Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Guilds are Coming to Wizard101!

AuthorMessage
Administrator

We are excited to announce that later this summer Guilds will be introduced to Wizard101!

Guilds have been a requested feature for some time now and we’re finally making it happen. The idea is often implemented a little bit differently depending on the game. In Wizard101, Guilds will be large permanent groups where you and your friends can gather around your very own private Guild House. There are many other perks as well that will be announced later!

We wanted to make sure Guilds were done in a way that makes sense for our unique player community. This new addition to the game will give players even more fun things to do in a group setting, and a variety of new challenges (with sweet rewards!) that can be overcome only with the help of one's guildmates. Want to still quest and adventure with other friends from outside the guild? You will of course be able to continue to do that too!

Guilds is such a big idea for us; we’ll be adding much more to it over time. When the initial release comes to Test Realm during the Summer Update, we want the community to explore the new feature and give us as much feedback as possible to make them the best they can be. We'll have more details in the coming weeks on what to expect, so stay tuned!

For now, gather your initial questions and join us in an upcoming Guilds Roundtable with WhiteTiger93, and at the next KI Live on June 30. Gather your friends and get ready for Guilds!

Survivor
Apr 22, 2019
Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Here's a question.

Will we be able to join more than one guild? (ie my facebook friends, my twitter friends, my kids and grandkids)

Or will we be limited to one Guild per wizard?

Community Leader
Howdy everyone!

Love seeing everyone's reactions to the announcement, and all the questions, comments, etc.

I can't wait to see y'all at the roundtable!

-WhiteTiger93

WhiteTiger93: Youtuber and Streamer Here --- Content Creator for Arcanum Archives. Check us out here for guides and events!
Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
Guilds?! Really?

Finally, a new type of opportunity to socialize. I'll make sure to check it out when it comes!

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
Goodness knows someone (which may or may not be me) saw "let's give a Message Boards Guild a try" somewhere in there.

Survivor
Dec 21, 2021
Initial questions!:

1. Can we make a Guild kiosk where we can type sort of an advertisement for more members; and in that Guild kiosk can it say for example, you have X number of friends in this guild?
2. Can we have a guild chat option, just like the group and house chat boxes?
3. Can we have an additional button right below "add to group" to "invite to guild?" so we can invite our friends?
4. Will the activities that the guild has the option to do, like the special challenges, require a membership? I highly encourage you to expand the things that nonpaying players can do!

Survivor
Aug 16, 2014
> How many players will be able to join a single guild?

> Will guilds be oriented around PvP, PvE or both?

> Will there be any sort of implementation of guild wars? For example; will a guild be able to take over areas such as Unicorn Way, in which guilds fight for control over that area and whoever wins that area is provided benefits such as increase XP, gold and loot drops. Making it easier for members of that guild to quest / farm in the areas controlled by their guild. Even allowing guilds that control areas to edit those areas with décor or allow guild members to teleport to those controlled areas from their guild house. (Bit off topic but some ideas there)

> Will guilds cost crowns or gold to create, will they require an upkeep and will anyone be able to create a guild?

> Will guild members be able to trade gold with each other?
> Will guild members be able to trade items with each others, such as reagents, gear etc

> How will recruitment be implemented? Are you planning on adding a recruitment system?

> Will there be any special challenges for guilds, such as guild-only dungeons or Guild Wars to create better end game PvE content?

> Will there be guild "ranks", in which the owner of the guild can place certain members of their guild into (such as co-leader or Sergeant). So someone who contributes more to the guild is in a higher tier and has more power over what the guild does.

> Will guild houses have their own teleportation button (similar to teleport to house)

~ Thanks Benjamin Dragon

Survivor
May 12, 2009
Sparck on Jun 16, 2022 wrote:

We are excited to announce that later this summer Guilds will be introduced to Wizard101!

Guilds have been a requested feature for some time now and we’re finally making it happen. The idea is often implemented a little bit differently depending on the game. In Wizard101, Guilds will be large permanent groups where you and your friends can gather around your very own private Guild House. There are many other perks as well that will be announced later!

We wanted to make sure Guilds were done in a way that makes sense for our unique player community. This new addition to the game will give players even more fun things to do in a group setting, and a variety of new challenges (with sweet rewards!) that can be overcome only with the help of one's guildmates. Want to still quest and adventure with other friends from outside the guild? You will of course be able to continue to do that too!

Guilds is such a big idea for us; we’ll be adding much more to it over time. When the initial release comes to Test Realm during the Summer Update, we want the community to explore the new feature and give us as much feedback as possible to make them the best they can be. We'll have more details in the coming weeks on what to expect, so stay tuned!

For now, gather your initial questions and join us in an upcoming Guilds Roundtable with WhiteTiger93, and at the next KI Live on June 30. Gather your friends and get ready for Guilds!
I guess one question that is on everyone's mind right now is. How big will the guilds be and how many members can you have. Also will there be potions to increase the amount of members in guild like the friends list potions

Survivor
Oct 20, 2014
I wasn't expecting a guild system for a family friendly game, but I'll participate the questionarre anyway!

I only have one question:

Have you ever thought about adding the "Guild Bank" (Similar function like Shared Bank)? If so, how would you limit the players putting their gear, treasure cards, snacks, etc. in the Guild Bank?

Survivor
Sep 05, 2009
I have been anticipating guilds ever since the announcement of adventure parties, and I have been building up my house to function as a guild hall too., However I have had a problem with the current adventure parties in that many of my friends don't play regularly enough to retain a membership in an adventure party. I'm hoping that guilds only kick for inactivity if the owner sets it to.

Survivor
May 23, 2009
Survivor
Mar 17, 2018
Here are my questions:

1) Will guilds be limited by account, or by character?

2) Will there be new, guild-related/guild-locked side quests?

3) ^ And to continue question #2, will all of those side quests be combat-related? Or will other activities also have a place in guild activities?

4) What will be the minimum level to be able to participate in guilds?

5) Is this a solution for having non-PVP combat content in between world releases?

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Sparck on Jun 16, 2022 wrote:

Guilds will be large permanent groups where you and your friends can gather around your very own private Guild House. There are many other perks as well that will be announced later!

Those two statements alone indicate EXCLUSIVITY once again. We had that issue over the Participation Trophies and now it seems that unless you join a Guild, you can't earn or enjoy the same perks.

As for many of us getting the help from guildmates, that really won't happen for a lot of players. That is something that some of us experienced even when we were in "groups" many years ago when the foul language was a very serious problem. I realize there are more adults playing today, but, I do have a grandson currently playing and another that is waiting to play.

The only real advantage that I can see a reason to join any guild, would be IF we were allowed to trade most items from one account to another or a friend without having to have the accounts linked. I want to be able to help my grandson by providing him with a few seeds (since we don't have DOUBLE SEEDS any more) to get started and snacks for his pets that I have an abundance of.

But as I said, I am seeing hints of EXCLUSIVITY that will do nothing but create more issues.

Champion
Apr 18, 2013
Are you saying our questions here will be used for the upcoming KI Live?

I do not play other games and have absolutely no idea whatsoever what a guild is. So, my question is quite simple.

What is a guild and how will this be any different than what we already have in the game?

Survivor
Apr 11, 2010
Re: Guilds
Will they be centered around schools, or Worlds or levels?

Survivor
Aug 11, 2012

i've wanted something more than groups for so long!