Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard 101 giving BSOD (blue screen of death)

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 18, 2009
I have recently downloaded Wizard101 and have played for about 2 hours when Wizard101 goes dark and BSOD comes on my computer. I have never had BSOD before until I downloaded Wizard101 so I am worried something damaging has happened.

What do you suggest I do?

Thanks.

Survivor
Dec 23, 2008
I highly recommend everyone to play wizard 101.
Try it I'm pretty sure your problem will not occur again.

Survivor
Oct 18, 2009
Survivor
Aug 25, 2009
as a computer expert i know a'lot about the BSOD

i never got it from playing wizard101 though

you might went to run virus scans and uninstall any programs that you do not know such as files with odd names that get cought from webpages you went

doing those should get rid of the blue screen of death issue

Survivor
Apr 26, 2009
I am having several issues since the recent patched, LAG from heck, jumpy graphics, wavy graphics, I think from talking to several people with these same issues maybe it's not just a *me* issue

Survivor
Oct 18, 2009
Yes, I have been continuing to play Wizard101. So far, I have gotten 3 BSODs and 1 freeze up of my computer. I have never gotten BSOD before so it must have something to do with Wizard101. Wizard101 is a great game but I hate worrying that at any moment BSOD could appear.

Thanks for the help, though!

Explorer
Apr 12, 2010
I was wondering about this as well. Everytime I log in the game is jumpy/ lags/ or freezes for a while. sometimes making me have to shut down my computer. It is bad enough that when I try to go around a corner on a sidewalk, it glitches and i get pulled into battle. Whats the issue?

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2010
This happens to me sometimes on my Windows HP laptop and at the end of the blue screen of death it makes a crackle like sound and restarts my laptop. Why does this happen?

Survivor
Jan 05, 2010
I had the same issue. Make sure you have the latest graphics card driver downloaded. If you go to the website for the graphics card manufacturer, you can have your computer scanned to make sure you are up to date.