Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

12 Days of the Spiral Membership Access

AuthorMessage
Administrator
For the 12 Days of the Spiral beginning Dec. 9th and ending on Dec. 20th at 11:59pm CT we are providing all Wizard101 accounts in good standing membership access to the game.

Membership includes many benefits including access to all the worlds and quests, a larger backpack, faster energy regen, and much more.

Eligible accounts must have been created before Dec. 9th. For accounts that did not have membership access prior to Dec. 9th, this is a temporary gift to you during this holiday period. If your account already has membership this won’t affect your current plan.

Happy holidays community!

Survivor
Apr 04, 2020
Hello,
Are there any plans for accounts that have a current ongoing membership? If not, is it possible you could do something like pause our current memberships during these ongoing days as to not waste membership time and money we otherwise wouldn't have to use? This does feel a little unfair to me if there is no benefit for people currently paying planned.

Survivor
Jul 19, 2018
Survivor
Jul 19, 2018
If i already have a membership going will it put it on hold until the event is over and not take the days?

Survivor
Feb 27, 2011
Thank you to the entire KI team for this first and foremost. I think this is awesome for those who cannot afford the membership or those on edge about continuing the adventure. That being said, are there any opportunities for those with memberships? I just purchased one last week so I can have access to holiday events and goodies and now I kinda feel left out or should have waited before purchasing. Can our renewal dates be extended to be a part of the gift?

Administrator
RJDABOSS101 on Dec 9, 2020 wrote:
Thank you to the entire KI team for this first and foremost. I think this is awesome for those who cannot afford the membership or those on edge about continuing the adventure. That being said, are there any opportunities for those with memberships? I just purchased one last week so I can have access to holiday events and goodies and now I kinda feel left out or should have waited before purchasing. Can our renewal dates be extended to be a part of the gift?
This is a gift for those who didn't have the benefit of having access already. It's temporary for them.

Survivor
Aug 22, 2010
Hey, I just wanted to say that I wouldn't have bought a membership three days ago if I knew that twelve free days were right around the corner. I have membership for a single month, and this is more than a third of that. Can people who just paid have a few extra days added onto their memberships?

Survivor
Jun 15, 2012
Will this free membership also be given to Pirate101 accounts? Because there hasn't been a post about this on the pirate message boards..

Administrator
Seth IceFlame on Dec 9, 2020 wrote:
Will this free membership also be given to Pirate101 accounts? Because there hasn't been a post about this on the pirate message boards..
Unfortunately this is only for Wizard101 members.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Sparck,

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe this is the first KI has ever done something like this.
It is phenomenal!

Excellent, on behalf of all those excited players, probably most just about to see Krokotopia for the first time, thank-you!

Do these accounts also gain access to posting on the message boards as well?

Survivor
May 06, 2019
Hey, how does 1 receive the membership though do they just log into their account and its on there like it was automatically applied or is there something else they need to do...?

Survivor
Feb 26, 2015
Why don't you give new players or/and players that have never spent money for the game one-month membership for free ? Since you were considering to make Wizard City free, I think it would be a better idea for a free-trial of the game.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Sparck on Dec 9, 2020 wrote:
Unfortunately this is only for Wizard101 members.
This is a wonderful gift from KI to their loyal (non-member) players, thank you! Though I'm a bit disappointed that Pirate101 fans will not be getting that gift at all.

Survivor
Nov 25, 2011
well, it help a few. but i wish it help all, but thank you any way was a thoughtful gift to give.

Survivor
Apr 23, 2012
I have played this game since 2011, and this is the first time I have ever seen wizard101 give such a generous gift, Your not just giving people who have stood in wizard city since forever a chance to see some of the different worlds of the spiral ( Marleybone for the Win woop woop), but you have given them even a better gift. A gift at a chance to make new everlasting memories, and new friendships. I for one can't wait to see everyone out and exploring. 2020 is definately a different year, at least we the wizard101 community and the dev team are showing that it doesn't always have to be bad. Happy Holidays to everyone and see you in the Spiral!

Trevor, Level 140 Thaumaturge

Survivor
Jan 29, 2016
SunnyPhoenix on Dec 9, 2020 wrote:
Hey, I just wanted to say that I wouldn't have bought a membership three days ago if I knew that twelve free days were right around the corner. I have membership for a single month, and this is more than a third of that. Can people who just paid have a few extra days added onto their memberships?
This is exactly my concern/question.. I'm extremely happy about that this is happening but I just bought a membership too just because of 12 days (and I would have time to finally play through Karamelle).

Could our membership be paused while this is going on or would we be able to receive 12 days worth of extra time if and when our current plan gets cancelled or otherwise expires (as if it was paused during this time without having to affect current payment cycle, although that too would be fine)?

Survivor
Sep 25, 2019
Sparck on Dec 9, 2020 wrote:
For the 12 Days of the Spiral beginning Dec. 9th and ending on Dec. 20th at 11:59pm CT we are providing all Wizard101 accounts in good standing membership access to the game.

Membership includes many benefits including access to all the worlds and quests, a larger backpack, faster energy regen, and much more.

Eligible accounts must have been created before Dec. 9th. For accounts that did not have membership access prior to Dec. 9th, this is a temporary gift to you during this holiday period. If your account already has membership this won’t affect your current plan.

Happy holidays community!
This is probably the most generous gift I have seen Kingsisle do. Providing all Wizard101 accounts with membership allows non-members to have a glimpse of worlds such as Krokotopia, Marleybone, etc. However, despite this being a good thing, there are some downsides to it. For example, are the people, who already contained membership before this gift, going to receive a pause to their current membership? If not, I would say it's unfair since it's a waste of money. Imagine being an 11 year old child. You have been begging your parents to buy you membership for years and, one day, you finally convince them to buy it. The next day, Kingsisle does this; "Free Membership to all Wizard101 accounts!" You would feel kind of bad and guilty. It's ridiculous that other people had to pay $4 - $90 on something others have obtained for free.

Survivor
Nov 25, 2010
Wow. This is a really cool thing you guys are doing! Keep up the good work!

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Arxareon on Dec 11, 2020 wrote:
This is exactly my concern/question.. I'm extremely happy about that this is happening but I just bought a membership too just because of 12 days (and I would have time to finally play through Karamelle).

Could our membership be paused while this is going on or would we be able to receive 12 days worth of extra time if and when our current plan gets cancelled or otherwise expires (as if it was paused during this time without having to affect current payment cycle, although that too would be fine)?
Why should you receive 12 extra days, just because you have a membership? This is an offer to encourage non-members to see if membership is right for them - it's not a "freebie" that ought to given to everyone.
You get many things with your membership; non-members may not be aware ( if they're new) of all the perks available.
Be a little kind and generous to your non-member wizard friends and let them enjoy this gift (it's not like it's a part of the 12 days line up and it'll go away soon.)
Meanwhile you'll still have your membership on-going.

Survivor
Nov 25, 2016
I’m loving Karamelle and it’s delightful wonders... I hope in the future we get a world filled with stars like celestia I hope we can discover the true meaning of the star school and the moon and their origins and history as we explore beyond the spiral hopefully lol... Hopefully Sparack one day will build a better time traveler to get us beyond the cosmos of the spiral loving wizard101 been playing since 2008 definitely helps me when I’m down in my life I come to play and be with people who are like me who like games and want to have a fun awesome time with others I’m 21 now and still enjoy wizard 101 today and always will

Survivor
Jan 29, 2016
anecorbie on Dec 13, 2020 wrote:
Why should you receive 12 extra days, just because you have a membership? This is an offer to encourage non-members to see if membership is right for them - it's not a "freebie" that ought to given to everyone.
You get many things with your membership; non-members may not be aware ( if they're new) of all the perks available.
Be a little kind and generous to your non-member wizard friends and let them enjoy this gift (it's not like it's a part of the 12 days line up and it'll go away soon.)
Meanwhile you'll still have your membership on-going.
You might not have read what I wrote.

I am extremely happy they did this. It's probably the single best gift they could've given. They should do it more.

In my case, it it a little disheartening too.. I just bought a membership a few days prior to this promotion. I get that they wanted to keep it as a surprise but not announcing it in advance ended up creating this problem. I cannot afford to keep my membership going all the time. It really would've been a great help if I could use this gift, but since the unfortunate order of events, this is no gift for me. You can see why would this make someone feel bad.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Arxareon on Dec 15, 2020 wrote:
You might not have read what I wrote.

I am extremely happy they did this. It's probably the single best gift they could've given. They should do it more.

In my case, it it a little disheartening too.. I just bought a membership a few days prior to this promotion. I get that they wanted to keep it as a surprise but not announcing it in advance ended up creating this problem. I cannot afford to keep my membership going all the time. It really would've been a great help if I could use this gift, but since the unfortunate order of events, this is no gift for me. You can see why would this make someone feel bad.
I'm sorry you're in that position. I'm a crowns player, buying areas as I play. I will be buying crowns, but I'm waiting for a crowns sale. This opportunity just lets me play through areas I intend to buy, also allowing me to level up a few wizards who have been stuck.
Perhaps buying areas with crowns would work for you, too?