Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I'd stop complaining about how easy the world is..

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 30, 2011
39
Azteca was completely a NIGHTMARE, well, maybe another word um.. IT WAS HARD, OKAY!? Plus, this is only HALF of the world, every world really does need to start easy and get gradually harder. None of us notices this until now because once again, this is PART ONE. Part two may be easier but as I stated before, it may be a bad thing.

Defender
Mar 30, 2010
175
Beautifulmonkey on Jan 30, 2014 wrote:
Azteca was completely a NIGHTMARE, well, maybe another word um.. IT WAS HARD, OKAY!? Plus, this is only HALF of the world, every world really does need to start easy and get gradually harder. None of us notices this until now because once again, this is PART ONE. Part two may be easier but as I stated before, it may be a bad thing.
"I'd stop complaining about how easy the world is.."

Why? It is easy. Entirely too easy. So easy I fell asleep in a few mob battles for several rounds and woke up a few minutes later and finished them.

Everybody was complaining about the Alto section, and those fire minions. A fire wizard didn't even need a prism before the difficulty reduction. It really is easy if you have even mediocre resist.

Khrysalis doesn't seem like it was ready when it was released. I think Level 60 or 70 wizards could complete the mobs in Khrysalis pretty easily. They probably wouldn't need the waterworks gear either.

So the mobs better get a little bit harder. Most of the world they're about as hard as Dragonspyre mobs.

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
717
I agree with the OP.

Azteca was too hard.

Khrysalis was FUN again! I could enjoy the play and the storyline and the artistry because I was not stuck in endless boring slogging battles. Save the crazy hard fights for optional dungeons and optional side quests. The level of difficulty and the flow of Khrysalis are back to the earlier balance that made the first arc so delightful. And it's about time!

Khryalis is not too easy. It is great. Keep this kind of balance and enjoyment as we move forward. This game is a great, story-driven, family-fun experience, not a hack-and-slash brawl. Thanks KI for returning Khrysalis to the promise of earlier worlds, and getting it Right again! Khrysalis 2 does not have to be harder; it just needs continuity with the great experience Khrysalis 1 is.

Keep the crazy hard play for those who like it, but keep it in optional side-quests, optional dungeons, and PVP. Let the main storyline be enjoyable for everyone!

Defender
Mar 30, 2010
175
Khrysalis is so easy I fell asleep in battle and woke up and was still alive and won easily. Sorry but I completely disagree this world is so easy it's boring.

I have to laugh at any adult that could not get past the old Azteca. Really? Young children managed to. That's says good things for our future because there are some really smart kids that play this game. Well done everyone that didn't complain and made it through the moderately difficult old world.

Defender
Jan 31, 2010
119
ViciousVenomousVix... on Feb 21, 2014 wrote:
Khrysalis is so easy I fell asleep in battle and woke up and was still alive and won easily. Sorry but I completely disagree this world is so easy it's boring.

I have to laugh at any adult that could not get past the old Azteca. Really? Young children managed to. That's says good things for our future because there are some really smart kids that play this game. Well done everyone that didn't complain and made it through the moderately difficult old world.
Harsh.... BUT SO TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is pathetic if you couldn't get past Azteca before the reduction.... I had a tough time, thought about giving up once or twice, but focus, power and skills (and a little friend help as well ;D) got me through... Best thing to do when your stuck? Realm hop the busiest realms in hopes of finding an empty battle with someone who is at the same point as you! I for one, appreciated the decreased difficulty with Khrysalis Part 1... It allowed me to actually enjoy the world... I wish every world were this easy, but I know it won't be... My storm character is making excellent progress through Zafaria in hopes of reaching and completing Khrysalis Part 1 before the release of Part 2....

Historian
May 06, 2009
630
ViciousVenomousVix... on Feb 10, 2014 wrote:
"I'd stop complaining about how easy the world is.."

Why? It is easy. Entirely too easy. So easy I fell asleep in a few mob battles for several rounds and woke up a few minutes later and finished them.

Everybody was complaining about the Alto section, and those fire minions. A fire wizard didn't even need a prism before the difficulty reduction. It really is easy if you have even mediocre resist.

Khrysalis doesn't seem like it was ready when it was released. I think Level 60 or 70 wizards could complete the mobs in Khrysalis pretty easily. They probably wouldn't need the waterworks gear either.

So the mobs better get a little bit harder. Most of the world they're about as hard as Dragonspyre mobs.
You should stop because you've taken it to death more than it needs to. Why skin a pig more when the skin's already peeled off?

And what about the bosses and mini-dungeons then, Vicious? There's more to Khrysalis than the mobs. I hope you understand that.

Yes, the world starts off pretty simple, which is a Hardcore player's bane. However, had you woken up from your boredom, you would notice that the world get's progressively harder; gradually. Mobs start off with 3 pips and pretty managable, or "finger-flicks" for the challenge-cravers. In the beginning, you fight many regular 2v1 boss fights and simple 2v1 battles. Great, nothing to really loose a head over. As the world goes on, especially after Last Wood, more 3v1 boss fights open up to the player. Ok, that's new. This become the norm throughout most of the world as most instances beyond that have 3v1's. Then mobs move from 3 pips to 4 pips as you get closer to Fort Rachias and more 4v1 fights (mob only or containing 1 boss) appear within in instances. The elite Broken Stump mobs in Tyrian Gorge have over 5k health and start with 5 pips, and, following the trend, more mobs in Part 2 are bound to have that power.

At the end of Fort Rachias, there are only 4v1 battles and mobs use 4 pips and have between 4-5K health. One instance contained a 2 boss and 2 mob 4v1 fight. Leaving off of what Fort Rachias had, Part 2 of Khrysalis will not be easy like Hardcore players keep complaining about. It's going to be a little more rough and mobs will be more resentful. It'll be, or close to be, pre-Azteca all over again. And that's not a bad thing seeing how Part 1 prepared Wizards.

I think all worlds past Khrysalis should have this format. Easy at first to being very hard near the end. That way there's a balance between groups of players. It's better to have more wizards getting to go through an easy area and a few players hate it, than a few wizards traverse it and most players hate it.

All in all, I think you should have more faith in KI. I think it's apparent that a split Part 1 and 2 world concept is not your cup of tea because you might get the short end of the stick with the first Part note being challenging enough or too challenging. But I think this lay out would be more favorable to KI than having Part 1 really hard and then Part 2 real easy. You'd end the story saying "It sucked!" rather than "It really challenged me!" And it's really all about end results, in my opinion.

Khrysalis Part 2 will be a lot harder, really picking up I would say around Starfall Sea to the Iron Gates. Wait and see.

Survivor
Aug 05, 2010
2
Beautifulmonkey on Jan 30, 2014 wrote:
Azteca was completely a NIGHTMARE, well, maybe another word um.. IT WAS HARD, OKAY!? Plus, this is only HALF of the world, every world really does need to start easy and get gradually harder. None of us notices this until now because once again, this is PART ONE. Part two may be easier but as I stated before, it may be a bad thing.
I think level for level, khrysalis,so far has been the easiest world.

Tyler Duneblade (95)

Mastermind
Jun 01, 2009
307
Yeah, Khrysalis was quite easy (with the exception of some horrific bosses) for most people, although for some it was harder because of school or gear. I quite enjoyed Khrysalis because they really payed attention to beautiful scenery, music, and dialogue, rather than making a ton of cheat bosses. Azteca had good scenery too, and the music was awesome, but the scenery just didn't have that spark that Khrysalis gives. I love the improvement in detail and color, and can't wait for the next part. It'll most likely be more challenging, and hopefully I'm up for the challenge (hopefully those mice come along again too. They probably will, 'cuz in the Khrysalis p2 pic of those people, there were some new mice...) And I agree that we shouldn't complain about easiness. Complaining about easiness just doesn't make sense to me. First they're complaining about the difficulty of Azteca, and then complaining it's too easy in Khrysalis next. Maybe in p2 we'll find a balance everybody likes. Hopefully. I'm not sure it's possible, though, because some of us are hardcore gamers and some aren't. Ah, well.

-Jasmine Owltalon, level 95 myth

Defender
Mar 30, 2010
175
Thank you, Tyler. It has been for sure.

Delver
Mar 05, 2013
241
Not to change the subject, but if you fall asleep while you're playing a game you're probably gaming too much and need to go to bed. Although it is possible that there is subliminal hypnosis inserted into the video here. If so, I'm evidently immune to it.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4117
valdushawkflame on Mar 5, 2014 wrote:
Not to change the subject, but if you fall asleep while you're playing a game you're probably gaming too much and need to go to bed. Although it is possible that there is subliminal hypnosis inserted into the video here. If so, I'm evidently immune to it.
If you were playing too much you would finish Part 1 long before you fell asleep. It was so easy it only takes part of a day. Maybe a weekend if you made it into the world part way through the day.

Champion
Jul 04, 2012
496
Your right Azteca was a complete nightmare. Khrysalis is sort of easy. But really, its like the first arc again :D Everytime I play with my lower wizards, I love it cause all of them are in the first arc. But Celestia-Azteca was just terrible. It was still enjoyable, and i liked the game still, but really. Its nice to have a bit of first arc-ness back. But think about it: Were beating Morganthe in part 2. It is going to be CRAZY. I don't even wanna know how much cheats and how much health she'll have. I guarantee it will be just like Azteca, a NIGHTMARE. So i would stop complaining if I were you- its going to get really hard. We have no idea what's coming in the second part of Khryalis (Which, btw, were kind of past the "Early 2014" thing, just saying) and the third arc will bring. You need to enjoy it while you can. Just think of it like your back in the first arc. Remember when we were in wizard city and they built the characters specially so they'd be quite easy to beat? I think they are getting you ready- for the hugely intense battle against Morganthe. I already know Khryalis part 2 will be insane, maybe thats why its in two parts. So my solution to this is to enjoy it and stop complaining and enjoy the feeling of power (trust me, its quite an awesome feeling, like your in wizard city or krokotopia or marleybone or mooshu or dragonspyre again) while you can and don't complain more cause they'll do what they did to Azteca and make it more challenging to make us happy, but it really just adds extra stress to what is already building up inside us for real life purposes. I hope this helped some of you understand that its a really good thing that Khrysalis part 1 is easy ( and btw, Ghost Dog IS hard, and he IS the final boss. Just keep that in mind.) So i hope this helped have a good day and cya in the spiral :D

Angela Gem, level 93

Katie GoldFountain, Level 44

Kaitlyn Glade, Level 24

Nicole StarSmith, Level 22

Christina SumerWraith, Level 12

Bye :D

Delver
Mar 05, 2013
241
People who complain about things being too easy are forgetting one thing. There are all kinds of different people playing here, and KingsIsle has to walk a delicate line to make things appealing to all, not just the 'hardcore gamers', whatever that means. There are many different skill sets people acquire throughout their lives, and competence at video gaming is just one of them, and quite frankly not a very important one. So you found something here easier than you expected. Deal with it. Bragging and thumping your 'hardcore gamer' chest only makes you look small. In terms of skill sets, gaming skill doesn't measure up to skills like finishing college, getting an advanced degree, getting a good job, keeping a good job, or raising a family. To name a few. And as far as smart kids being here I totally agree. I'm sure a few of them are over achievers and actually earn the money it takes to be able to play here. But I'm also sure the overwhelming majority of them are using Mommy and/or Daddy's money to play. And I don't really understand where the fact that little kids succeeding here where adults struggle says anything about the future of our society. All it says is that there are little kids who are good at gaming, and adults who aren't as good. Honestly. Get your priorities straight.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4117
valdushawkflame on Mar 6, 2014 wrote:
People who complain about things being too easy are forgetting one thing. There are all kinds of different people playing here, and KingsIsle has to walk a delicate line to make things appealing to all, not just the 'hardcore gamers', whatever that means. There are many different skill sets people acquire throughout their lives, and competence at video gaming is just one of them, and quite frankly not a very important one. So you found something here easier than you expected. Deal with it. Bragging and thumping your 'hardcore gamer' chest only makes you look small. In terms of skill sets, gaming skill doesn't measure up to skills like finishing college, getting an advanced degree, getting a good job, keeping a good job, or raising a family. To name a few. And as far as smart kids being here I totally agree. I'm sure a few of them are over achievers and actually earn the money it takes to be able to play here. But I'm also sure the overwhelming majority of them are using Mommy and/or Daddy's money to play. And I don't really understand where the fact that little kids succeeding here where adults struggle says anything about the future of our society. All it says is that there are little kids who are good at gaming, and adults who aren't as good. Honestly. Get your priorities straight.
Skills honed and learned by playing video games actually do measure up and improve performance in work and school. Games improve memory, logic, hand-eye coordination, organization, spacial awareness, resource/financial management, teamwork, problem solving, creativity, reaction times, multitasking, math, history, reading... They also provide healthy release of tension and agression. Quite frankly all of those skills are very important factors in every "skill" that you mentioned. You separate it completely from skills such as "finishing college". Is it also your assumption that people who play games are somehow less successful at finishing college, getting an advanced degree, getting a good job, keeping a good job, or raising a family. I would really love to see a study showing that, since all studies have shown the exact opposite. Get your facts straight.

Delver
Mar 05, 2013
241
Seethe your post has nothing to do with what I stated. Once again you've taken the contrary opinion and decided to be argumentative and missed the point. Take each skill set on it's own and measure it against it's relative worth to society and let me know what's more valuable. I was pointing out that gaming skills on their own are not a worthwhile skill set. They might be a part of another aggregate skill set, and in fact I'm sure they are. I'm a gamer my friend, and have some skills in that area, now why would I mock them in toto? But when I see someone stating that little kids finished a game where adults had a problem with, I have to dissect that and point out the obvious, which I did. Those facts have nothing to do with the future of society as a whole. Read my entire post and apply the principles of logic.
Now let's get to the nib. If you need to hire a plumber, do you call one and ask him immediately 'What level did you get to in Zelda?' I'd guess no. If you're let's say, a business person hiring employees how many questions on the employee application would be related to gaming? Ok, none, unless they were applying for a job in the gaming industry.
Here's one thing I find fascinating. All over these message boards the term 'hardcore gamer' comes up. I wondered what that meant. Of course noone had an answer because it's ridiculous. You hardcore gamers don't even know what you're calling yourselves. The term hardcore refers to 2 things. Pornography is one. The other is to describe someone as 'intensely loyal'. In this thread and many others people seem to think it means 'competent' or 'expert'.
I'm not mocking gaming. Only people who think gaming skills make them special or better than others, as is evident in posts in this thread. I have my facts straight, and my English skills straight as well. How many 'hardcore gamers' can say the same?
I never stated gaming skills were useless. If that was all you could do, you'd starve.

Defender
Mar 30, 2010
175
valdushawkflame on Mar 8, 2014 wrote:
Seethe your post has nothing to do with what I stated. Once again you've taken the contrary opinion and decided to be argumentative and missed the point. Take each skill set on it's own and measure it against it's relative worth to society and let me know what's more valuable. I was pointing out that gaming skills on their own are not a worthwhile skill set. They might be a part of another aggregate skill set, and in fact I'm sure they are. I'm a gamer my friend, and have some skills in that area, now why would I mock them in toto? But when I see someone stating that little kids finished a game where adults had a problem with, I have to dissect that and point out the obvious, which I did. Those facts have nothing to do with the future of society as a whole. Read my entire post and apply the principles of logic.
Now let's get to the nib. If you need to hire a plumber, do you call one and ask him immediately 'What level did you get to in Zelda?' I'd guess no. If you're let's say, a business person hiring employees how many questions on the employee application would be related to gaming? Ok, none, unless they were applying for a job in the gaming industry.
Here's one thing I find fascinating. All over these message boards the term 'hardcore gamer' comes up. I wondered what that meant. Of course noone had an answer because it's ridiculous. You hardcore gamers don't even know what you're calling yourselves. The term hardcore refers to 2 things. Pornography is one. The other is to describe someone as 'intensely loyal'. In this thread and many others people seem to think it means 'competent' or 'expert'.
I'm not mocking gaming. Only people who think gaming skills make them special or better than others, as is evident in posts in this thread. I have my facts straight, and my English skills straight as well. How many 'hardcore gamers' can say the same?
I never stated gaming skills were useless. If that was all you could do, you'd starve.
Actually, seethe is right.

You Valdus did state gaming skills are not important. I just read it, lol.

Re-read your post from March 6th.

Games are a great way for people to exercise their brain.

I like to play chess as well. Are you telling me I can't keep my mind sharp from playing a game like that?

Some peole make a living off of creating games or testing them out for companies.

A LOT of $ can be made playing games sometimes.

Just because something is a game doesn't mean there is no educational value.

You see something as a game and right away say there is nothing to learn from that because it is a "game."

As far as keeping the balanced for everyone. Yes, I realize that, but it's also advertised as game for Kids - Adults, which means not everything should be casting Rank 1 and 2 spells at me every round when I'm a Promethean Wizard.

You cannot get to Promethean level on this game without learning a few things no matter how smart someone is or isn't.

Also why assume it's just because the kids have their parents money to spend crowns?

I've seen A LOT of high level wizards with not one single piece of crowns gear, fighting in the later worlds, questing on their own.

Most times (most people can anyway) you can tell almost right away by speech whether someone is a child or adult.

Sure some of the kids are getting the crowns and stuff frequently, but they all aren't.

Besides the crown gear stuff in the crown shop isn't all that great, as most people know this.

I'm telling you Valdus the kids on this game you underestimate, and I do too sometimes.

I haven't even touched based on the math skill practice people can get with this game. That should be abundantly obvious to everyone.

I agree with Seethe on this like I said.

Valdus, you have no clue and I hope most adults don't think of this game in the terms that you, because you're missing the big picture so much, it's not even funny.

And your last line on the quote I copied.

Even if someone only had gaming skills, they would not starve either. Are you being honestly serious, Valdus?

Valdus, you seem to think you are better than people like seethe and myself because we can look at something for what it is, and because we have an opinion that's different than yours, you simply cannot see what we are talking about.

Nobody thinks "gaming skills" (as you disdainfully call it) make them a BETTER person than others.

At least not me. Do I think I know more than the AVERAGE player about the game? Yes
Do I think I know the most about the game more than anyone? No
Do I think I'm a better pesron because I like to play games vs. someone who doesn't? No
Do I enjoy playing games and think they help keep my mind fresh and active? Absolutely
Do I think people are silly who CLAIM NO benefit from games (other than fun)? Yes, very silly, lol

Have I made this post too long? Most certainly

Thanks if you did read it lol

*Tags seethe into ring*

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4117
valdushawkflame on Mar 8, 2014 wrote:
Seethe your post has nothing to do with what I stated. Once again you've taken the contrary opinion and decided to be argumentative and missed the point. Take each skill set on it's own and measure it against it's relative worth to society and let me know what's more valuable. I was pointing out that gaming skills on their own are not a worthwhile skill set. They might be a part of another aggregate skill set, and in fact I'm sure they are. I'm a gamer my friend, and have some skills in that area, now why would I mock them in toto? But when I see someone stating that little kids finished a game where adults had a problem with, I have to dissect that and point out the obvious, which I did. Those facts have nothing to do with the future of society as a whole. Read my entire post and apply the principles of logic.
Now let's get to the nib. If you need to hire a plumber, do you call one and ask him immediately 'What level did you get to in Zelda?' I'd guess no. If you're let's say, a business person hiring employees how many questions on the employee application would be related to gaming? Ok, none, unless they were applying for a job in the gaming industry.
Here's one thing I find fascinating. All over these message boards the term 'hardcore gamer' comes up. I wondered what that meant. Of course noone had an answer because it's ridiculous. You hardcore gamers don't even know what you're calling yourselves. The term hardcore refers to 2 things. Pornography is one. The other is to describe someone as 'intensely loyal'. In this thread and many others people seem to think it means 'competent' or 'expert'.
I'm not mocking gaming. Only people who think gaming skills make them special or better than others, as is evident in posts in this thread. I have my facts straight, and my English skills straight as well. How many 'hardcore gamers' can say the same?
I never stated gaming skills were useless. If that was all you could do, you'd starve.
First of all, yes there careers outside of the gaming industry that use games to test skills and apptitude. Pilots are an obvious example. Surgeons are a less obvious one. Your final statement is true of ANY skill. If you can only do one thing well, of course you'd fail at everything else. My point was that gaming skills apply to many sets of real life skills. The only people using the term "hardcore gamer" are people who clearly don't consider themselves that. It's used mostly as an insult by people who are less competent at games. I haven't seen any threads or posts of people proudly thumping the title of "hardcore gamer". By your own logic, how many jobs ask you "Were you successful in raising a family?" When you hire a plumber, do you ask him whether he has a degree in Family Planning or Social Work? No I didn't think so. It's a strawman argument.

Delver
Mar 05, 2013
241
Vicious I did not say gaming skills weren't important. I said that they weren't very important in the context of comparing them to other skills. I never underestimated kids. In fact, I agreed that there were some smart kids that were gaming here. I did say that just because there were some smart kids who were good at gaming was no reason to feel good about the future of our society. I stand by that. They better be good at something else as well. I agree that games are a great way to exercise your brain. I never stated otherwise. I never mentioned chess. Please don't put words in my mouth. I never said people didn't make a living creating or testing games. I never said games had no educational value. I don't think I'm smarter than you and seethe. I never stated that either. Once again, you're putting words in my mouth. I see what you're both talking about, and if you look closely I defended gaming. I think you're a little bit defensive about anyone with an opinion different than yours. Near the end of your post you implied that people who believed gaming had no benefits were silly. I hope that wasn't aimed at me, because I clearly never stated that gaming had no benefits. I just attempted to put things in perspective. Maybe my argument was a bit too nuanced. Anyways, I have nothing against you or seethe, or any other gamer. I guess we can agree to disagree. We'll have to, as I am not going to waste any more of my time or KingsIsle's bandwidth arguing with you two. It's pointless.

Explorer
Feb 13, 2011
69
Oh, please do not complain. After all this is supposed to be a kid’s game. What the youngest members of my family like best is being independent. I went through the whole land with no help and loved it. This is the first time I have had fun playing the game in a long time. Sometimes it felt like less work to do the dishes or go to school than play the game.
The last few lands took too long to do a battle. Talk about falling asleep. When dungeons take two hours I feel defeated when I use up all my playtime on one or two battles. I don’t feel like I am getting anywhere.
Two of my six family members quit after Celestia. Only the adults stayed with the game. Again it is supposed to be a kid’s game.
Also, I liked having the game only go up five levels.
Great story line and even had a helper. lol
Thanks for listening,
mattie1010

Delver
Dec 30, 2012
277
I must agree. The world is enjoyable again.
Azteca was nerfed before I started it but from what I heard, it was a nightmare.
I personally think that the worlds are better when they don't take such a drastic turn. Yes, make it a challenge but don't go from a balanced world to an incredibly hard world.