Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Change the first dungeon to where you dont solo

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 26, 2012
Its really hard for ice wizards to defeat the first boss because they minions keep spamming and the boss
is ice also. Its really hard so if kingsisle can change it to more then 1 player I think ice wizards would be a little more happy

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2011
Tristam 101 on Jul 28, 2014 wrote:
Its really hard for ice wizards to defeat the first boss because they minions keep spamming and the boss
is ice also. Its really hard so if kingsisle can change it to more then 1 player I think ice wizards would be a little more happy
Which dungeon or boss are you talking about??

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2011
Never mind I remember now. It probably has to do with your gear and I do agree Kingsisle shouldn't have made those 2 boss battles solo only.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
These first 2 boss solo instances are a test to see if you really have what it takes to quest in KS or will you just walk away. As apposed to the rest of the community, I didn't find the new world to be a "cake walk". When I started meeting 3 or sometimes 4 against one in some quests I gave it up but I did get those 2 boss battles behind me.

I did better with my Ice wizard when I shielded up from my own ice shields and treasure cards, I buy from library in Krockland, ice/storm ones and even a tower shield now and then to really cut the damage down. I put the right amount of spells in my deck for taking down the minions, 2 frost giants should do, then a one hit for the boss, the bear or mammoth times 2 and 4 Collsus for boosting, a few sharpen blades, maybe a stun shield and a couple of traps, feint from my Amulet. I also put in 2 regular sprite spells and had my frankenbunnie pet w/2 healing current cards. You can also put spare cards like Reshuffle or few more damage cards but then it mucks up getting the shields for me. When down to 1/2 health, heal. My pet left me a lone no matter how hard I try to nudge it into a heal. lol.

No matter how you cut it these fights require planning of some sort on your part or they just squash you like a bug.. Settle in for a battle of wits - yours against the monsters. You have the means and the power to take them down you just have to figure out how to do it. You can switch to higher resist gear etc. but I did not, I have the Wintertusk crafted gear and it gets me by. I do recommend you fill your vials so you can empty and return if needed. I instance reset for me when I tried to esc so I could be 1st in the boss battle, so I had to repeat the spiders on first floor again and I didn't do that again.

The balance boss was a lot easier on me. I didn't have any issue completing that one and even put my lvl 75 minion out for help. A few tower and storm shields is all I needed, they just didn't hit me much or stun me at all.

Since each run varies some times you get a break just having the monsters leave you a lone more so if you have to return sometimes it's a help.

Mary

Survivor
Jun 27, 2012
If I may add to what you saying Mary with the pre-introduction to the Shadow world where pierce plays a factor. What would also be beneficial for ice wizards would be to use both single and elemental pierce blades from Avalon. Incorporate that with infallible along with your stacked traps and blades you can one hit the ice boss with Frost Giant. As far as survival wise I'd recommend boosting in/out healing with Wintertusk athame and ring. You could get close to 60 in 50 out giving you just a little over 1k every time you pet cast fairy.