Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Matchmaking, Maycasts, and the Meta Developer Diary

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Meta Mayhem continues! Ratbeard has written new dev notes about the state of Matchmaking, Maycasts, and the Meta.

Check it out: https://wizard101.com/game/devdiary/matchmaking-maycasts-meta-2021

Survivor
Oct 21, 2017
Really great and very much needed changes.I definately think they are a step in the right direction.However concerning the future removal of tickets and arena gear.Will players like myself and many others who have farmed and gathered a lot of arena tickes be able to convert them into the new pvp currency?And also is the the commander gear staying to be used for stiching?

Gosva on Jun 24, 2021 wrote:
Really great and very much needed changes.I definately think they are a step in the right direction.However concerning the future removal of tickets and arena gear.Will players like myself and many others who have farmed and gathered a lot of arena tickes be able to convert them into the new pvp currency?And also is the the commander gear staying to be used for stiching?
No, you will not be able to convert them to new currency. The entire point is to put everyone on the same footing when we launch a new 5th Age.

We will try to make sure that all of the current 4th Age offerings are still available to purchase (if only for stitching), but anything that would give you an edge in PvP will be set to no PvP. You'll need to earn 5th Age currency, during 5th Age, to acquire the new 5th Age gear.

Survivor
Oct 21, 2017
Ok that actually makes a lot of sense.Also i wanted to ask another thing.Since in order to buy the commander gear you had to have a rank of at least commander,when the changes happen if the gear stays for stitching purposes could we potentialy buy it without any rank requirement or will we still need to buy a certain rank to obtain it?

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Ratbeard on Jun 24, 2021 wrote:
No, you will not be able to convert them to new currency. The entire point is to put everyone on the same footing when we launch a new 5th Age.

We will try to make sure that all of the current 4th Age offerings are still available to purchase (if only for stitching), but anything that would give you an edge in PvP will be set to no PvP. You'll need to earn 5th Age currency, during 5th Age, to acquire the new 5th Age gear.
That's good. I'm all about those Housing items! :D

I think that there are some really good rewards there, but sadly I don't have the rank for some and probably won't (avid PVE only player, though I do like the Tournaments on occasion).

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013

I think it's rather poor form to just poof everyone's tickets though. It's bad enough you're bricking the PvP gear. Why can't you turn them into something else like gold which is at least useful?

Also, will we be able to use the old gear in PvE? Or at least unsocket the jewels in it?

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
I am not a member of the PvP community by any means; it was always too chance-based and tricky for my tastes. But I have read this diary and what is being implemented and am hopeful that both of those difficulties are resolved.

While Maycasts and the current Shield-stall style of play received the focus in this Dev Diary, I couldn't help but notice that there was no mention of Shadow Pips. Are you satisfied with the system that was introduced in the Spring Update or is this still subject to change?

Furthermore, you mentioned tat there would be new PvP-focused Events being introduced as well. I couldn't help but think of Tournaments when this was mentioned. Tournaments are basically the current PvP event, from my observation; they even give rewards for participating. What will happen to Tournaments when these Events are introduced? Will they be replaced by or incorporated into these new Events? And are they going to take inspiration from Tournaments?

I will make sure to spare some time to examine these changes when the Summer Test Realm comes online.

Defender
Feb 28, 2013
Sparck on Jun 23, 2021 wrote:
Meta Mayhem continues! Ratbeard has written new dev notes about the state of Matchmaking, Maycasts, and the Meta.

Check it out: https://wizard101.com/game/devdiary/matchmaking-maycasts-meta-2021
From what I can see, the summer update mainly concerns itself with PVP.
What about those of us that don't like/participate in PVP?
I don't see anything in the update which interests us.

Delver
Mar 31, 2015
Valcoor Dragonfind... on Jun 25, 2021 wrote:
From what I can see, the summer update mainly concerns itself with PVP.
What about those of us that don't like/participate in PVP?
I don't see anything in the update which interests us.
Bro, give them a break, they just addressed quite a bit, including many of the reasons why you may not have liked PVP in the first place.

PVP is one of the best ways for long-time players to keep enjoying the game during the interim period when there are no new worlds released. And long-time players I daresay contribute one of the largest and most consistent forms of revenue for KI.

Survivor
Dec 02, 2009

I am ok with starting new with everyone on equal footing (-although everyone from second age & up starting a new character has gone through the "rite of passage" of getting gear against people who already have gear) - but I would like to know why you seem to want to phase out low level pvp. I have 6 accounts- 2 of these accounts quest all the new worlds and I keep usually a few characters at max. Right now I have 4 at 140 & 4 at 125 but the other characters and accounts are pvp which I do when I am not questing. I have done from max to journeyman pvp. I find i really enjoy journeyman . I am kind of upset that we seem to be disregarded at every turn. I have been playing since i was 12 ( now i'm almost 25 ) and have done pvp most of that time and adjusted to many changes. There is talk that the levels will only be able to use spells that are their level.I have spent idk how many hours farming loremaster on my lower levels. It was something that was allowed and i farmed until i had them all .Are you now going to say that these spells are not appropriate for lower levels? journeymen ? You realize that the way you have set up spells life has no blade till around level 22 and no aoe till forest lord- ice have no blades as well and doesn't get blizzard till 26- fire gets blades early and meteor at 22 -myth has blades at 12 but gets humongofrog at 22 balance gets sandstorm at16 she also has a balance blade. Death gets blades at level7 no aoe till scarecrow. . The fact that you made tc spells available to all in the bazaar where they are available to everyone for gold makes things equal. Any level can buy cards and use ones where their pips available make them feasible to use. If you take those tc away from pvp at lower levels then you will basically be destroying low level pvp. Are loremaster spells and spells such as catch of the day and burning rampage going to still be useable? People have spent so much time farming these spells. Please think about what you are doing to low level pvp . There are many people who really enjoy doing lower levels. Not as much toxicity for one thing plus it is interesting to see ways that you can beat your opponent without just overpowering them . O also are you going to make tournaments start to fight at own levels , Right now from 10-19 we have ability to get equivalent stats but as of 20 it becomes very uneven . Thank you for listening . I appreciate this !

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Dreamweaver488 on Jun 29, 2021 wrote:
I am ok with starting new with everyone on equal footing (-although everyone from second age & up starting a new character has gone through the "rite of passage" of getting gear against people who already have gear) - but I would like to know why you seem to want to phase out low level pvp. I have 6 accounts- 2 of these accounts quest all the new worlds and I keep usually a few characters at max. Right now I have 4 at 140 & 4 at 125 but the other characters and accounts are pvp which I do when I am not questing. I have done from max to journeyman pvp. I find i really enjoy journeyman . I am kind of upset that we seem to be disregarded at every turn. I have been playing since i was 12 ( now i'm almost 25 ) and have done pvp most of that time and adjusted to many changes. There is talk that the levels will only be able to use spells that are their level.I have spent idk how many hours farming loremaster on my lower levels. It was something that was allowed and i farmed until i had them all .Are you now going to say that these spells are not appropriate for lower levels? journeymen ? You realize that the way you have set up spells life has no blade till around level 22 and no aoe till forest lord- ice have no blades as well and doesn't get blizzard till 26- fire gets blades early and meteor at 22 -myth has blades at 12 but gets humongofrog at 22 balance gets sandstorm at16 she also has a balance blade. Death gets blades at level7 no aoe till scarecrow. . The fact that you made tc spells available to all in the bazaar where they are available to everyone for gold makes things equal. Any level can buy cards and use ones where their pips available make them feasible to use. If you take those tc away from pvp at lower levels then you will basically be destroying low level pvp. Are loremaster spells and spells such as catch of the day and burning rampage going to still be useable? People have spent so much time farming these spells. Please think about what you are doing to low level pvp . There are many people who really enjoy doing lower levels. Not as much toxicity for one thing plus it is interesting to see ways that you can beat your opponent without just overpowering them . O also are you going to make tournaments start to fight at own levels , Right now from 10-19 we have ability to get equivalent stats but as of 20 it becomes very uneven . Thank you for listening . I appreciate this !
Ever since deckathalon decks came out and weren't no-pvp I've been convinced that KI thinks low level PvP is a bug, not a feature.

Survivor
Feb 11, 2011