Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Questions concerning Khrysalis (Timothy)

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jun 30, 2009
339
Prof. Greyrose or anyone else that can answer these questions;

1. Regarding Quest Finder: I have a quest that says I need to talk with Ambrose in the Commons, but he has no comment of any kind. Why do I have this?

2. Sophia Darkside: Since most wizards will have maxed out their wizards by the time they reach the Eclipse Tower, why does KI have her noted as being L92 to get the Shadow Magic? Maybe have her noted as L95 instead of L92, since her magic cannot be obtained until we complete the Eclipse Tower?

Timothy Pearlflower, L95

Survivor
Sep 30, 2008
20
i have a question ..how do you use the mouse that says he will help you in the battle ...I have poked on him with wand and he does nothing ...stuck on mouse ...

Historian
May 06, 2009
630
geez56 on Dec 4, 2013 wrote:
i have a question ..how do you use the mouse that says he will help you in the battle ...I have poked on him with wand and he does nothing ...stuck on mouse ...
The Assistants boosts only a few stats during their time with you. Assistants will follow you even if you have a Mount equiped. Assistants will only appear in certain designated areas. If you leave those areas, the Assistant will stay behind, including there power up. Assistants are not a perminent thing. Once they get to a certain point in the story, they will leave you. You can have more than one Assistant aiding you at a given time. The following are the known Assistants so far:

Dyvim Whitehart
Jafaelen Smokerider
Dorian Brighteyes
Zarina the DeathSong
Magolia

More are most likely to come in Part 2 and in further Arcs.

Historian
May 06, 2009
630
Promethean oxnhors... on Nov 27, 2013 wrote:
Prof. Greyrose or anyone else that can answer these questions;

1. Regarding Quest Finder: I have a quest that says I need to talk with Ambrose in the Commons, but he has no comment of any kind. Why do I have this?

2. Sophia Darkside: Since most wizards will have maxed out their wizards by the time they reach the Eclipse Tower, why does KI have her noted as being L92 to get the Shadow Magic? Maybe have her noted as L95 instead of L92, since her magic cannot be obtained until we complete the Eclipse Tower?

Timothy Pearlflower, L95
Maybe I can help?

1. From my experiences, there are some glitches with the Quest Finder. I remember activating 2 side quests in the Last Wood, but when I turned on the Quest Finder, it did not recognize the quests. The quest from Ambrose could be something the Quest Finder is confusing for something you may have already done.

2. While the quests level you up to Level 95 long before the Eclipse Tower, having the quests set at Level 92 insure that the Wizard will get the spells. I know it seems more practical to have them at level 95, but having the requirement at Level 92, just makes it so anyone will get other Shadow Magic spells upon completion of the Eclipse Tower. Changes could be possible.

Mastermind
Jun 30, 2009
339
Cunning Finnigan S... on Dec 5, 2013 wrote:
Maybe I can help?

1. From my experiences, there are some glitches with the Quest Finder. I remember activating 2 side quests in the Last Wood, but when I turned on the Quest Finder, it did not recognize the quests. The quest from Ambrose could be something the Quest Finder is confusing for something you may have already done.

2. While the quests level you up to Level 95 long before the Eclipse Tower, having the quests set at Level 92 insure that the Wizard will get the spells. I know it seems more practical to have them at level 95, but having the requirement at Level 92, just makes it so anyone will get other Shadow Magic spells upon completion of the Eclipse Tower. Changes could be possible.
Thanks Cunning,

Since you (I thought it was), me and several others thought the 7 Time Spells were gonna be part of Khrysalis; what are the chances that they will be brought into the 2nd installment of Khrysalis?

And since Sophia Darkside spilled the beans on how Morganthe learned Shadow magic and possibly threw down the Radiant Arc, what do you give on the Shadow Magi being our next major bosses dwelling in an alternate part of each and every world, with Sophia as our guide, as KI tackles the creation of the next world?

Timothy Pearlflower

Historian
May 06, 2009
630
Promethean oxnhors... on Dec 7, 2013 wrote:
Thanks Cunning,

Since you (I thought it was), me and several others thought the 7 Time Spells were gonna be part of Khrysalis; what are the chances that they will be brought into the 2nd installment of Khrysalis?

And since Sophia Darkside spilled the beans on how Morganthe learned Shadow magic and possibly threw down the Radiant Arc, what do you give on the Shadow Magi being our next major bosses dwelling in an alternate part of each and every world, with Sophia as our guide, as KI tackles the creation of the next world?

Timothy Pearlflower
"Since you (I thought it was), me and several others thought the 7 Time Spells were gonna be part of Khrysalis; what are the chances that they will be brought into the 2nd installment of Khrysalis?"
Personally, I can't give you any set statistics on if the new Level 98 spells, if that's what you're refering to when you say "7 Time Spells", will be new Ranked 11 class spells. I think it's a 50/50 chance they will be added within the 2nd Part of Khrysalis. If we look at the movement of high level -8 spells:
-At Level 48 we gained both a pet and a spell in the same quest.
-At Level 58, we got a new pet and a new spell at the same level, but broken into 2 different quests
-At Level 68, we recieved a new spell, but no new pet.
-At Level 78, a new furry, scalely, or boney companion was waiting hidden and unhatched from us, but a spell made no appearance.
-And at Level 88, a new spell was added to our arsenol, but no pet by our side.
By this pattern, I'm certain a new pet of some sort is coming. As for a spell, I would wait and see. Unfortunately, KI can't make any comment on this or it ruins the surprise of even introducing them. Rank 11 spells would make sense to give before the big duel against Morganthe, but also holding them off leaves room for them later. We can only get 14 Pips (7 Power Pips) total and we're burning that road fast. But we get new supplementary schools like Shadow Magic to comensate, so may not be that bad. In short, I don't know if new school spells come (for Myth's AoE-less sake cross your fingers), but pets I'm fully sure.

what do you give on the Shadow Magi being our next major bosses dwelling in an alternate part of each and every world, with Sophia as our guide, as KI tackles the creation of the next world?

I doubt Sophia Darkside becoming any more important than Penny Dreadful. What I mean to say is, this is most likely all we'll see of Sophia. She taught us Shadow Magic, but she has her own hands tied repairing the Eclipse Tower and mending her home, Khrysalis. I'm certain other Mouse Mages will help use in the Radiant Alcazar and the Solar Arch and anything in between.
Seeing from the last 3 bosses using Shadow Magic in Khrysalis, I believe Shadow Magic will make an even bigger appearance in the next world or arch. "Things will never be the same..." as KI puts it. I don't know for certain of alternate parts or a "Shadowy Zone" in each world going forward will appear with a major boss, I do think we will see much more of Shadow Magic and creatures using it. It's possible some creatures will obtain a Shadow school icon, like how some creatures in Celestia and Zafaria were Moon, Star, and Sun. I don't think any Shadow Self transformations will become an actual, fightable bosses, especially not in the main story, but it's always nice to keep your fingers crossed.

Defender
Jun 17, 2012
148
geez56 on Dec 4, 2013 wrote:
i have a question ..how do you use the mouse that says he will help you in the battle ...I have poked on him with wand and he does nothing ...stuck on mouse ...
Dvyim or whatever his name is gives you an extra 50% damage added in to your damage that comes with armor. he also gives you 20% resistance for everything.

Mastermind
Jun 30, 2009
339
To everyone that gave answers to my question;

I just got back into the posting part of the message boards today. Thank you for all the answers given. I wasn't ignoring you, I was unable to respond.

I have been asking and responding to questions in Central, in the absence of here.

Timothy Pearlflower, Harbinger of Light