Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Morganthe's Prophecy, has it fully been fuliflled?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 12, 2012
20
'The Mirror will break, The Horn will call, From the shadows I strike, and the skies will fall.'

This has been the prophecy that has eluded wizards ever since we first met the Umbra Queen in Celestia.
These are my interpretations:

The Mirror will break - Morganthe destroying Mirror Lake in order to gain acces to the Shining Mountains and reclaim her deck of Shadows.

The Horn will call - Hurucan, the Horned One called to Xibalba and allowed Morganthe to teleport to the comet, and soonafter set it on a course to destroy Azteca.

From the Shadows I strike - Morganthe and her army, using the power of shadow magic to redraw the spiral into her own image, the Shadow Web, held together by Moros.

And the skies will fall - This refers to the comet, Xibalba, plummeting to Xibalba to destroy it forever.

There is a problem I have with the last two verses.

By meeting Old Cob, I gained some insight that I thought might hold a new meaning to the prophecy.

From the shadows I strike - This could refer to Old Cob escaping his prison amongst his 'shadow things'

And the skies will fall - Morganthe falling through the skies, after an immense force caused by her overwhelming herself by using the power of the Song of Creation and the Shadow Web.

It seems like Old Cob was destined to help destroy Morganthe, almost as if she was on obstacle in his way to accomplish some sort of goal we haven't found out yet. This could be nothing and the prophecy could be finished, but I would really like all of your inputs.

See you in the Spiral

Adam Windwielder Lvl 100

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
3831
I think you're closer with the second interpretation, but the one striking from the shadows wasn't Cob, it was US. We are the chosen one in the prophecy. Morganthe thought she was chosen, so did some of the Aracna mages. Cob will obviously factor in to the next arc, but I really don't see him as a part of Morganthe's prophecy.

Survivor
May 25, 2012
20
We don't know where Morganthe learned the prophesy, she could have made it up, Old Cob could have taught it to her. Morganthe could have imprisoned Old Cob to be like "You've taught me the prophesy, now you're useless" kind of thing. Though, it is possible Morganthe took it the wrong way.

Benjamin Icecrafter, lvl 100,

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
3831
candle2011 on Jun 4, 2014 wrote:
We don't know where Morganthe learned the prophesy, she could have made it up, Old Cob could have taught it to her. Morganthe could have imprisoned Old Cob to be like "You've taught me the prophesy, now you're useless" kind of thing. Though, it is possible Morganthe took it the wrong way.

Benjamin Icecrafter, lvl 100,
Grandmother Raven imprisoned Old Cob actually, making it even more unlikely that Cob had anything to do with the Prophecy or teaching it to Morganthe. I think it's far more likely that Morganthe was just an obsticle in his way and we were a useful tool for eliminating a common enemy.

Survivor
Mar 12, 2012
20
Morganthe wasn't the original keeper of the prophecy, the Arachna Magi were, and if you would remember the third memory in the chambers of the mind instance, you'd see that she only became queen of the shadow web due to the Arachna magi discovering her and believing her to be the one of the prophecy

Mastermind
Jun 30, 2009
339
To everyone that posted,

From what I am reading here, is it possible that Old Cob will become the enemy of the 3rd Arc? Its not like a double-cross has happened before, but KI did help me understand from the 2nd memory of Morganthe in Radiance Reborn that she was the one who struck out against Malistaire and Ambrose after losing her Deck of Shadows (and even had Sergeant Skull-Splitter present when she killed Sylvia,, since he mockingly says "its a shame how she died", as if he had some insight on the specifics).

That would also tie in nicely with him becoming the Dark Servant, since Malistaire had scolded Morganthe for jeopardizing Wizard City by her ways, that he and Sylvia had to clean up after her (if this was what KI did, it was a perfect way of using Morganthe's anger).

Regarding Old Cob, it seems like an enemy that knows all of our tricks would be a change, since in the real world, nations that have been allied top others and then turned attacked the nation assisting them would be a nice twist.

Timothy Pearlflower, Exalted Ice

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2011
304
Promethean oxnhors... on Jul 10, 2014 wrote:
To everyone that posted,

From what I am reading here, is it possible that Old Cob will become the enemy of the 3rd Arc? Its not like a double-cross has happened before, but KI did help me understand from the 2nd memory of Morganthe in Radiance Reborn that she was the one who struck out against Malistaire and Ambrose after losing her Deck of Shadows (and even had Sergeant Skull-Splitter present when she killed Sylvia,, since he mockingly says "its a shame how she died", as if he had some insight on the specifics).

That would also tie in nicely with him becoming the Dark Servant, since Malistaire had scolded Morganthe for jeopardizing Wizard City by her ways, that he and Sylvia had to clean up after her (if this was what KI did, it was a perfect way of using Morganthe's anger).

Regarding Old Cob, it seems like an enemy that knows all of our tricks would be a change, since in the real world, nations that have been allied top others and then turned attacked the nation assisting them would be a nice twist.

Timothy Pearlflower, Exalted Ice
I don't think Morganthe even had a hand in the death of Sylvia Drake, she simply died of a very nasty cold I'm pretty sure from the 2nd of Morganthe's Memory, Ambrose took away her original spell deck and not her Deck of Shadows (though is it possible). If it wasn't her Deck of Shadows then when the Council of Light defeated her in Zafaria (way before we even came into the Spiral) they buried her Deck of Shadows in her sunken tower. And it would make sense that Malistaire was risen from peace from death and became Morganthe's Dark Servant as revenge for what he did to her back when she was in Ravenwood.

Mastermind
Jun 30, 2009
339
Megan Frostflame on Jul 11, 2014 wrote:
I don't think Morganthe even had a hand in the death of Sylvia Drake, she simply died of a very nasty cold I'm pretty sure from the 2nd of Morganthe's Memory, Ambrose took away her original spell deck and not her Deck of Shadows (though is it possible). If it wasn't her Deck of Shadows then when the Council of Light defeated her in Zafaria (way before we even came into the Spiral) they buried her Deck of Shadows in her sunken tower. And it would make sense that Malistaire was risen from peace from death and became Morganthe's Dark Servant as revenge for what he did to her back when she was in Ravenwood.
Megan,

After winning the battle Ambrose specifically demands that she give up her wand and Deck of Shadows, for the damage she had caused everyone in Wizard City, and then is expelled from Ravenwood.

Also from the dream and your reference to Zafaria, it seems as if the original leaders of the four major animals made a pact with Ambrose and the Council of Light to protect the Deck of Shadows, so that Morganthe could not ever get her hands on it, and the Council gave the 4 golden items to the tribes, which bonded to their spirits, much like the Sword of Kings becomes bonded with ours (Letters of Light quest, Avalon when we are sent to ask Artorius to join the Council).

And as for Sylvia, this would explain why Sylvia's friend in Olde Town is wondering how Sergeant Skull-Splitter got his hands on the scrapbook of memories we had to retrieve. Also, the only thing that Malistaire loved more than Death, was Sylvia; and with her dead and the unworthy Moolinda Wu called from Mooshu not feeling honored to replace Sylvia, it helps fuel Malistaire's anger in causing so much damage in the first arc turning over every single scrap of magic that could be used in bringing her back from the dead.

Timothy Pearlflower, Exalted Ice

Survivor
Dec 22, 2011
2
Promethean oxnhors... on Jul 14, 2014 wrote:
Megan,

After winning the battle Ambrose specifically demands that she give up her wand and Deck of Shadows, for the damage she had caused everyone in Wizard City, and then is expelled from Ravenwood.

Also from the dream and your reference to Zafaria, it seems as if the original leaders of the four major animals made a pact with Ambrose and the Council of Light to protect the Deck of Shadows, so that Morganthe could not ever get her hands on it, and the Council gave the 4 golden items to the tribes, which bonded to their spirits, much like the Sword of Kings becomes bonded with ours (Letters of Light quest, Avalon when we are sent to ask Artorius to join the Council).

And as for Sylvia, this would explain why Sylvia's friend in Olde Town is wondering how Sergeant Skull-Splitter got his hands on the scrapbook of memories we had to retrieve. Also, the only thing that Malistaire loved more than Death, was Sylvia; and with her dead and the unworthy Moolinda Wu called from Mooshu not feeling honored to replace Sylvia, it helps fuel Malistaire's anger in causing so much damage in the first arc turning over every single scrap of magic that could be used in bringing her back from the dead.

Timothy Pearlflower, Exalted Ice
Morganth might come back to the spiral stronger wand, deck and health. maybe old cob will revive her somehow and give her a better deck than the deck of shadows we will need to wait till the next part of the game till then you can help people and rank up in pvp for more fun.

Justin 75 storm

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2011
304
kevin231f on Jul 15, 2014 wrote:
Morganth might come back to the spiral stronger wand, deck and health. maybe old cob will revive her somehow and give her a better deck than the deck of shadows we will need to wait till the next part of the game till then you can help people and rank up in pvp for more fun.

Justin 75 storm
Most likely Morganthe will come back like Malistaire in the Third Story Arc or the next, or maybe in the coming ones after those. In my opinion IF Old Cob is the next villain of the game I don't really see Morganthe playing a good part in it unless she's one of Old Cob's Spider Henchmen.

Mastermind
Jun 30, 2009
339
Megan Frostflame on Jul 15, 2014 wrote:
Most likely Morganthe will come back like Malistaire in the Third Story Arc or the next, or maybe in the coming ones after those. In my opinion IF Old Cob is the next villain of the game I don't really see Morganthe playing a good part in it unless she's one of Old Cob's Spider Henchmen.
Megan and Kevin,

We have no idea what exactly Old Cob is, maybe a Black Widow Spider; but if the ending of the 3rd Arc reflects the last 2, chances are we will be battling the Shadow Morganthe and possibly Old Cob as well, with Archmage Locran or other new enemies.

I think Old Cob will be the next Arc enemy since he sought to send his spider children. to worlds throughout the Spiral including Emperya, Mirage and Polaris.

Kinda disappointed that Sardonyx and other places haven't changed like Part 1 when we save Sophia Darkside and then defeated her to learn Shadow Magic.

Timothy Pearlflower, Exalted Ice