Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Emperor's Retreat

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 16, 2013
Hi. I'm trying to complete the Emporer's Retreat. I'm on the last part to defeat the emperor. Is there supposed to be a tome or something that gives a clue to how to light the obelisks? When I go there there is nothing but the obelisks of the bird, gator, sun, palm, beetle, and snake. I wondered if, because I had helped a friend defeat the Emperor during his quest (and before I had got that far on my own) by porting in, did the game "lock me out". I could swear when I had helped him, there was a tome with a clue in the area with the obelisks. I'm stumped on how to open that door!

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
iridiandf on Mar 16, 2013 wrote:
Hi. I'm trying to complete the Emporer's Retreat. I'm on the last part to defeat the emperor. Is there supposed to be a tome or something that gives a clue to how to light the obelisks? When I go there there is nothing but the obelisks of the bird, gator, sun, palm, beetle, and snake. I wondered if, because I had helped a friend defeat the Emperor during his quest (and before I had got that far on my own) by porting in, did the game "lock me out". I could swear when I had helped him, there was a tome with a clue in the area with the obelisks. I'm stumped on how to open that door!
Before you get to those doors, you had to defeat the Keymaster. When you did, it showed the "combination" of obelisks to light. There are yellow banners that appear in the room with the Keymaster. Use the symbols from those banners to light the corresponding obelisks at the door. This link to one of the fansites shows detailed pictures in case you need them:

Ihttp://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?46988-Guide-to-The-Emperor-s-Retreat&highlight=emperor%27s+retreat

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Hi. This is my second reply. For some reason, I think that the link in my first reply did not work. I'm listing the link again. It shows detailed pictures for the Emperor's Retreat:

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?46988-Guide-to-The-Emperor-s-Retreat&highlight=emperor%27s+retreat

After you defeat the Keymaster, watch for the symbols that appear on the yellow banners. Use thos symbols to light the obelisks at the door.

(Note: thank you "Jester" for the guide to Emperor's Retreat. )

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
You need to pay attention and maybe slow down a bit. The Gate Keeper gave you the order. He said to look up on your way out. Go back, and do that.