Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Sword Ferns actually cost more than EMP's but...

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 16, 2009
I know this topic has been covered already, but before you go yanking my post down because it's already been "covered," hear me out. No one in the previous post mentioned what, to me, is the most important fact about sword ferns - Evil Magma Peas, which cost less than Sword Ferns, drop a rank 9 snack at every harvest. SF's only rarely drop the Hambrosia. Out of a plot of 36 or so, an elder harvest may yield 2 Hambrosia. I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't garden for anything but snacks and reagents.

Why farm for blades when you can simply buy them? You'll always make more gold in a couple days. Indeed, a staggering amount. My characters stay at max gold, to the point that I have to feed everything to my pets because I cannot sell it. And I have more Litter, Egg Baskets, Sword Trees, and Red Sword Displays than I could ever possibly use...or want. And yep, you guessed it, I feed them to my pets.

Which brings me to my second point. If you have plots of CP's, EMP's, SF's, and DHE's, then you kind of become a garden snob of sorts, meaning, rank 8 snacks aren't really a big deal to you when you have literally hundreds of rank 9 snacks. The whole point of spending a LOT of real money on the above mentioned plants is so you don't have to spend hours and hours in front of a mini game that you have mastered months or years ago, and that drives you completely bonkers having to play it more than a few times. To clarify, yes, I do feel like I wasted a lot of money on the Sword Ferns and Deadly Helephant Ears, especially considering that I could have saved quite a bit of money if I had stuck with Couch Potatoes and EMP's.

So yes, KI, it would be nice if you could let them drop Hambrosia more often. EMP's and CP's drop Fancy Yogurt all the time. They both give 50 experience points to your pets. And one last minor detail: why is that some snacks are rank 8 and give 15 points, and others that give more than that are lower ranked? Furthermore, why would any snack that only gives 15 points be considered a rank 8, when most of them that I'm familiar with give 25 - 35?