Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Khrysalis should be solo-able without henchmen

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 02, 2009
73
My experiences as a solo gamer have been many over the years. I am an older gamer and have seen a lot of content and changes over the history of this game. There are many fights in Khrysalis that are designed to require more than one player. I have retained interest in the game despite my brother and my son losing theirs. I have some really good characters that I enjoy playing. My death wizard can solo most content in the game. I like to help others when they ask. I have a comment that the developers should consider. The team up option is limited and although a great idea it makes people *stop* questing and wait for other players. Rather the mobs should scale to the number of players entering. There are times when the server populations are light (non summer school days and other off peak times) I do switch realms often to crowded and hope that I manage to catch someone. The three or four mob/boss vs solo player should not be designed that way; players don't have 10k health.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
4933
Bucisfav on May 29, 2014 wrote:
My experiences as a solo gamer have been many over the years. I am an older gamer and have seen a lot of content and changes over the history of this game. There are many fights in Khrysalis that are designed to require more than one player. I have retained interest in the game despite my brother and my son losing theirs. I have some really good characters that I enjoy playing. My death wizard can solo most content in the game. I like to help others when they ask. I have a comment that the developers should consider. The team up option is limited and although a great idea it makes people *stop* questing and wait for other players. Rather the mobs should scale to the number of players entering. There are times when the server populations are light (non summer school days and other off peak times) I do switch realms often to crowded and hope that I manage to catch someone. The three or four mob/boss vs solo player should not be designed that way; players don't have 10k health.
I can go even further... ALL instances should be able to be played/won solo.

The biggest mistake any game can make is making it so we have to 1) spend money, or 2) depend on others to help to win any dungeon or instance. Those that did not heed this are gone.

I hope KI pays attention because there are a lot of people that have been around for years that are leaving, for this very reason. Losing your main customer base is not a good thing. Ever.

A+ Student
Jan 11, 2012
1680
Bucisfav on May 29, 2014 wrote:
My experiences as a solo gamer have been many over the years. I am an older gamer and have seen a lot of content and changes over the history of this game. There are many fights in Khrysalis that are designed to require more than one player. I have retained interest in the game despite my brother and my son losing theirs. I have some really good characters that I enjoy playing. My death wizard can solo most content in the game. I like to help others when they ask. I have a comment that the developers should consider. The team up option is limited and although a great idea it makes people *stop* questing and wait for other players. Rather the mobs should scale to the number of players entering. There are times when the server populations are light (non summer school days and other off peak times) I do switch realms often to crowded and hope that I manage to catch someone. The three or four mob/boss vs solo player should not be designed that way; players don't have 10k health.
surprisingly, this can be tied to the "remove cheating bosses from main line quests" thread quite nicely. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a challenge, but I DO feel the game should be soloable all along the way. it should only get harder if you have more people involved in the fight

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4115
RavenLady777 on May 29, 2014 wrote:
I can go even further... ALL instances should be able to be played/won solo.

The biggest mistake any game can make is making it so we have to 1) spend money, or 2) depend on others to help to win any dungeon or instance. Those that did not heed this are gone.

I hope KI pays attention because there are a lot of people that have been around for years that are leaving, for this very reason. Losing your main customer base is not a good thing. Ever.
They all can be done solo. Some are just very difficult to do solo with certain schools so teaming up is easier. Almost all successful MMORPG games have harder instances that make teaming up almost necessary. They are meant to be social/community games. That doesn't mean you can't do them solo or have to spend money to do them solo. If you fail, you try different tactics, gear, spells...

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
717
RavenLady777 on May 29, 2014 wrote:
I can go even further... ALL instances should be able to be played/won solo.

The biggest mistake any game can make is making it so we have to 1) spend money, or 2) depend on others to help to win any dungeon or instance. Those that did not heed this are gone.

I hope KI pays attention because there are a lot of people that have been around for years that are leaving, for this very reason. Losing your main customer base is not a good thing. Ever.
hear, hear!

Delver
Oct 11, 2010
270
Sadly the $ part is true for a good wand for survival in end game you need around 100 block 100 critical on that wand pack only type of gear, outside of that or jade if you choose anything else you dont really need to buy.

I did all of kh1 and kh2 solo on my death before i aquired a set of jade. its doable, i would hate to do it with any other school since just hoping your pet may cast is not always enough. If its anyhing outside of death hopefully you have a set of jade with around 70+ global resist 220+ block to all schools. on my death i have player made robe, boots and the hades hat plus the pack tiki wand sitting around 300 critical and block with 43 global resistance 95 damage. pet with proof defy pain fairy current. never was able to get death robe from hades to drop nor the 2 updates from morganthe. then my wizard would be amazing but wish in one hand and want in the other i guess. this game was like my 3rd job and i was not paid for it nor enjoying it anymore. mindless farming its become a pit of nothing.

Survivor
Mar 04, 2012
13
Having completed Khrysalis on 4 wizards. I must say that I only needed help once I reached the SAhadow palace. I think this world can be solo'd rather easily. What I see is that people utilize one set of gear and think that is all they need.

By simply utilizing ALL the gear available to you. I think you might fing many of these fights to be easy. Tes there are certain boss' that are difficult. But at this level I do not want "easy" fights.

Explorer
May 11, 2012
91
RavenLady777 on May 29, 2014 wrote:
I can go even further... ALL instances should be able to be played/won solo.

The biggest mistake any game can make is making it so we have to 1) spend money, or 2) depend on others to help to win any dungeon or instance. Those that did not heed this are gone.

I hope KI pays attention because there are a lot of people that have been around for years that are leaving, for this very reason. Losing your main customer base is not a good thing. Ever.
I agree with RavenLady 100% on this one. I WANT to be a solo player. I'm not saying that I don't quest with friends (sometimes I do-mostly because either I need help or they do), but if I want to be able to solo the game, I should be able to. Now, I know people are going to say that this is a MMO, and I shouldn't have started the game if I wanted a game that could be done solo. Well, why not? I came to this game because I love wizards and magic, not because it was a multi-player game. I think Wizard101 is unique in the MMO market. Unlike some other MMO games, Wizard101 can be made to be enjoyable for both people who want to solo and people who want to quest together. Think about it; when we are given our quests, how do the characters who give them to us address us? They say "Young wizard, YOU need to.....". They don't say "You and your group have to...." or "Go as a group and......". They address us as a solo player, so we should be able to solo the game.

RavenLady is right. A lot of people who have been around for years are starting to leave. I think that there are a lot more people on here who want to be able to solo the game then KI realizes. I know KI has many more chapters and adventures planned for this game, which is wonderful, but with the bosses and their minions getting ridiculously hard, and the dungeons dragging on for hours and hours, I wonder if we are starting to see the beginning of the end of Wizard101. I hope things change, because I would hate to see Wizard101 go the way of ToonTown and other games.

Autumn FairyDreamer Level 79

Defender
Nov 01, 2012
105
Its not that bad at all.The game is still doable by yourself..

Defender
Oct 22, 2012
133
Just wondering from the post's saying it's not bad or want a challenge did you all solo the last bosses there? With out henchmen?

Historian
Aug 18, 2011
656
I'm going through it now solo for the third time. Other than Galleries, and maybe the last Morganthe fight depending on your school and build, it isn't too bad. Having two instances that require help is not excessive in a multiplayer game.

Also, the Team Up feature works very well, especially on the final dungeons. I have been farming those and never had to wait more than a few minutes for a team.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4115
dune327 on May 30, 2014 wrote:
Just wondering from the post's saying it's not bad or want a challenge did you all solo the last bosses there? With out henchmen?
The final battles, the Gauntlet and Morganthe are difficult for most schools to solo. On my Myth I didn't have much problems alone. Storm I used a Life Henchman. Balance I teamed up.

Delver
Mar 05, 2013
241
My Balance Wizard is stuck on the Tree Root quest. I've tried teaming up several times, and only had one person show up to help. He was a Life Wizard, immediately charged into the battle without friending me for porting purposes, and proceeded to whine about how useless a Balance Wizard was in this instance. I had to agree.

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
403
valdushawkflame on Jun 8, 2014 wrote:
My Balance Wizard is stuck on the Tree Root quest. I've tried teaming up several times, and only had one person show up to help. He was a Life Wizard, immediately charged into the battle without friending me for porting purposes, and proceeded to whine about how useless a Balance Wizard was in this instance. I had to agree.
How is a balance wiz useless? Balance is brilliant for that fight. You have spirit shields, weakness, and unbalance - ideal defenses, the ability to buff both yourself and other players, and good all-enemies attacks.

Delver
Mar 05, 2013
241
Tell that to the person I teamed up with Dakota. For that particular battle, he and I, I had to agree, I was useless. Unfortunately he was even more useless.