Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

So. Khrysalis.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 22, 2009
22
Hey Wizards!
It's Jazzy here.

I've just started the new world, Khrysalis, and found it quite fun! Love the music, storyline, and how everything looks! I especially am intrigued by that one mouse (that I conveniently forgot the name of ) who stalks/follows me wherever I go, and gives me extra resist and damage in fights. Wow! Talk about being unexpected, but in a good way.

Also, I've found it considerably easier to quest (mostly solo for me) without being totally bombarded with big spells and simple mobs having the health of bosses. It's not too easy, but not too hard either. It makes the whole questing experience run smoothly and stress-free... A big, relaxing step from Azteca, and some.

In my opinion, the loot that I got so far has been fairly promising in the stats compartment. Well, compared to Azteca, mind you. And looks pretty kewl.

Enough talking about my experience; what I came here to say is that I would like to hear your opinion too! About the world, storyline, you name it!

What do you think about Khrysalis?

Jazzy ThunderStaff Lvl 91.5
"When the dueling gets hot, summon a fire shield."

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2009
327
Khrysalis is an amazing world. It's got an amazing story, and the combat is the perfect difficulty. The companions seem good, but I have no idea how they help in battle. The only thing I don't like about this world is that KI decided to release it the same time as the Playstation 4.

Survivor
Aug 22, 2009
22
Hi William,
The little companions like the mouse thing gave me 50% more damage and 20% resist.... but on further questing, he couldn't help anymore..... meaning he died I think. I was a good experience though, lol.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4117
l CrossFired l on Nov 28, 2013 wrote:
Hi William,
The little companions like the mouse thing gave me 50% more damage and 20% resist.... but on further questing, he couldn't help anymore..... meaning he died I think. I was a good experience though, lol.
There are other companions further into the storyline and sometimes as many as 3 at once all boosting you. I loved the first part of the world, though I think they made the mobs a little too easy especially with companions. The bosses are a great level of difficulty, hard but still achievable. I enjoyed the game play more than when Azteca first came out. My only problem with it would be the ease. It took me a single night to go from lvl 90 to 95 and shadow magic. Doing that solo (except for ice cheater and shadow spell tower) in a few hours shouldn't be possible. But otherwise I loved it.

Survivor
Aug 22, 2009
22
seethe42 on Nov 28, 2013 wrote:
There are other companions further into the storyline and sometimes as many as 3 at once all boosting you. I loved the first part of the world, though I think they made the mobs a little too easy especially with companions. The bosses are a great level of difficulty, hard but still achievable. I enjoyed the game play more than when Azteca first came out. My only problem with it would be the ease. It took me a single night to go from lvl 90 to 95 and shadow magic. Doing that solo (except for ice cheater and shadow spell tower) in a few hours shouldn't be possible. But otherwise I loved it.
Oh ok, I haven't got to that part yet, so I'll look forward to it. And in response to your opinion that it's a bit too easy, I agree, but remember that its only the first part of Khrysalis. I'm sure it'll get more exciting in part two!

Defender
Jan 31, 2010
119
seethe42 on Nov 28, 2013 wrote:
There are other companions further into the storyline and sometimes as many as 3 at once all boosting you. I loved the first part of the world, though I think they made the mobs a little too easy especially with companions. The bosses are a great level of difficulty, hard but still achievable. I enjoyed the game play more than when Azteca first came out. My only problem with it would be the ease. It took me a single night to go from lvl 90 to 95 and shadow magic. Doing that solo (except for ice cheater and shadow spell tower) in a few hours shouldn't be possible. But otherwise I loved it.
Whoa, don't say that. Kingsisle might go Azteca on us all over again! Before Khrysalis came out, Azteca was even harder than Hades! But I guess KI got so many complaints about the difficulty, so they went in and fixed it up. Now Hades is the hardest thing out there. Hope KI can give us a month or an exact date of when they plan on releasing part 2. Now, I understand that part 2 might not come out on that specific date or month but I just wish we could get a general idea of when they plan to let us test it. Who knows what part 2 holds (other than the final showdown with Morganthe of course)? New spells? New enemies? Old "friends" (and I mean previous bosses we have encountered that work for morganthe)? More shadow and astral magic? The return of Malistare the Undying (though I doubt it is possible, since he was sent floating off into the spiral on a piece of Xibalba)? The only way we shall find out is with the release of part 2.

Survivor
Jun 28, 2011
12
I bet Kingsisle got the companion idea from Pirate101 where you have constant companions following you. Odd how its put into Khrysalis then again i'm only in Azteca

Explorer
Feb 16, 2011
84
I love the world. Balanced fights, good amount of XP, not to many collect quests. I also like the amount of gold you can get. I can sell something and get up to 5,000 coins for it. This new world is much better than Azteca!

Defender
Mar 30, 2010
175
I absolutey hate and despise this new world. The difficulty is a joke. I'm not trying to be mean, I'm really not but I think the difficulty so far is a bit insulting for Level 95 Wizards with any amount of resist. I also do NOT like the bugs at all. A lot of them look similar and uninteresting. I'll just wait until they release the next world that you need to beat Khrysalis to go to. This is the first time I can say that I like absolutely nothing about this update. I think it was a waste of time. The best thing about this last update? The gold/level cap increase... WHOOPPEE!!

Mastermind
Jun 01, 2009
307
ViciousVenomousVix... on Jan 10, 2014 wrote:
I absolutey hate and despise this new world. The difficulty is a joke. I'm not trying to be mean, I'm really not but I think the difficulty so far is a bit insulting for Level 95 Wizards with any amount of resist. I also do NOT like the bugs at all. A lot of them look similar and uninteresting. I'll just wait until they release the next world that you need to beat Khrysalis to go to. This is the first time I can say that I like absolutely nothing about this update. I think it was a waste of time. The best thing about this last update? The gold/level cap increase... WHOOPPEE!!
I just got shocked by this. Khrysalis isn't bad at all. I happen to like the level of difficulty, which reminds me ever so slightly of the difficulty of Dragonspyre, which was difficult in some places but easy enough that you're not constantly on your knees, begging for mercy. Khrysalis also has the beautiful scenery, and wonderful plot, which is like an alienized and twisted version of the classic "good vs evil". I also understand the not-liking-bugs part, but the whole 2nd arc has been bugs, bugs, bugs. Morganthe's twisted bug minions, everywhere. Sure, there's a bit more bugs than the other worlds in Khrysalis, but not all of those bugs are hideous and evil, for example: the baby dragonfly, and adorable bumble bee pet. It's not all that bad, and just remember, the second half of Khyrsalis is yet to come.

-Jasmine Owltalon, level 95 myth

Adherent
Feb 07, 2011
2925
I like the whole undercover-spy thing, that's we're infiltrating Morganthe's inner sanctum. It feels forbidden and kind of awesome.

The difficulty level is just fine with me. I'm not a professional/hardcore gamer, so I'm quite happy with the way it is: it's what Azteca should have been~ challenging, but not torture. One thing I could do with less of, however, is the tedious jumping from gauntlet to gauntlet. It's like they put as little thought into the early stages as was possible.

To top it all off, I hate bugs. I'm terrified of them IRL, so seeing the giant ones in-game makes my skin crawl... just thinking about it makes me want to scratch my skin off.

I do like Zaltanna, though. She's a bit of a rebel and is probably playing for both teams in the war against Morganthe. She's shifty. I don't trust her. Lol.

-von
and her 3 prometheans in KH.