Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Couch potato problems

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 10, 2010
I have been farming couch potatoes, and recently i have noticed that they develop needs a lot more frequently. I would take care of them and so minutes later, the needs would be right back.

But anyway, that isn't my real problem. My real issue is that my potatoes have had full progress bars for almost 5 hours now but they are not turning elder. I have been checking on them repeatedly every few minutes for the past many hours just to find full bars and no elder plants.

Has anyone been having this issue too, because none of my friends, and no online posts seem to share this problem.

and as if that wasn't enough, They keep on developing new needs at the same rate so they can wilt overnight and have me start all over again.
please help me i really do not want so many hours and energy to go to waste.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
mrchristal on Dec 25, 2017 wrote:
I have been farming couch potatoes, and recently i have noticed that they develop needs a lot more frequently. I would take care of them and so minutes later, the needs would be right back.

But anyway, that isn't my real problem. My real issue is that my potatoes have had full progress bars for almost 5 hours now but they are not turning elder. I have been checking on them repeatedly every few minutes for the past many hours just to find full bars and no elder plants.

Has anyone been having this issue too, because none of my friends, and no online posts seem to share this problem.

and as if that wasn't enough, They keep on developing new needs at the same rate so they can wilt overnight and have me start all over again.
the problem you're having with the needs, is that they show up when you visit your home again. My rule of thumb is check them twice a day. Since I've done that, it's always worked out for me. This way, the needs dont keep coming back and you dont waste energy for absolutely no reason. They progress even if you dont watch them. So, get into the habit of checking once in "the morning" and once "in the evening". For example, once when you sign on for the day, and once before you go to bed. Watched crops might not advance as quickly, but they WILL require more energy to keep the needs away, unless you use the spells that prevent needs from returning for a time period.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
mrchristal on Dec 25, 2017 wrote:

If they are developing problems so quickly, did you plant them near other plants they dislike? Try not to check on them so frequently, if this is causing a problem. At most I check my garden twice a day. I have even skipped a day ( or 2 ) and not played on the wizard that has a garden.

Survivor
Jul 25, 2011
Yeah I would say if you have problems, check twice a day. The needs will stay the same for a few hours and their risk of dying is on the lower side. Don't check it often, one in morning and one at night :D