Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Gardening!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 19, 2010
I will ask again. I have a wizard at the 16th level I think, she is having trouble with an orange dandelion. It needs a pest rank 4 spell to heal the plant. I had one of my higher level wizard go to mooshu and the gardener had the spell but the cost is more than she afford. My question is: If she lets the plant die, as it is near elder, can she revive it and start it a new. Please help! peony553

Survivor
Dec 17, 2010
Do you have any questions about gardening?I'm a master at it.I'll answer your questions.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
peony553 wrote:
I will ask again. I have a wizard at the 16th level I think, she is having trouble with an orange dandelion. It needs a pest rank 4 spell to heal the plant. I had one of my higher level wizard go to mooshu and the gardener had the spell but the cost is more than she afford. My question is: If she lets the plant die, as it is near elder, can she revive it and start it a new. Please help! peony553

I believe you will have to get the pests off or it will die. They have treasure cards for gardening which drop, maybe someone has sold one at the bazaar that is an affordable one-time solution to your problem?

Survivor
Nov 21, 2010
Wow only place I know of to buy the spell(s) for high levels are in the (for get city name) place that has the "oriental" look. There is a gardner you can buy the spells from (expensive), there.

peony553 wrote:

Survivor
Sep 10, 2010
peony553 wrote:

I believe the answer is yes. Once the plant is fully dead you can revive it and it will start over again or will resume from the last phase it was in. I cant be sure which will take place since I've only had to revive two plants. Either way you can revive it. As for the location for rank 4 and rank 5 pest zapper skills, it is Mooshu where they are located at.

Also, keep in mind that when you plant your seeds that their location should be close together. The rank 4 and 5 spells are not only costly in gold but in the amount of energy they use up. Better to be able to zap a rank 4 pest and other lower ranks all in one shot than to use multiple pest skills multiple times. You'll see your energy sphere go bye bye real quick.

Defender
Feb 24, 2009
Gamma wrote:

Hmmm....It sounds like you know how to cast a soil spell (if growing outside) or buy a flowerpot (growing inside).

Well, then. Each seed requires a certain amount of soil. No more, no less. So, if a seen requires a medium plot of soil, you must have a medium plot (or medium flowerpot) - not a large, not a small.

Plus, some plants also require enchanted soil to grow, instead of normal soil. This requires using an enchanted soil spell (of the correct amount) or an enchanted soil flowerpot, instead of normal ones.

Finally, just like with using spells, the skill to successfully plant a seed depends on your level. Not your wizard level, oh my no - your gardening level. Every seed has a minimum gardening level that you must obtain before the seed can be planted.

All of these restrictions must be met to be able to plant a seed.
If you put your cursor over the seed while in the Gardening menu, a notice will pop up that tell you what size of soil it requires and the gardening level required to plant it. If it also needs enchanted soil to grow, it will mention that. If it doesn't say, then normal soil is fine.

It sounds like a lot, but once you know what to look for it's actually quite easy.

Once you have the right soil and size and gardening level, you just pick up the seed and put it in the soil and it should stay there. Some time, maybe some water. music or sunlight and you should have a nice healthy plant!

I hope that fills in the missing information for you, young student.

I know this is off topic but I LOVE your signerature! Also, some tips on gardeing, 1. Dont put a lot of seeds at once, if oyu leave for a long time they will all be dying or with a lot of problems and you cant fix it because you run out of energy ( if you cant get on for a while, only heal the crowns and important plants that give good drops). 2. to get it out of the way, oyu can harvest when the harvest timer hits ZERO [ It will say " Ready for Harvest"(it will do something unusual and most of the time funny unless it is something like desparagus)], you cant harvest IF, you have the housing or gardening tab open, the timer is still counting down, or if it is not doing a funny dance if you dont want to open the gardening tab ( exp. the king parsely will do a Elvis dance) ( sometimes the plants even if they are doing something weird and it is temporary, it is not ready) And 3. Gardening requires patience, if you dont like the amount of time it takes to grow DO NOT plow it it probrably gives good rewards. if there is anything i missed that no one else has not covered feel free to tell it

Kennetyh Frostwalker, Rank 6 Adept( ? ) Gardener.

Survivor
May 12, 2009
Well I AM SURPRISED cause i planted Some Stink Weed and one of them Got A pixie It just Circles the plant and it says the stink weed likes the pixie
Well Lets Get To The Point

a) I Want to know how it got there and why and if i can do it on purpose to help my other stink weed or other plants??

b) I Want to know if i can get it on my other plants some how??

c) I Want to know whats the cause and effect here??

d) I Want to know are there different versions of it (i. e. sprite flies around plant spreading magic)??

If you KNOW how and why this happened i would love to know plz help me out.

IMPORTANT i just found it the pixie effects all the plants and i can give a screen shot if you want
Here is what i know so far:
The pixie is very tiny
The pixie flies around plant spreading green magic (i like to call it pizzaz from spongebob)
The stink weed likes it and i think the pixie helps it grow PLEASE REPLY

Survivor
Jan 25, 2010
For some reason i am not getting my gardening badges. It says i earn them but when i scroll to the page where they should be, they are not there. I did get to neophyte gardener but after that stopped getting them. I'm a rank 9 gardener and should be a master gardener by now. I don't know if this is just happenning to me or if it's been a problem with other as well. If anyone can help me with this it would be appreciated very much.

Survivor
Jan 03, 2010
Yes I garden,I try to do what I can but I agree with others and the spiral, that it takes way to much energy just to take care of the medium garden I have. I wish wizard101 would lower the cost to cast the spells. Please Wizard101 listen to the gamers. And I am being Really nice about this. I love this game and will keep playing wizard101. I just wish we had More Energy hint hint please! :D :D :D
BTW I am lvl 59 balance and 39 life and 4 other wizards that are lower lvl than that.
THANKS WIZARD101!

Explorer
Apr 26, 2010
Tyracia wrote:
I have a quick question about gardening. When you scroll over your seed cards in your backpack, it shows the plant's likes, dislikes, and what else it needs. I planted my seed in the ground but now I can't figure out how to view those stats now that it's planted! I would appreciate if someone would tell me a way to look at my seed's stats again after it's planted.

Myrna Dragon
Master Thaumaturge - Level 48
look at the same seed at the bazaar and it shows the stats and likes and dislikes. hope this helped 8)

Survivor
Apr 22, 2010
Er, Zeke, I have a question. For me, some plants take longer than 1 day to harvest. My Pink Dandelion takes, like, 27 hours to harvest, and my Desparagus took, like, 48 hours!!! (2 days!!! Thank goodness I got rid of it...)

Befuddled,

Zachary Trollcatcher, level 20 Conjurer

P.S. It would be great if someone could reply. Professor or not, I really need help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.P.S. Someone PLEASE reply?

Administrator
Zachary1043 wrote:
Er, Zeke, I have a question. For me, some plants take longer than 1 day to harvest. My Pink Dandelion takes, like, 27 hours to harvest, and my Desparagus took, like, 48 hours!!! (2 days!!! Thank goodness I got rid of it...)

Well, young Wizard, you didn't really ask a question. You stated that some plants mature faster than others....just like in the real world, some plants mature faster than others.
I'm not sure what it was you were asking.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Apr 22, 2010
Professor, I was stating that some plants take longer to harvest. I was just wondering if you could make all the times to harvest just 24 hrs.

Zachary Trollcatcher

P.S. I am currently doing great at Gardening, even with the harvesting delay. Just saying...

Survivor
Jun 21, 2009
ValDanDoh wrote:
I harvested my plants and at the last harvest I received a balanceblade treasure card. Where did it go? I looked in my treasure cards and I also looked under the treasure card tab in the gardening section, but it isn't there. Please help!

Check your bank and see if it went it there. I have a huge problem not emptying my backpack so things end up in my bank. Hope this helps :-)

Survivor
Jun 21, 2009
Gamma wrote:

Hmmm....It sounds like you know how to cast a soil spell (if growing outside) or buy a flowerpot (growing inside).

Well, then. Each seed requires a certain amount of soil. No more, no less. So, if a seen requires a medium plot of soil, you must have a medium plot (or medium flowerpot) - not a large, not a small.

Plus, some plants also require enchanted soil to grow, instead of normal soil. This requires using an enchanted soil spell (of the correct amount) or an enchanted soil flowerpot, instead of normal ones.

Finally, just like with using spells, the skill to successfully plant a seed depends on your level. Not your wizard level, oh my no - your gardening level. Every seed has a minimum gardening level that you must obtain before the seed can be planted.

All of these restrictions must be met to be able to plant a seed.
If you put your cursor over the seed while in the Gardening menu, a notice will pop up that tell you what size of soil it requires and the gardening level required to plant it. If it also needs enchanted soil to grow, it will mention that. If it doesn't say, then normal soil is fine.

It sounds like a lot, but once you know what to look for it's actually quite easy.

Once you have the right soil and size and gardening level, you just pick up the seed and put it in the soil and it should stay there. Some time, maybe some water. music or sunlight and you should have a nice healthy plant!

I hope that fills in the missing information for you, young student.

To piggy back on this idea.....I am level 7 at gardening and noticed one of the seeds I have won during a battle requires me to be level 7 and to have a large enchanted soil area. I have no idea where to get a large enchanted soil area, I can find small and medium enchanted soil but no large. Can you please let me know so I can plant my seeds? Thanks

Survivor
Apr 22, 2010
I have a question. Everyone knows that every plant dislikes Stinkweed, right? Well, in the interior of my Wooden Cottage, I have a Stinkweed on the bottom floor, and a Pink Dandelion on the top. Does that really matter? I mean, does the Pink Dandelion still dislike the Stinkweed, even if they are on different floors of the cottage?

Zachary Trollcatcher, Apprentice Gardener

P.S. Just something cool to share. Once, I was going to harvest my Dandelion in my Wooden Cottage's front yard It was very close to Elder. I harvested it, then went inside to check on my other plants. 2 minutes later, I came back out, and it was Elder!!! Pretty cool, huh?

P.P.S. Tip about gardening: do NOT harvest your Elder plants. Wait until all your plants are Elder, then harvest them all at once. Elder plants are unneccesary to use gardening spells on, since they never get Needs or Pests at Elder.

Survivor
Jan 29, 2009
ic0517 wrote:
Is it me or does young and mature look the same?

lol yeah it does in the pic but in the game mature is larger

Survivor
Feb 03, 2010
my question is where do get a pot or something to plant the seeds in cuz you still have a dorm and are not high enough lvl for an island cuz i cant find one in the housing shop :?

Survivor
Aug 15, 2009
NicoUzumaki wrote:
How do i harvest my plant? I do not see any spells that says harvest and my plants are on their way to ancient or whatever the final stage is called but somehow, I cannot seem to harvest it. I tried clicking right and left and walking up to it but to no avail. There is a time on it saynig how much time I have left to harvest it.

Please help. Am just a novice gardener.

Hey how about a pet day care?

oh um letm e know how to "interact" with my plants in order to harvest them.

The time on the plant is how much time you have until you can harvest it, not the time left to harvest it :) hope i helped!

Survivor
Sep 30, 2010
I need the rank 4 pest spell, and it's in the list of spells that the mooshu gardener sells, but it is grayed out, not available to me for some reason. I am a level 60 rank 7 gardener. I can afford the spell. I have the rank 3 pest spell. What's the hold up? Why can't I buy it?

Survivor
Feb 14, 2010
indo007 wrote:
For some reason i am not getting my gardening badges. It says i earn them but when i scroll to the page where they should be, they are not there. I did get to neophyte gardener but after that stopped getting them. I'm a rank 9 gardener and should be a master gardener by now. I don't know if this is just happenning to me or if it's been a problem with other as well. If anyone can help me with this it would be appreciated very much.

I seem to be having a similar problem. I tend my plants daily and usually harvest one or two each day. Yet for the past several weeks I appear to not have earned any gardening experience with each harvest.

Please advise.
Thanks

Survivor
Mar 21, 2010
I thought that it was posted somewhere the amount of time it takes to "re-spawn" or give you the amount of time to gain pet/plant energy and I cannot seem to find it anywhere.

How long do you have to wait for 1 pet/plant energy to refill?

Also, since this planting thing has come about, I noticed that I now have to choose to either train my pet(s) or garden, I cannot do both unless I wait and wait and wait. Can KI put another different colored energy bottle, one just for pets and one just for gardening?

Just an idea but it would help a lot!

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Extremedj998 wrote:
I thought that it was posted somewhere the amount of time it takes to "re-spawn" or give you the amount of time to gain pet/plant energy and I cannot seem to find it anywhere.

How long do you have to wait for 1 pet/plant energy to refill?

Also, since this planting thing has come about, I noticed that I now have to choose to either train my pet(s) or garden, I cannot do both unless I wait and wait and wait. Can KI put another different colored energy bottle, one just for pets and one just for gardening?

Just an idea but it would help a lot!

Currently it is at the rate of 1 energy every 10 minutes (or 144 energy/day if you do the math :) )

Survivor
Sep 16, 2008
I have been told by the game that I cannot purchase anymore gardening cards, because i am full. I have too many level1 pest spells -- i never use them, i would like to get rid of them. How do I do that? I cannot sell them at the bazaar, or to a mole, or to zeke, or to any shop.
I cannot remove them or delete them. What am I supposed to do with them?

Survivor
Feb 09, 2010
I am a level 7 gardener. I love it. My only question or comment would be to let us know when our level will increase. I see the bar going across but it does not tell me how many points I have towards my next level or how many I need. This would be a nice feature.