Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Farming EMP's

AuthorMessage
Delver
Feb 01, 2010
So recently I've been farming for Evil Magma Peas on my fire wizard, although I need to ask if I'm farming the wrong guy or just getting really unlucky? I've been trying to get them from Ogre in Caer Lyon but for the past 2 or 3 weeks I haven't gotten a single one. The only EMP's I have are ones I bought with crowns so I have no idea if I'm farming the right guy or not. It says he drops them on Wizard101 Central but 2 weeks of fighting him with none? I can't be THAT unlucky can I?

Joseph Fireflame Level 110 Prodigious
Joseph Darkthorn Level 45 Master
Joseph Skybreaker Level 10 Initiate

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Honestly, I'm not sure anyone drops EMPs anymore, as I have never gotten any as drops, even when friends and I farm and farm and farm and farm for them.

Granted, I think I got a couple when Avalon first came out, but since then, I haven't seen a single EMP, nor have any of my friends gotten them.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
They are extremely rare drops. You can very easily be that unlucky.

Survivor
Oct 11, 2012
I farmed the Ogre too, but I have received 2 EMP's in my time farming him. Just confirming that the Ogre drops them. As they say, try, try again. Good luck!

Survivor
Aug 27, 2010
winterbane gauntlet drops them so farm that if you want an easier way for it
-Ethan icerider lvl 48

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
You're probably not UNlucky, you're just not the extremely lucky you need to be to actually get them. I know the feeling. I never got one neither after farming for about a month. I finally gave up and just bought some when they were on sale for 50% off. Then I kept multiplying my stash by waiting until the double gardening rewards promo ran to harvest my elder plants.