Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Beginning Krokotopia at level 10!

1
AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 19, 2009
5
Okay, Headmaster Ambrose just gave me the spiral keys to travel to Krokotopia.. And I'm only level 10! Is that a little bit early? On my older wizards I remember going to Krokotopia around level 15..

Survivor
Feb 02, 2013
47
diamarine on Jul 11, 2013 wrote:
Okay, Headmaster Ambrose just gave me the spiral keys to travel to Krokotopia.. And I'm only level 10! Is that a little bit early? On my older wizards I remember going to Krokotopia around level 15..
Ahhh! I just entered it at level 10 and I was like "This seems underleveled, thought I should be 15..". I think it might be due to skipping colossus and quite a bit of other areas by just getting the defeat lord nightshade quest. It shouldn't hinder you, I'm almost done within not too long(then again, I have no life).

Survivor
Apr 25, 2011
34
It's totally normal! the reason is because you prob skipped the side avenue's. Like Colossus Boulevard. It gives you a few levels. So don't worry, this is the level you're supposed to go to Krok at. O:

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
865
I think that level is rather low to begin Krokotopia. I personally think leveling to 15-18 is best before starting, but that is just me.

Mastermind
Jun 02, 2013
311
No, it isn't. I got in at level 12, not too far from 10. You probably didn't do Colossus or side quests. You should be fine, you're still quite in the game.

Mastermind
Jun 02, 2013
311
My wizard Tristan Spiritflame just got in Krok at level 10, don't feel alone.

Survivor
Jul 19, 2013
3
SoupWizard64 on Jul 21, 2013 wrote:
No, it isn't. I got in at level 12, not too far from 10. You probably didn't do Colossus or side quests. You should be fine, you're still quite in the game.
same here I start Krokatopia at level 12 but I skiped colossus boulavard and find the smiths and some otyhor side quest so it is normal

Survivor
Jun 27, 2013
12
Go for it :)
Since you have never faced two enemies at once, it might be a bit difficult at first, but keep trying, seeing as you will discover a strategy that works for you. Something that worked for me was blade up (if you have your blade yet) and then trap up (if you have your trap), and fire away with your level ten spell. Heal, then repeat for the second enemy.

Survivor
Jul 22, 2011
9
I know right! On my other wizard Kaitlyn wizard she got the spiral keys at lvl 11
I was like FREAKED out!!
Because on my wizard, Natalie EmeraldHeart, came in krok around lvl 15.
So I decided to finish Crab alley and Colussus too. And I lvled up to 16 and went to krokotopia.

So happy to be balance!!!

Champion
May 10, 2013
483
I am not like mad that your beginning kt at level 10. You gain at least 12 levels in the whole world that far.
So I began Marleybone at level 22. Marleybone is a very short world (I came 4 levels) then MooShu, when I got so stuck in Tatakai Outpost, I gave up and took some time for side quests. You might wanna do a couple sides like Colossus Boulevard, or Waterworks and Warehouse (Spiral Geographic, not the Ironworks one, or the Hyde Park one) Maybe some Zeke Quests...

A+ Student
Feb 25, 2009
1536
You do get the Sprial Key at level 10 if you have completed all the main line quests. But, if you do the side quests including Zeke's Smiths and Colossus Blvd. You will gain additional levesl and you will be glad you did them. Gaining those extra levels up to around level 16 to 18 will make Krok much easier and actually more fun. Since there are some spell quests that you won't get until level 22, the further you are in level the better.

Colossus Blvd, prepares you for fighting more than one enemy at a time. There are also sides in Krok that require you to go to Colossus Blvd and if you have not done it, I don't know that you will be able to complete those sides. There is a reason for everything in the game and it is up to you to make the coice to do them when they become available or take the chance you will have to go back and do them anyway.

Also, some of Zeke's find quests will give you training points that enable you to train a secondary school.

You may want to get used to doing side quests and side worlds. There is a point that you will get no more spell quests unless certain ones are done anyway and those are going to be very beneficial in the second arc.

@PlayHard101, Waterworks is only available to level 60+ and the Warehouse to level 48+. The Warehouse originally was the only way you could advance to Celestia but was change to not being a requirement.

@Moonlighterz1000, good choice. I have made it a point that all of my wizards(12 currently) complete all available to be the highest level possible to enter any area or world. But I also solo a lot. Each of my wizards enter Marleybone at level 30+. Makes it much easier.

Survivor
Mar 30, 2013
1
rinkworks on Jul 13, 2013 wrote:
Ahhh! I just entered it at level 10 and I was like "This seems underleveled, thought I should be 15..". I think it might be due to skipping colossus and quite a bit of other areas by just getting the defeat lord nightshade quest. It shouldn't hinder you, I'm almost done within not too long(then again, I have no life).
  • i started my trip at lvl 8

Delver
Nov 05, 2011
251
tegh313 on Aug 22, 2013 wrote:
  • i started my trip at lvl 8
I started at level 7
Beat that!

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
2721
MadisonWinterHorn on Sep 15, 2013 wrote:
I started at level 7
Beat that!
Sorry to say that you both probably skipped a lot of side quests, and you are probably going to have difficulty at some point with being such a low level. Just sayin...

Delver
Nov 05, 2011
251
AluraMist2 on Sep 16, 2013 wrote:
Sorry to say that you both probably skipped a lot of side quests, and you are probably going to have difficulty at some point with being such a low level. Just sayin...
I know, I could have started at level 6... But I got pulled by a rotting fodder and leveled up right before I talked to bartleby.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
2638
MadisonWinterHorn on Sep 15, 2013 wrote:
I started at level 7
Beat that!
Well young wizard let me introduce you to "Brick Wall" because that is what you are going to be up against if you try to speed though the worlds not being a good enough level to do it. Lack of gear and spells to sling will bring you down. This is coming from a mainly solo player who has no patience for "defeat".

Unless you have very good friends to "carry" you though you are going to be meeting Brick Wall sooner then you think.

Delver
Nov 05, 2011
251
Northlite on Sep 17, 2013 wrote:
Well young wizard let me introduce you to "Brick Wall" because that is what you are going to be up against if you try to speed though the worlds not being a good enough level to do it. Lack of gear and spells to sling will bring you down. This is coming from a mainly solo player who has no patience for "defeat".

Unless you have very good friends to "carry" you though you are going to be meeting Brick Wall sooner then you think.
I leveled up a million times with the talk to quest and I have a friend on the same quest as me but unfortunately I am

Survivor
Jun 16, 2013
18
I just got in at level 12/13 (it was the point when I levelled up) and I kind of freaked out, I mean, there aren't any footpaths in any of the tombs, so I was a bit thrown out of my comfort zone, but what i'm trying to say is that you should just go with the flow and figure things out as you go.

Amy LifeSong, Initiate theurgist, level 13,

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
2638
MadisonWinterHorn on Sep 18, 2013 wrote:
I leveled up a million times with the talk to quest and I have a friend on the same quest as me but unfortunately I am
Why do you say "unfortunately" I am ? I am not the best player in the game and my Storm so far has soloed to lvl 58 (mid Celestia) so far with out too many defeats, I expect to make it though the end of Zafaria maybe. I do all quests and sides but that is mainly because I take my time in the game and get all I can out of it.

I also think we all play certain schools better then others, my down fall is Balance and Myth, so far I just don't seem to get in the groove well with those schools. I have found that I do a little better with them my second attempt at it though or maybe because there is more gear available early on now. My most comfortable school is Life but that is because it was my first wizard, I have played it the most and learned the game with it.

Survivor
May 04, 2012
2
Yeee wait what?! Entering Krokotopia at level 10?! I just got membership and on the foulgaze quest and I hear you have to do that first I don't know really but I have seen videos about Krokotopia but I think that you should enter at 16-20 'cuz the monsters are not so easy like the monsters that gang in 2 or 3 don't get me started on those... {I am really of topic aren't I?}

Defender
Nov 17, 2012
186
You most likely did few to no side quests. Personally, I stop at everyone with a above their head. Level 10 is the intended level for Krok. Since I did all of the side quests, I started at... Oh... 16? You're not at a bad level to start, you're just a bit earlier than most.

Mastermind
Jun 02, 2013
311
My other Death wizard got into KT at level 10 too!

Survivor
May 02, 2012
48
your not alone, almost all my wizards went to krok as lvl 10. I am pretty sure the only one that in began it at a different lvl is my balance.

Champion
May 10, 2013
483
MadisonWinterHorn on Sep 15, 2013 wrote:
I started at level 7
Beat that!
Let's be honest here. Honestly, being level 7 in Krokotopia is IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!!
I did NO side quests, absolutely none, and I was level 10. FYI, you were probably just hanging around the battle field, doing absolutely nothing, and letting your friends do work. Actually, My Highest Wiz was level 14.

Oh again, MadisonWinterHorn, you can't level up "a million times" cause there only 95 levels!!!!

Champion
May 10, 2013
483
DragonLady1818 on Aug 18, 2013 wrote:
You do get the Sprial Key at level 10 if you have completed all the main line quests. But, if you do the side quests including Zeke's Smiths and Colossus Blvd. You will gain additional levesl and you will be glad you did them. Gaining those extra levels up to around level 16 to 18 will make Krok much easier and actually more fun. Since there are some spell quests that you won't get until level 22, the further you are in level the better.

Colossus Blvd, prepares you for fighting more than one enemy at a time. There are also sides in Krok that require you to go to Colossus Blvd and if you have not done it, I don't know that you will be able to complete those sides. There is a reason for everything in the game and it is up to you to make the coice to do them when they become available or take the chance you will have to go back and do them anyway.

Also, some of Zeke's find quests will give you training points that enable you to train a secondary school.

You may want to get used to doing side quests and side worlds. There is a point that you will get no more spell quests unless certain ones are done anyway and those are going to be very beneficial in the second arc.

@PlayHard101, Waterworks is only available to level 60+ and the Warehouse to level 48+. The Warehouse originally was the only way you could advance to Celestia but was change to not being a requirement.

@Moonlighterz1000, good choice. I have made it a point that all of my wizards(12 currently) complete all available to be the highest level possible to enter any area or world. But I also solo a lot. Each of my wizards enter Marleybone at level 30+. Makes it much easier.
Wrong

You can go to the Warehouse at any level as long as you finished Dragonspyre!

Oh and by the way half of the time I wasn't talking about kt.

1