Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wasted.

2
AuthorMessage
Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4120
I'm not going to bother quoting all the times you misstated my view or what I want from KI. A big one is factoring in side quests XP. I don't want that at all. But I also don't want the other extreme that you seem to like. You should not be less than halfway through a world before reaching the level limit when you started at the lowest possible level and DIDN'T do anything for extra XP. I don't see why you don't get it, but clearly you never will. If they are giving enough XP in the storyline to reach lvl 97-98 from lvl 90, then having the cap at 95 makes no sense. The XP given from the storyline is too high in Azteca and vastly worse in Khrysalis, in Dragonsypre and Celestia is was too low and you have to go back and do sides. I'm not asking for that. I found that to be quite annoying also. There's no need to increase the XP requirements, just lower the rewards to match the level requirements. Some of the quests give 90,000-120,000 XP when a level was only 750,000, that's just too high.

Historian
May 06, 2009
633
seethe42 on Jan 9, 2014 wrote:
I'm not going to bother quoting all the times you misstated my view or what I want from KI. A big one is factoring in side quests XP. I don't want that at all. But I also don't want the other extreme that you seem to like. You should not be less than halfway through a world before reaching the level limit when you started at the lowest possible level and DIDN'T do anything for extra XP. I don't see why you don't get it, but clearly you never will. If they are giving enough XP in the storyline to reach lvl 97-98 from lvl 90, then having the cap at 95 makes no sense. The XP given from the storyline is too high in Azteca and vastly worse in Khrysalis, in Dragonsypre and Celestia is was too low and you have to go back and do sides. I'm not asking for that. I found that to be quite annoying also. There's no need to increase the XP requirements, just lower the rewards to match the level requirements. Some of the quests give 90,000-120,000 XP when a level was only 750,000, that's just too high.
Ok, now I see your point and, never say never. It takes time to get the point across in discussions sometimes. My apologizes for massly overlooking your view point. But now I understand.

Specifically, it's right where you said...
"You should not be less than halfway through a world before reaching the level limit when you started at the lowest possible level and DIDN'T do anything for extra XP."
and
"If they are giving enough XP in the storyline to reach lvl 97-98 from lvl 90, then having the cap at 95 makes no sense. The XP given from the storyline is too high in Azteca and vastly worse in Khrysalis, in Dragonsypre and Celestia is was too low and you have to go back and do sides."
and, especially,
"There's no need to increase the XP requirements, just lower the rewards to match the level requirements. Some of the quests give 90,000-120,000 XP when a level was only 750,000, that's just too high."

That, in bold and underlines, was where I got it. I suspect that the reason KI put the cap at 95 because when new worlds come out, they raise the cap by 10 levels. Splitting Khrysalis into 2 parts, would make sense in dividing 10 into 5. But Part 1 has enough experience to get to Level 100 if they allowed it and Part 2 would be "pointless" (XP-wise). I could agree with you now, in the way you've explained it. From what I'm understanding now, You agree that XP should get you to the max level, but you shouldn't be 1 level away from max or level requirements in DS and CL and you shouldn't be maxed out upon doing 3 quests in Azteca and Khrysalis. Okay, I can agree with that completely.

I guess KI should go back and make those adjustments in the last 2 worlds, then. Getting to Level 90 or Level 100 after doing only half, or less than half, of the main content doesn't make a lot of sense where in past worlds it was more evenly spread, especially if Khrysalis has been split in half. I could work with that. I think KI should probably cap off all their quest XP rewards at 35,000-48,000 or less because they make plenty of quests where that will all add up and half of Khrysalis and Azteca won't feel like the whole world.

Again, sorry for that misguided statement I made. I get it now.

Defender
Mar 30, 2010
175
I do agree. I have always thought for awhile that the xp amount is just needless. But I have to admit it is better than not enough xp for a certain spell or world. But the abundance of xp does sometimes not make you finish worlds until the next world comes out. At least it does for me. If there is no new spell I like worth going to get I don't even bother with that wizard lol Example why my quickly went to Zafaria for basilisk but doesn't care if she ever gets to Azteca a bit later. I mean for Celestial Calendar? Really? So I can watch the earthquake/frog animations so more to get a spell that won't get used. The basilisk is awesome but celestial calendar I hate the animation and idea of a calendar.

Mastermind
Jun 01, 2009
307
ViciousVenomousVix... on Jan 10, 2014 wrote:
I do agree. I have always thought for awhile that the xp amount is just needless. But I have to admit it is better than not enough xp for a certain spell or world. But the abundance of xp does sometimes not make you finish worlds until the next world comes out. At least it does for me. If there is no new spell I like worth going to get I don't even bother with that wizard lol Example why my quickly went to Zafaria for basilisk but doesn't care if she ever gets to Azteca a bit later. I mean for Celestial Calendar? Really? So I can watch the earthquake/frog animations so more to get a spell that won't get used. The basilisk is awesome but celestial calendar I hate the animation and idea of a calendar.
Sad. I hate to hear the calendar being put down. Celestial Calendar isn't all that bad. I personally like it better than basilisk because it does its damage immediately, not over time, but that's a matter of opinion. Also, the animation isn't bad at all, they really used a lot of creativity and color. (Even though for some reason, Celestial Calendar scared my friend half to death.)

-Jasmine Owltalon, level 95 myth

Defender
Jul 10, 2009
186
Cunning Finnigan S... on Jan 10, 2014 wrote:
Ok, now I see your point and, never say never. It takes time to get the point across in discussions sometimes. My apologizes for massly overlooking your view point. But now I understand.

Specifically, it's right where you said...
"You should not be less than halfway through a world before reaching the level limit when you started at the lowest possible level and DIDN'T do anything for extra XP."
and
"If they are giving enough XP in the storyline to reach lvl 97-98 from lvl 90, then having the cap at 95 makes no sense. The XP given from the storyline is too high in Azteca and vastly worse in Khrysalis, in Dragonsypre and Celestia is was too low and you have to go back and do sides."
and, especially,
"There's no need to increase the XP requirements, just lower the rewards to match the level requirements. Some of the quests give 90,000-120,000 XP when a level was only 750,000, that's just too high."

That, in bold and underlines, was where I got it. I suspect that the reason KI put the cap at 95 because when new worlds come out, they raise the cap by 10 levels. Splitting Khrysalis into 2 parts, would make sense in dividing 10 into 5. But Part 1 has enough experience to get to Level 100 if they allowed it and Part 2 would be "pointless" (XP-wise). I could agree with you now, in the way you've explained it. From what I'm understanding now, You agree that XP should get you to the max level, but you shouldn't be 1 level away from max or level requirements in DS and CL and you shouldn't be maxed out upon doing 3 quests in Azteca and Khrysalis. Okay, I can agree with that completely.

I guess KI should go back and make those adjustments in the last 2 worlds, then. Getting to Level 90 or Level 100 after doing only half, or less than half, of the main content doesn't make a lot of sense where in past worlds it was more evenly spread, especially if Khrysalis has been split in half. I could work with that. I think KI should probably cap off all their quest XP rewards at 35,000-48,000 or less because they make plenty of quests where that will all add up and half of Khrysalis and Azteca won't feel like the whole world.

Again, sorry for that misguided statement I made. I get it now.
I agree with you about the whole 5-is-half-of-10 thing, but I have my own point as well.

So, here I was thinking, this is the first part of Khrysalis, right? So it made since to give us half the levels. But who says your always five levels through when your halfway through a world? So, maybe KI just gave us as much experience as we'd get if it were a full world.

And it'll be nice for the future generations of wizards to go into the next world a little overleveled.
Haley MoonHeart, Innate Shadowmancer

2