Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Dungeon disagreement

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 17, 2012
When I took on the dungeon to defeat Krokhotep by myself, I made it all the way through, to Krokhotep, defeated his minion, but lost to him.

I have a friend who says that when you are defeated in a dungeon, the dungeon resets and you have to restart the entire dungeon.

I found, though, that when I healed and restocked mana and potions quickly, when I went back in, I could go all the way to Krokhotep. He was without his minion, and was partially injured, the way I left him. I could then defeat him easily.

My friend says that is a glitch, that the dungeon should have reset after my defeat and did not, that the 30 minute rule only applies if you leave via teleport.

So, is it a glitch, or is my friend wrong?

Once again, the <a href="https://www.wizard101.com/home5/w101playersguide/page_8ad6a4041b790501011bbe40b52839dc" target="_new" rel="nofollow">Player Guide</a> has the answer.

Dungeons must be completed to get full credit. Logging out, leaving through the Dungeon entrance, going to another dungeon, playing a Mini-game, going to a PvP or Derby match, or going to your home will reset the Dungeon. Leaving any other way gives you 30 minutes to return before the Dungeon resets.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Survivor
Nov 07, 2010
You have 30 minutes to return to the dungeon if you are defeated or port out. If you do not return with in 30 minutes or if you leave the dungeon threw the entrance is only when the dungeon resets.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
If you return to a dungeon within 30 minutes, then the progress you made will not be lost. If you die again, you get another 30 minutes.