Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard101 issues

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 01, 2014
I am most curious of why when you do multiple purchases that they flag you for credit card fraud. Has this happened to anyone else? Does anyone else have this issue as well? I had the card owner message them on my account but it still has not been fixed so what else am I suppose to do?

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
SeleneRoseSilverwi... on Aug 12, 2018 wrote:
I am most curious of why when you do multiple purchases that they flag you for credit card fraud. Has this happened to anyone else? Does anyone else have this issue as well? I had the card owner message them on my account but it still has not been fixed so what else am I suppose to do?
There are 2 automated systems to prevent fraud. The first is from the bank that owns the card; the second is Kingsisle's system. Both are in place to protect our bank accounts from misuse if the card has been stolen.

The exact system with the bank may vary. Mine flags my card for possible fraud if I make just 2 separate payments to KI within a short space of time. When I attempt to top up my daughter's account with crowns and then my own causes my second payment to fail and my card is blocked. I get an auto text from my bank and within a few minutes the bank calls me to ask if it was me. We joke about my wizards having needs and my card in unblocked within minutes I can then put through more payments...

The system KI have is there as a secondary line of defence and also to show that KI are actively working with crime prevention to reduce fraud. There system appears to flag when multiple purchases are made in a short space of time or if the purchases are unusually large.

KI's system has only kicked in once for me but all it took to allow payments to continue being made was an email to them explaining I was the card owner and the transactions were authorised. They may have asked a few details, I don't remember, but if so, it was straight-forward enough for me to respond. The card owner will have no issue in answering any security details they need.

I've found KI Support to be very quick responding to messages but it can take up to 48 hours if they are very busy. It's possible your message is in a queue and will be dealt with asap. Keep your eyes open for a response, they may need more info from the card holder.

Did you get an automated response that your ticket was received? If not then contact them again via the website or help@kingsisle.com

Good luck, I hope it's solved soon!

Survivor
Jun 27, 2018
Victoria FireHeart on Aug 13, 2018 wrote:
There are 2 automated systems to prevent fraud. The first is from the bank that owns the card; the second is Kingsisle's system. Both are in place to protect our bank accounts from misuse if the card has been stolen.

The exact system with the bank may vary. Mine flags my card for possible fraud if I make just 2 separate payments to KI within a short space of time. When I attempt to top up my daughter's account with crowns and then my own causes my second payment to fail and my card is blocked. I get an auto text from my bank and within a few minutes the bank calls me to ask if it was me. We joke about my wizards having needs and my card in unblocked within minutes I can then put through more payments...

The system KI have is there as a secondary line of defence and also to show that KI are actively working with crime prevention to reduce fraud. There system appears to flag when multiple purchases are made in a short space of time or if the purchases are unusually large.

KI's system has only kicked in once for me but all it took to allow payments to continue being made was an email to them explaining I was the card owner and the transactions were authorised. They may have asked a few details, I don't remember, but if so, it was straight-forward enough for me to respond. The card owner will have no issue in answering any security details they need.

I've found KI Support to be very quick responding to messages but it can take up to 48 hours if they are very busy. It's possible your message is in a queue and will be dealt with asap. Keep your eyes open for a response, they may need more info from the card holder.

Did you get an automated response that your ticket was received? If not then contact them again via the website or help@kingsisle.com

Good luck, I hope it's solved soon!
This response is the best one you'll get.
I also had my card blocked recently and they restored it back to normal after giving them some information proving it was me making the purchases.