Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard101 Corrupt File?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 07, 2009
I was playing Wizard101 when I wanted to teleport to a friend in a Sultan's Palace I accidenly closed to window. Now when I log in, I go back to the log in screen when it starts to load the Sultan's Castle.

Defender
Feb 25, 2011
I did not understand a word of that. Punctuation, my friend. Punctuation.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
The file probably got corrupt. There are two options that I can think of: the second one is faster:

1) You can uninstall and reinstall the game.

2) Exit Wizard101.

Use Windows Explorer to go to the folder:

C:\ProgramData\KingsIsle Entertainment\Wizard101\Data\GameData

Now do a search for "Sultan", without quotes. Delete the two files that show.

Now log back into Wizard101. It should send you to a default commons area or to your home or dorm room. The most likely area will probably be the World Tree in Wizard City.

If the second choice doesn't work, you can do the first. You can also send in a ticket to Support, but it will take longer to get a reply than it would to uninstall and reinstall the game.

Survivor
Jan 07, 2009
colagada wrote:
The file probably got corrupt. There are two options that I can think of: the second one is faster:

1) You can uninstall and reinstall the game.

2) Exit Wizard101.

Use Windows Explorer to go to the folder:

C:\ProgramData\KingsIsle Entertainment\Wizard101\Data\GameData

Now do a search for "Sultan", without quotes. Delete the two files that show.

Now log back into Wizard101. It should send you to a default commons area or to your home or dorm room. The most likely area will probably be the World Tree in Wizard City.

If the second choice doesn't work, you can do the first. You can also send in a ticket to Support, but it will take longer to get a reply than it would to uninstall and reinstall the game.
Thank you, it worked.