Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Khrysalis Is Too Hard

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Feb 05, 2011
Hi everybody!
I recently started Khrysalis, and I am currently in Moon Cliffs. I can't believe I even got past the beginning of Khrysalis! The solo stuff at the beginning was so hard. The mobs were harder than the bosses! I know I am Life, and people might say that Life is a weak school. I am a very good Life attacker, and people underestimate Life too much. Anyways, I was doing strong attacks, when, "Oh no! The Storm Spider mobs used Levy!". And all my blades are removed. This has happened multiple times to me, and I finally finished the Solo Quests. I thought that was the worst part of Khrysalis, but man, was I wrong! The bosses are overpowered, and the quests are too hard. I was told that it gets easier later on, but I don't think so. I don't think it's just because I'm Life. I used to be able to solo a lot of quests, but now I always need help. Please reply and tell me some tips on attacks and if the quests get easier. On mob fights, I usually do Forest Lord with a lot of blades, but apparently the Myth mobs use earthquake. I can't solo boss fights, because the boss defeats me right before I'm about to do a strong attack. Anyways, let me know about how hard Khrysalis is, and if it gets easier later on. Thanks!
~Jared Shadowbreaker, Level 93 Life

Explorer
Jun 04, 2011
Hey Jared!

First of all, I agree with you that the solo parts in the beginning of Khrysalis are pretty tough. Even though I'm storm and should be able to hit hard, by the time I got around to attacking, I was pretty much killed. It's good that you got through that, however. My strategy for part one of Khrysalis was to find someone else to work with. That's always the way to go, because two is so much better than one. If you can't find someone to work with, then just keep doing what you're doing for mob fights. Myth mobs can earthquake, but if you get your hits off quick, that shouldn't be a problem. Also, get some good critical gear for street fights. If you can critical, they shouldn't block too often and that will make the fight much faster and easier. For bosses, it is VERY hard to solo them. Being on the other side of the school scale as you, even I can't solo the bosses without a tank in front to blade me and take hits for me. Again, I recommend you find a friend or someone in Khrysalis to help you with bosses. Overall though, doing Khryalis part one with a friend is the best way to go. It's not so hard if you team tackle everything!

Let me know if I helped with anything

Mackenzie Stormblade Lvl. 98 Promethean Diviner

Explorer
Feb 12, 2012
Jared Shadowbreake... on Jun 28, 2014 wrote:
Hi everybody!
I recently started Khrysalis, and I am currently in Moon Cliffs. I can't believe I even got past the beginning of Khrysalis! The solo stuff at the beginning was so hard. The mobs were harder than the bosses! I know I am Life, and people might say that Life is a weak school. I am a very good Life attacker, and people underestimate Life too much. Anyways, I was doing strong attacks, when, "Oh no! The Storm Spider mobs used Levy!". And all my blades are removed. This has happened multiple times to me, and I finally finished the Solo Quests. I thought that was the worst part of Khrysalis, but man, was I wrong! The bosses are overpowered, and the quests are too hard. I was told that it gets easier later on, but I don't think so. I don't think it's just because I'm Life. I used to be able to solo a lot of quests, but now I always need help. Please reply and tell me some tips on attacks and if the quests get easier. On mob fights, I usually do Forest Lord with a lot of blades, but apparently the Myth mobs use earthquake. I can't solo boss fights, because the boss defeats me right before I'm about to do a strong attack. Anyways, let me know about how hard Khrysalis is, and if it gets easier later on. Thanks!
~Jared Shadowbreaker, Level 93 Life
If you are attempting a solo that could be a problem. Worlds after Dragonspyre are almost impossible to do solo from my experience..

A tip for the blades, wait until after they use up their Earthquake card to start blading, it may take a bit longer, but the way I see it it's worth a bit of extra time if it helps you win. Of course, they may be able to Earthquake more than once, so here's what I'd suggest: Enchant cards, use powerful damage gear, organize your deck so that you can blade quickly, and that should help.

Explorer
Feb 05, 2011
Thanks for your feedback! I am doing Khrysalis with a friend, and it is going by fast. We are already in Fort Rachias! Again, thank you for the advice!
~Jared Shadowbreaker, Level 98 Life
"See ya in the Spiral!"

Mastermind
Dec 05, 2012
khrysalis is not too hard. you may just need help and when you get to be a higher level you can't expect stuff to be that easy. besides, near the end the toughness dies down a little.

blaze deathward lvl 100 ( exalted pyromancer )

Survivor
Feb 10, 2013
I find khrysalis most creepy but as long as I get the xp I need boris thunderstaff rank thirdteen