec 31, 2011
Ok thanks everyone. I am just going to use frostbite when I fight fire people. And in pvp. (Or I might just want to use it for fun lol)

Explorer
Feb 25, 2010
It's your best value per pip at this point. Use it with blades to see the value but don't both trapping. Not as often useful in PvE because you can often kill them easily with blizzards but really great in PvP to get around shields and give constant, inexpensive damage.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Gamester999 wrote:

Level 26 Ice Wizard

Yes, frostbite is very handy for those fire enemies. But it's also handy against balance with their balance shields against ice.
Wyvern is a great spell, but if there are shields up, you'll do very little damage with it.
Moira Moonflower, Level 63 Ice Wizard

Survivor
Jul 11, 2011
Gamester999 wrote:

Level 26 Ice Wizard

lol I remember when I first got frostbite, I refused to use anything else since it was almost as good as colossus for 1 less pip. Plus it's extremely hard to shield against in pvp. So as a transcended ice wizard, it's definitely worth using. (it's also 5 pips not 7 :))

Survivor
Oct 25, 2009
Gamester999 wrote:

Level 26 Ice Wizard

Yes! It's really a useful spell! It helps more than you would think. It slowly damages the enemy while you can think of a plan or just attack the enemy at once. When your wizard gets higher in levels you'll see how you'll want to use frostbite more and more. Trust me it comes in handy! By the way it should be 5 pips.

Helpful tip: The pips are a good way to tell rather you should use the spell or not. If you have 5 regular pips go for it, same thing if you have 2 power pips and 1 regular pip but, if you have something like 3 power pips and no regular pips, you might want to check and see if you have any other non-D.O.T spells with you. If you do have any non-D.O.T spells, use them instead of frostbite because that extra pip in the power pip will be a waste. 3 pips=6 regular pips so if you use 5 the extra pip is gone just because it's a power pip!

~Vanessa Moonflower~Level 67~Thurmaturge aka ice~

Defender
Mar 11, 2011
Trust me it's the third best ice spell. After Snow Angel#2 and Wolly Mammath#1.

Defender
Dec 31, 2011
Ok I collected all the info I need to know how it is worth using and the only way its worth using if its either fighting a fire guy or fighting anyone and cast frostbite on my enemy then keep putting shields on them. So thank you for everything.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Gamester999 wrote:

Level 26 Ice Wizard

Oh no, the spell I spam like crazy on my Ice wizard. A good combo to follow up with it is to summon your minion and then it uses Snow Shark while you Frostbite.