Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

if a plant is an elder can it still die?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 02, 2013
i had to defrag my computer and it took a while so i haven't been on wizard101 in a week and a half. and i don't know if my plants have gotten to elder or not, my question is will they die even if they are elders?

~blaze lvl 103

Survivor
Mar 25, 2010
No they cannot i.e. After becoming an Elder Plant. Once a plant has reached the state of Elder, they plant can stay in that state for as long as you want it to. I left the game of Wizard101 for three years and came back to the game where I had planted a Pink Dandylion plant it was an elder when I got back on that player. So as far as I know you should be just fine.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
Adam Daybreeze on May 28, 2016 wrote:
No they cannot i.e. After becoming an Elder Plant. Once a plant has reached the state of Elder, they plant can stay in that state for as long as you want it to. I left the game of Wizard101 for three years and came back to the game where I had planted a Pink Dandylion plant it was an elder when I got back on that player. So as far as I know you should be just fine.
This answer is correct.

Reason they don't die is because once they're elder, they no longer develop needs. Unattended needs are what makes plants wilt and die.

If your gardening button was green when you left your castle the last time you checked on your plants, regardless of what stage they were at or are at now, they should be absolutely fine the next time you see them.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Only plants with needs can wilt. Only wilted plants can die. If you leave your garden with no needs, your plants will never die. No matter how long you leave them alone. Elder plants have no needs, therefore they cannot wilt or die. Plants left alone with no needs stop growing at the next level of growth while you are gone and gain needs when you visit. That is all. So if you leave mature plants alone for a long time, they will become elder. But if you leave young plants alone, they won't. They will become mature, have needs and the timer will be at 0 when you return.