Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Castle Blocks

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 01, 2010
So I was building this castle for my Everafter Village house and I just ran out of space, meeting my 350 housing item limit and it got me thinking. Why do castle blocks take up housing space to begin with. The entire point of castle blocks is to create structures like houses and castles in outdoor spaces, yet even in building those structures, we're using outdoor housing limits. How are we supposed to be able to create a structure AND fill it with other housing items, when we are counting towards our housing limit with every block we craft and place down. I think we should get an update where castle blocks no longer count towards the housing limit since the aren't really housing items... they're castle blocks. The same way we can set down timers and reflectors in castle magic without them taking up space, or wallpapers and flooring without taking up space. This way, we are able to make cool creations without worrying about whether or not we'll have enough space or how we are going to fill them when we're done.

Survivor
Jan 01, 2010
I recently saw a topic in here talking about the idea of re-texturing castle blocks to look more like the newer building textures in the game. I like the idea of fixing the appearances of blocks through means of using wallpapers an flooring but I'm concerned that if we re texture things within housing, we could end up changing someone's work within their castles without giving them a choice and ruining their designs. While I'm not necessarily the biggest fan of the way te castle blocks look right now, I'm sure there are lots of players that do and I'd hate to see there stuff get changed without them wanting it to. That being said, I do think there it would be really cool to have an update we're we could stick wallpaper onto selected castle blocks and even make the dual sided so that you could give castle blocks both an inside and outside appearance. Is there any chance and update like that would even be possible? What do you guys think?