Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard101 for Surface Pro 6

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 03, 2009
Hi, I'm getting a Surface Pro 6 in a few months because I am an artist, but I still want to be able to play Wizard and Pirate. I've seen people say it works but I have also seen people say it does not. I wanted a clear answer before purchasing the laptop, can the Surface Pro 6 play Wizard101 and Pirate101? Is there a specific way you have to download the game? I know the Surface Pro has the specs but I wanted to make absolutely sure since people have had problems!

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
kiaral2004 on Jan 24, 2019 wrote:
Hi, I'm getting a Surface Pro 6 in a few months because I am an artist, but I still want to be able to play Wizard and Pirate. I've seen people say it works but I have also seen people say it does not. I wanted a clear answer before purchasing the laptop, can the Surface Pro 6 play Wizard101 and Pirate101? Is there a specific way you have to download the game? I know the Surface Pro has the specs but I wanted to make absolutely sure since people have had problems!
There is a question and answer on the bestbuy site about this.

Q: (Len 3 weeks ago) 'I purchased as a gift and forgot to ask if this would be good for online gaming, specifically Wizzard 101. Will my wife be able to play this on this SP6?'

R: (MicrosoftOutreachTeam 2 weeks ago) 'The Surface Pro 6 is a great device for playing Wizard101! As long as you are able to connect to the internet, you will be able to play this game.'

Sorry we can't post links, but you should be able to find it from the above (Wizzard is a typo from the quoted question, not a typo by me btw).

It all looks like it should work fine and has been confirmed by MOT (above) but the resolution is above full HD and the UI on Wiz doesn't scale so it might be tiny...it might need a separate monitor?? I think Sparck mentioned something about them looking at changing the UI so it scales for higher resolutions. He's really good with this stuff and can probably give specific details and great advice