Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

growing time

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 23, 2009
the plants are growning when i'm playing and not playing and that is not good
you know why?
look:
e.g= example:
like if you just made a plant or it's second or hire age and then you must go somewere for about 3 days or longer and you can't take care of your plants because you can't log on
the plant will just die and you have to restart
so i thought that it will be good ( and safer for your plants) that the plants will only grow when your playing wizard101

this morning i had to wake up early and log on to make my plants healthy and i had to log on a couple min ago to make my plants healthy again

so plz make that plants that they will only grow when your playing i can be much calm then

Defender
Feb 28, 2010
This is a horrible idea!

If plants only grow when you're on, then the grow time could end up being a month or two based on how often you log on. Some only log on for an hour a day!

mat567010 wrote:
you know why?
look:
e.g= example:
like if you just made a plant or it's second or hire age and then you must go somewere for about 3 days or longer and you can't take care of your plants because you can't log on
so i thought that it will be good ( and safer for your plants) that the plants will only grow when your playing wizard101

this morning i had to wake up early and log on to make my plants healthy and i had to log on a couple min ago to make my plants healthy again

so plz make that plants that they will only grow when your playing i can be much calm then

Defender
May 30, 2009
mat567010 wrote:
you know why?
look:
e.g= example:

Like coopkoda said, it would take forever for plants to grow if they only grew while you were playing wizard101. If you're going to be gone for 3 or so days, then don't plant anything before you leave. Gardening isn't something that you have to constantly watch and be a complete nervous wreck over. The plants can go at least a little while needing water, pollination, etc., without dying.

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
here is another example:
you just stared planting your plant with out knowing your going somewere and then you know you got to go for a long time

another e.g this one is real and happened to me:
something just happened and you can't log in too wizard101 for 2 days or longer

so what about now?

Defender
May 30, 2009
mat567010 wrote:
here is another example:
you just stared planting your plant with out knowing your going somewere and then you know you got to go for a long time

so what about now?

Your plants may die and then you have the option to revive them if choose to do so. I don't think KI will change the way plants grow while you're not logged on... It's just one of those things that people who choose to garden will have to deal with.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
mat567010 wrote:
here is another example:

so what about now?

Plants do not really cost that much in coins. So if we weigh a few people with emergencies vs the thousands who would have to wait days instead of hours, or weeks instead of days, it is a real no brainer for the few to sacrifice a few coins.

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
i think you are righ but i don't mind that really i mind ather thing but this does not in clude in this topic

Defender
Feb 28, 2010
Guess you lose the ones you planted. That's the way it works!

mat567010 wrote:
here is another example:

so what about now?

Survivor
Apr 09, 2010
mat567010 wrote:
Gardening isn't something that you have to constantly watch and be a complete nervous wreck over. The plants can go at least a little while needing water, pollination, etc., without dying.

Does anyone know how long it takes plants to wilt? Will I be ok if I only check on them once a day? once every two days?