Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Morganth drops need to be less luck based please

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 01, 2011
I have farmed almost or over 100 times of morganth and spent 16 thousand crowns on her chest to get 1 single amulet for my fire char since he is my only max level. I have not gotten for any school. I see people who get it on their first run and with horrible stats. I do pvp and morganth amulet is a key gear, its really hard without it and no matter how much effort i put in, i can never get the fire amulet from morganth. What i am asking to please stop it from being luck based because i seem to have none, no matter how many times i farm. Friends said try the chest, they got theirs on the second or third try. So i tried that using 16 thousand crowns and got nothing but complete junk and same gear that i got from her as drops which everyone always quicksells. I can't afford to spend buy and spend more crowns on her chest so i keep farming and yet everytime i keep getting nothing. I have spent countless hours and yet come out nothing but gear to quicksell that does not even sell for much. My other fire friend has also farmed with me a bit less and has got nothing. While you see these youtubers who as soon as they get a char to lvl 100, they get morganth amulet within a week. I am asking the admins to make the drop rates a bit more fair rather then just luck because i seem to have none where this is concerned. Since i do pvp, i want to have 300 block but without morganth i cannot and so basically if you do not have that everyone will critical on you as well you might say use conviction and i would but everyone in high rank 1v1 pvp is balance so they just aura pop.

Thanks for reading and considering this because farming morganth has seriously gotten so annoying to point where i think its impossible to get it for my fire char.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
I understand your frustration, and you argue passionately, but what would you suggest to remedy the situation? A set time you will get the desired equipment you seek? I don't see that working out very well at all. Morganthe items are very good, and are incredibly hard to obtain. This makes the risk (relentless farming), worth it to some, and others, not so much. If you take away the difficulty, the items desired become far less epic, and lose their meaning. Since you are having "bad luck" obtaining these, I would suggest a easier to obtain alternative. Though pvp is heavily dependent on gear, it is not required to have the absolute best for success.

Survivor
Oct 01, 2011
Intrepidatius on Jul 7, 2015 wrote:
I understand your frustration, and you argue passionately, but what would you suggest to remedy the situation? A set time you will get the desired equipment you seek? I don't see that working out very well at all. Morganthe items are very good, and are incredibly hard to obtain. This makes the risk (relentless farming), worth it to some, and others, not so much. If you take away the difficulty, the items desired become far less epic, and lose their meaning. Since you are having "bad luck" obtaining these, I would suggest a easier to obtain alternative. Though pvp is heavily dependent on gear, it is not required to have the absolute best for success.
You say "very hard to obtain", when people i know who barely come online get it on their first run of morganth and a friend i know who got on his second try of the chest. 1 of my friends has 3 pairs of the fire amulet. I can guarantee you none of them have farmed or tried hard as me. There is no other alternative, its either that or have no block in pvp. I only play this game for pvp, nothing else. I do not play for the storyline etc. When i cannot enjoy the only thing that i play for, you can expect me to put in a lot of time, I have done that and more and yet still have come out with nothing. Like not even exaggerating, not even jewels. Gear is required to have absolute success in pvp. At my rank 1300 and up, everyone base critical is 440 so can land very easily on a person with low block. And btw can no one else please bring pvp up again, not here to argue pvp, if you even read my first post, you would understand my true purpose which is a fairer way to get morganth amulet.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
Noah Firestone on Jul 9, 2015 wrote:
You say "very hard to obtain", when people i know who barely come online get it on their first run of morganth and a friend i know who got on his second try of the chest. 1 of my friends has 3 pairs of the fire amulet. I can guarantee you none of them have farmed or tried hard as me. There is no other alternative, its either that or have no block in pvp. I only play this game for pvp, nothing else. I do not play for the storyline etc. When i cannot enjoy the only thing that i play for, you can expect me to put in a lot of time, I have done that and more and yet still have come out with nothing. Like not even exaggerating, not even jewels. Gear is required to have absolute success in pvp. At my rank 1300 and up, everyone base critical is 440 so can land very easily on a person with low block. And btw can no one else please bring pvp up again, not here to argue pvp, if you even read my first post, you would understand my true purpose which is a fairer way to get morganth amulet.
Everything I said was correct, even if you don't like it. Morganthe gear is incredibly difficult to obtain, despite the few who get lucky. I assure you the "lucky" ones amount to a very small minority. That is the way luck works. Your post really amounts to nothing more than a tirade about how you didn't get, and its unfair that you didn't, and others did. The biggest problem though, is you suggested a system that is not based on luck, but something else. Yet you gave no suggestion about what it should be. I even questioned you about it, and you didn't respond. And also true to what I said, there are alternatives that will work, even if you don't want to pursue them. To quote a snippet from your last sentence, " my true purpose which is a fairer way to get morganthe amulet ". So, please enlighten us, what is this "fairer" way you are speaking of, yet so far have not described, even when asked?

Survivor
Jul 07, 2012
Well it would be fair if she dropped school specifics for a specific school. I have farmed her trying for the life amulet and have gotten balance amulet and anthem, 2 fire amulet and 2 storm amulets. Her drop rate is something like 1% of even dropping the amulets at all but then you have a 1/7 chance of even getting the correct school to win it. Those odds are just ridiculous.

Survivor
Feb 15, 2011
Once i started farming regularly for one week and i got balance ring(useless....) and ice amulet. The drop rate is horrible but i guess it's because its the best amulet in game. Eventually I just lost will to farm her because after 11 days of farming I got bored. Now I'm just doing it when I feel like it or I have to do her quest on a character(my storm got his athame first try so I guess that was lucky...)

I'd suggest you taking a break from it and dont do it too much because it can get too frustrating.

Survivor
Oct 01, 2011
Yea you post a very grate suggestion eric. Would be grate if we only got amulets for our school.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Someone posted a great suggestion on the Dorms a long time ago (about a previous area) that if you completed a dungeon a number of times you could "cash in" your tickets to purchase the equipment. The idea was that it was ran a lot of times (like 100 or more).

Now that Darkmoor type stats are appearing in Crowns required dungeons (One-Shots), a system like that is even more needed (since real money is now involved).

Survivor
Oct 01, 2011
Oran of Urz on Jul 14, 2015 wrote:
Someone posted a great suggestion on the Dorms a long time ago (about a previous area) that if you completed a dungeon a number of times you could "cash in" your tickets to purchase the equipment. The idea was that it was ran a lot of times (like 100 or more).

Now that Darkmoor type stats are appearing in Crowns required dungeons (One-Shots), a system like that is even more needed (since real money is now involved).
Yea know it would be really handy, since no one wants to spend money in a game that has no value for any reward back in the game. I had a feeling they would do this since they get a lot of money from those dungeons, and know they are making all the strong items in those dungeons alone on luck based farming. So basically making the entire game farming and so us spending more time and money in order to enjoy the game. Which is fine to extent but all the last few updates have been just that. If they are going to do that, your idea is good oran too

Survivor
Aug 02, 2011
I have farmed morganthe at least 50 times and i haven't gotten a single good thing from her. i am honestly starting to think i am wasting my time because no matter how many times i fight her she will never drop the thing i want. all i want is the life amulet. kingsisle can you please make the drops a little more common. because this is ridiculous.

Survivor
Jun 13, 2010
I've literally been farming morganthe for about 3 months straight and I'm starting to lose faith I will ever get my amulet. People who've joined at the very last round before we hit, and didn't do anything but watch have still gotten the amulet and I haven't; also the fact that you can get other schools amulet and it's still an incredibly rare drop that you would get any of them is insane. Would it be possible as to only allow it to drop your school amulet or for a day maybe increase drop rate? I would honestly appreciate anything you do to make the amulet easier to get even if it's not that much. Thx for reading this and considering any solution!

Defender
Oct 10, 2010
My Life Wizard has been at it for over six weeks, every day, I run 10 to 20 battles.
Not one amulet has dropped, and I know for sure the drop rate has changed.

I have the amulet for my Ice, Death, Balance, Myth, and Storm. I attained these
before the release of the Jewels and Star Jewels. The drop rate was much better
then. Now the drop rate is much lower, and 1% or even less may be about correct.

I agree, she should only drop the Amulet for your school, all Amulets should be changed
to a generic one in the drop-list. Once the generic one is going to drop for your wizard, it
should be changed to your school's amulet.

What is really adding to the waste of time, is the Wizard that join and don't have the
perfect team. They flee, leaving you to flee or fight a prolonged battle. Because they
flee, you cannot get anyone to help you by porting. Now, you have to wait for the timer
to reset so that you can quick join again.

In some cases, people join the battle and then won't join the fight. They just stand in the
back and troll, and then leave. Once Wizard did this over and over for almost a week, a huge
waste of time.
Even if you ignore that wizard, he can still join your fights, you have no way to stop it.
KI needs to look into both of these issue, as it's a huge waste of time.