Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard101 Skips frames

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 31, 2015
I've been having a problem lately, and I never had this issue before. I guess it's because a new laptop but the FPS seem to remain the same at around 50+fps. It still runs smooth it's just at random it will skip a whole bunch of frames and I wanna know if anyone has the fix for this and if they can help me at all fix this issue?

Explorer
Nov 24, 2010
Hi, if you're having trouble keeping smooth gameplay, I would definitely recommend changing some graphics settings if you haven't already done so already. When you open up the Graphics page (which can be opened by pressing Esc while in game), you will be on the Video Options.

(Things highlighted in red will significantly increase fps)

Graphics Detail - Low (There's no real significance in the change of texture, and performance is improved)
Texture Detail - Low (Improves performance significantly when low)

(Also, if you don't mind, having a lower resolution also increases fps. If you do this, I'd recommend also having fullscreen off.)

Next, navigate to the Advanced Video Options.

Bloom Active - off (Bloom Active generates shading and lighting and can decrease performance when active)
Smoothing - off (Smoothing, as it's name suggests, smooths corners of objects, which decreases fps)
Shadows - off (Whether shadows under npcs or objects are visible)
Particles - Fully slide it to the left. (Decreases amount of CGI present to increase fps)
Jewel Effects - off

Hope this helps to establish more smooth responsive gameplay!