Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard101 Problem?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 21, 2010
Ok so I haven't played Wizard101 for like three days because every time I will load my Wizard101 application it would take so long mostly on: File Progress Patching: Data/GameData/Root.wad and I sent a message to the website but it kept asking me for my username which I gave to them in every message then I contacted KingsIsle they didn't reply at all so there was a problem which was on a thread called something like my character is in starter clothes but when Prospector Zeke answered I understanded a lot
the problem is way bigger it wont let me access Ravenwood! but my character Coyle Fireblade is a Level 19 and my other character Nathan is a level 9 but can access Massive Fantasy Place I cant get them out if the application won't let me play please help someone

Survivor
Feb 12, 2010
This may break your install, but it fixed mine.

Close the Wizard101 window.

Go to the folder where the .wad is. (C:\Program Data\KingsIsle Entertainment\Wizard101\Data\GameData\ on my Win7 system).

Rename the problematic .wad.tmp to .wad (Mine stuck on HousingObject-WorldData.wad, so I renamed HousingObject-WorldData.wad.tmp to HousingObject-WorldData.wad)

Relaunch Wizard101.

On my system, the launcher did not recognize that the .wad.tmp file had been fully downloaded. When I renamed it, it treated the file as complete, and moved on to the next one. After that, it loaded normally.

Hope this works for you. Cheers!